Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - Stackable Items サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/17/24 at 12:56:02

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Suggestions
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Stackable Items
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stackable Items  (Read 1016 times)
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

Stackable Items
« on: 02/04/04 at 01:25:24 »
Quote Quote

Not sure if this was ever brought up but here it is anyway.

Ok I was thnking to make mana crystals and potions stackable.  depending on the quality different amounts could be stacked.  For instance Basic Healing/mana can stack 7 Healing/mana can stack 6 and Adv Healing/Mana can stack 5.

I think it will make training much better and would be easy to get it into the game.
IP Logged

Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED !!!!!!!!!!!
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Stackable Items
« Reply #1 on: 02/04/04 at 03:14:25 »
Quote Quote

great idea. it has been suggested before, but I'm not sure what happened with it then.

I have a feeling it wasn't going to be added because of the proposed 'containers' idea.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/04/04 at 03:21:49 »
Quote Quote

I may be misinterpreting the idea here, but doesn't that essentially remove the whole point to having a limited inventory system?
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Rattlesnake
USA 

Miau

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 02/04/04 at 04:27:01 »
Quote Quote

Well the inventory system is a little messed up anyway... I mean there's no way a tiny lil vile such as a potion would take up as much space as oh say... a halberd.
IP Logged

Contact Sweet_Dream in game. Smiley
My Pictures
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/04/04 at 05:39:10 »
Quote Quote

But what if it's a Reeeeeeeeeally little halberd, and a reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally big potion?
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

ヨrgn虱 Pr蚣kァtr

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/04/04 at 06:24:31 »
Quote Quote

lmao..I <3 Deval so hard!  

I also agree with him.  I don't think we should make pots/mana stackable or make bag thingys to carry extras.  If you did people would be able to stay in the zeum even longer, i mean hell why should people be able to stay out of town even longer than they can already?  Use more potions while in fights than they can already?  I think it is better just to have to head back to town sooner.  The larger your party the more mana/pots you have so the longer you can stay out of town, that seems plenty realistic and restraining to me, while making it possible for one crit to carry the ammount of mana that it'd usually take 5 crits to carry just doesnt seem right when i hear it.
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/04/04 at 12:12:27 »
Quote Quote

Not all items would be stackable lol.  However just becuase it keeps people out of town longer does not mean that it is a bad idea lol.  It would make it easier to train in harder spots for more experience and would give lower levels more of a chance to survive if a person that is level 10 runs into a lvl 20 and the lvl 20 tries to kill him/her.  It has many benifits. Hell it will even make gold come in faster becuase it is anoying with all the items they need at certain levels and they can't buy them becuase of the over inflated prices.  So I think the good out weighs the bad.  Won't be hard to add as JLH already has items and monsters stack in the player window anyway.  Just need to reuse the code in the inventory with a minor modification to only allow crystals and potions.
IP Logged

Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

ヨrgn虱 Pr蚣kァtr

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/04/04 at 13:50:49 »
Quote Quote

No one said JLH couldn't code it...

A low level will either be rounded or if he's got a full inven of pots he can drink and run, he wouldn't need like..what? 5x14 pots?  Much less he cannot afford them most likely...i know i wouldn't buy that many.

Training for longer really isn't a good idea, i think it'd make getting crits high level way too easy.  If you could carry that many pots you could train with enhance and RF on at all times.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/04/04 at 21:17:28 »
Quote Quote

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed.
IP Logged

Quark

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/04/04 at 22:11:43 »
Quote Quote

and moshes.. they d last even longer!

the extra pots u can hold will result in much longer and boring moshes due to the excessive time on them since u can now hold alot more
IP Logged

Quark
Issy
USA 

I am Alpha and Omega; the first and the last

67662135 67662135   Isaiah213   Issyfur
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/04/04 at 22:18:46 »
Quote Quote

Could you imagine killing someone and having them drop all those pots/crystals? Its bad enough with them dropping 7+, but to have them drop 7+*5?! it'd be like...

*kill* ahhh lag! *d/c*
IP Logged

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/04/04 at 22:24:10 »
Quote Quote

also note that those number are a bit high I was in a hurry. basic pots and cystals should stack as 4, noraml pots and crystals should stack as 3, and advanced pots and crystals should stack as 2.

