Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - Stackable Items サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/20/24 at 03:25:49

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Suggestions
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Stackable Items
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stackable Items  (Read 1017 times)
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Stackable Items
« Reply #20 on: 02/05/04 at 19:56:15 »
Quote Quote

In general, shunning a suggestion because it would unbalance gameplay isn't justifiable, providing the suggestion isn't obscene.

Just because someone suggested this, does not mean I'd get it shoved into the game and have people carrying over 100 healing potions! It would certainly be scaled to not disrupt the gameplay.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 02/05/04 at 21:24:49 »
Quote Quote

Correct of course this Idea would have to be sacaled but it will make the game better if it is put in.  Like some others said just becuase you are afraid it will mess up your go around and kill eveyone days you should not diss a good idea.  Also note it will help you guys out in a way.  If anything it will not hurt PKing but it will make it more fun for you guys.  More exciting fights ect.  And you will still beable to click people it is not like it is increasing their hp and decreasing your atk.
IP Logged

Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED !!!!!!!!!!!
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 02/06/04 at 00:49:30 »
Quote Quote

Like was said not too many in one slot or maybe if you can only have them in 1 slot or so and if there are too many then it gives you a message like "Your mana pouch is full" or "You cannot carry anymore potions without breaking them". There is some justification for ya. Also just a reminder to Pandi as I said before because it affects all players it does not affect game balance because it unblances everyone equally make the balanace in the end even out. Things like giving Devestate to select mages and other things that make 1 player or 1 class more powerful upsets game balance.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Geunhwyvar
USA 

Failure is not an option.

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 02/08/04 at 22:03:15 »
Quote Quote

This would not disrupt game play at all I don't think. Some people are saying just take a bunch of crits with you, some people don't have a bunch of crits they can take, and you assume everyone has 5 or so great characters to run around with, they don't. And if people started too, hey look 5 more archmasters and people are already complaining about the number of them.

Nightmist is more of an adventuring game, it has been taking to a pking game where people try to have the most archmasters and see who can kick whose arse.  

I agree with this idea because 14 potions would be easier to carry then 14 pikes or something. It would be better for people to be able to train longer and explore more, it would open up many more option for the game, such as extremely far off towns, or extremely difficult areas where the extra pots/crystals are needed to survive.  

It would provide more challenge for everyone, including archmasters, instead of sitting around south of NM waiting for unsuspecting prey.

If you don't do the stackable items, make a pack of sorts where you can place smaller objects, no weapons or armor that would be bigger. I'm sure this has been said before, but this topic brings it up again.
IP Logged

Holy, Geunhwyvar, Jeska, Torgar, Battlehammer, Llyon
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 02/09/04 at 11:55:05 »
Quote Quote

I here you and very good reasons for it to be added there.  But JLH said nothing about this idea yet.
IP Logged

Issy
USA 

I am Alpha and Omega; the first and the last

67662135 67662135   Isaiah213   Issyfur
View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 02/09/04 at 12:22:50 »
Quote Quote

on 02/09/04 at 11:55:05, Thenobleone wrote:
I here you and very good reasons for it to be added there. But JLH said nothing about this idea yet.

Pandilex has though  Cheesy
IP Logged

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 02/11/04 at 01:33:28 »
Quote Quote

Yes Pandilex likes the idea but that does not mean JLH will put it in the todo list lol unless pandi sneaks it in there Tongue
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.