I guess more convicing is needed lol. Just say for instance a mage. The stackable items will make it so they have enough mana for training and enough healing pots if they get bogged with monsters. A fighter or zerker this would benifit as they go through HP like nuts in a fight. Moshes may last longer but in the long run it may make them a tad more fair and the same people won't be winning every mosh all the time. It will not have people leveling faster it will just allow them to stay out leveling longer. This way they can explore out farther without having to run back for more pots or crystals. It will broaden the range people can travel and thus the game becomes more interesting.

Lol as for lag it is that bad already. when something dies.
IP Logged

Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/04/04 at 22:37:49 »
Quote Quote

on 02/04/04 at 22:24:10, Thenobleone wrote:
in the long run it may make them a tad more fair and the same people won't be winning every mosh all the time.

The change will effect all users and their ability to carry supplies, so it kinda nullifies that point.
IP Logged

Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/04/04 at 22:41:40 »
Quote Quote

yes it will enhance their ability to carry supplies.  They can have say 2 columns of pots and then the rest can easily be there for other items they need to carry. Thus making the game more productive.  there are times when people moan that they must give acouple pot spaces for keys on their excursions.  Well now you don't have to as you can still get the same amount of pots or more and still have room for that key.  It benifits all styles of players on NM.  The PK's, Trainiers, Explorers, boss killers, ect.....
IP Logged

Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

ヨrgn虱 Pr蚣kァtr

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 02/04/04 at 23:04:14 »
Quote Quote

Well of course it benefits them.  That is the problem we're trying to point out, the benefit is too much and un-needed.  It'd simply make the game easier.  If you want to carry more stuff simply bring along more crits, adventuring, exploring, training, pking, bossing....all you need to do is bring more crits if you need more mana, so level more crits up and using a cleric you'll notice you can stay anywhere for a good while as long as you don't waste a lot of mana on spells.

If you could carry that many items, even just double the normal inventory, you could make a party invinsible to monsters.  I mean hell, today i went to TK on my party of 12, for the first time out of 3 trips to him i didn't lose a single crit in the fight with him, other times- 1st 5/11 lived, 2nd trip 10/12 lived, this time all 12 lived...if you let me carry double inventory i would take 6-8 pots each, then fill with mana..i could sit around and kill him 3-5 times without ever having to go to town, i wouldn't die from him with pots on me cause i wouldnt have to deal with cleric stam being wasted by low heals.  That much space would simply make the game EASY.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 02/04/04 at 23:27:38 »
Quote Quote

it won't make it easy it will make it a bit easier to do the things people love to do in the game. It will only benifit the game in the long run and improve on it. yes it has some drawbacks but so does every new feature in the game.
IP Logged

alicia

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 02/05/04 at 12:27:30 »
Quote Quote

just make mana crystals better... or make better mana crystals
IP Logged
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

ヨrgn虱 Pr蚣kァtr

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 02/05/04 at 13:45:24 »
Quote Quote

That probably wouldn't work so well since you'd have to need 200 mana or something like that to use them....or atleast the wouldn't work well if you needed to cast large party spells.  I really feel that there is no need for more mana or pot holding or using capability.
IP Logged

Find me on Gaddy.
sayadin
USA 

Why ask why? Stop being a pansy and just do it!!

stonersayadin420   kamikazekarni
View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 02/05/04 at 17:01:14 »
Quote Quote

You guys forget about the new nightmist. When you kill someone it won't be like:
healing potion
healing potion
healing potion  
healing potion

Its now:
4x healing potion

So really it won't lag up no one. Its just that you guys don't want to see it happen maybe because you're afraid getting your butt kicked by a noob or something. I think its a great idea. It would save space in inventory. So I would give it a thumbs up idea. But I would let the stack go up to 2x. Also you said that people would be out of the town longer. Well thats the whole idea. Who would want to stay in town all of their nightmist life? There are many good benefits from this idea. Many people would leave town and leave it less laggy, It will give pkers more options on pking, You will get more gold, more experience, more knowledge of the game. And in the moshes it will be more of a challenge. I see nothing bad with this idea what so ever. So let it stay.
IP Logged

WWJD(for a klondke bar?)
Def-Con Owl Spray
Kills Owls Dead!
[Adult Swim]
I'm more confused than 3 bricks and a toilet seat!
Comedy is like cheese, Once you cut it, you can't stop laughing!!!
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/05/04 at 19:45:13 »
Quote Quote

This would create benifits and since it would affect all players would not make the game out of balance and also add realism so what is the problem?
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.