Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - The Killing of Rangers »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 19:53:44

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Ranger Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   The Killing of Rangers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Killing of Rangers  (Read 1630 times)
ICP

Would you like a Smook and a Pancake?

MonsterComp911
View Profile

The Killing of Rangers
« on: 02/03/03 at 05:40:31 »
Quote Quote

man i rember when rangers did 80 Dam. on lv 30s over time they have bin reduced and reduced , but yet nothing good has bin updated for them. now i have lv 30 rangers doing 20 -50 Dam why is it that they have killed the  Race of Rangers!!?
IP Logged

My profile my words... NM BLOWS
Kazul
USA 

Don't speak, just let people assume your dumb.

hellcat13713
View Profile

Re: The Killing of Rangers
« Reply #1 on: 02/03/03 at 15:38:17 »
Quote Quote

i hear ya man.  All I use is rangers, and I have noticed it too.  Now the only way to do that kind of damage is to attack level 5's lol.
IP Logged

If you can't think of anything truly worth saying, you'd be just like the othere 99.9% of the population.
ICP

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/03/03 at 18:35:54 »
Quote Quote

thats all i had b4 around 4 rangers now just one  Cry But now im likeing the Dwarf Fighters  Grin
IP Logged

Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/12/03 at 23:11:08 »
Quote Quote

Dunno what is wrong with your rangers, but mine hits for loads
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/14/03 at 08:18:35 »
Quote Quote

on 02/03/03 at 15:38:17, KaZuL wrote:
i hear ya man.  All I use is rangers, and I have noticed it too.  Now the only way to do that kind of damage is to attack level 5's lol.

Maybe that's why theyve been changed, you do know there's 6 other classes right?
IP Logged
Bun
United_Kingdom 

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/15/03 at 18:46:18 »
Quote Quote

rangers do suck now
IP Logged

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/17/03 at 03:31:12 »
Quote Quote

Rangers shoudl be improved, yes, I think they used to be WAAAAY overpowered (flaming arrow could kill bears in 1 hit), now they are

• Hard to level
  • Just plain Pathetic
  • Not realistic at all!

I have a few suggestions

• Add arrows (which have both bonuses and setbacks balance it out somehow) You could increase dual shot this way, but with a little setback too.
  • Give them a sort of 'long range' ability ( I don't know how? )
  • Even though their hit rate is pathetic, its sorta realistic, but maybe add an ability 'charmed arrow' Does same damage as rapid fire (maybe + a few), always hits,  but takes some extra stamina or something.

IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 03/05/03 at 20:16:37 »
Quote Quote

on 02/14/03 at 08:18:35, King_Macros wrote:

Maybe that's why theyve been changed, you do know there's 6 other classes right?

lol, yes I do realize there are other classes, and since because of the changes, haveing 4 rangers dont' cut it no more, i've sold one of mine, and have 2 master thieves that will soon hit arch.  I also have 2 clerics, and an expert berserker.  As well as a druid.  Rangers are just my favorite, thats all.
IP Logged

If you can't think of anything truly worth saying, you'd be just like the othere 99.9% of the population.
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 03/06/03 at 04:23:21 »
Quote Quote

People must hate on rangers cause they don't have a powerful one. I personally own a lvl 30  5 stat perf halfling loaded with gear and i know that he is my favorite crit. i have arch fighters and an arch mage but no other class is as fun as a ranger. Before people say ,well they are to powerful try to level one yourself then see if your attitude is the same. If rangers were so powerful they wouldnt be able to be clicked by theives or rounded by cetain mages. So before saying rangers are to powerful think of those things. Maybe im just seeing things differently. I personally would like to see a new bow come out even if it costed 200k and was only 2 BD higher i think it would still be worth it.
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
Lyandor

Email

« Reply #9 on: 03/06/03 at 15:42:29 »
Quote Quote

on 02/17/03 at 03:31:12, SweUrk Rchirack Unicrown wrote:
Rangers shoudl be improved, yes, I think they used to be WAAAAY overpowered (flaming arrow could kill bears in 1 hit)

I don't remember them ever being able to kill bears in one hit from a flamming arrow, might have been during the time i left though.
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 03/06/03 at 21:21:13 »
Quote Quote

If you run from nm to arilin most of the bears you see will be moderate or mortal from low levels training on them till they die, this i maybe why you killed it with one flaming arrow.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #11 on: 03/07/03 at 16:14:09 »
Quote Quote

i have a 4 stat elf ranger lvl 25 (mages have nuthing on me Smiley) and i use it everyday, but that doesn't limit me to that class alone, i never run around with just 4 rangers, i always use 1 ranger, 1 fighter, 1 thief, 1 paladin.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #12 on: 03/07/03 at 16:18:46 »
Quote Quote

on 02/17/03 at 03:31:12, SweUrk Rchirack Unicrown wrote:
Rangers shoudl be improved, yes, I think they used to be WAAAAY overpowered (flaming arrow could kill bears in 1 hit), now they are

• Hard to level
  • Just plain Pathetic
  • Not realistic at all!

I have a few suggestions

• Add arrows (which have both bonuses and setbacks balance it out somehow) You could increase dual shot this way, but with a little setback too.
  • Give them a sort of 'long range' ability ( I don't know how? )
  • Even though their hit rate is pathetic, its sorta realistic, but maybe add an ability 'charmed arrow' Does same damage as rapid fire (maybe + a few), always hits,  but takes some extra stamina or something.

They really aren't that hard to lvl, lower lvl's are a bit harder, but go train a mage, then you can go cry on the mage forum.

I don't see how they are pathetic or un-realistic...

Adding arrows i think is a good idea, even if you could pick them up

Long Range Huh 1 square is the range of a bow being shot

And Charmed Arrow? Why should there be a better Rapid Fire? If it even would be put into the game, it should have a much lower base damage, like 4/5 less because it would hit full stamina.
IP Logged
Lyandor

Email

« Reply #13 on: 03/07/03 at 17:53:56 »
Quote Quote

on 03/07/03 at 16:14:09, Tender_Foot wrote:
i have a 4 stat elf ranger lvl 25 (mages have nuthing on me Smiley)

Boasting because your one of the thousand people with 20 wisdom?
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #14 on: 03/08/03 at 09:53:05 »
Quote Quote

most rangers are halflings...that's all i got to say to you
IP Logged
Lyandor

Email

« Reply #15 on: 03/08/03 at 10:08:46 »
Quote Quote

Not all.
IP Logged
Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 03/25/03 at 17:53:36 »
Quote Quote

actually he's right.  I an honestly say that I see a heck of a lot more halfling than I ever see human, half elf, or elf rangers.  People want the higher dex, so that is mostly all people want.
IP Logged

Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #17 on: 03/25/03 at 18:58:56 »
Quote Quote

on 03/25/03 at 17:53:36, KaZuL wrote:
actually he's right.  I an honestly say that I see a heck of a lot more halfling than I ever see human, half elf, or elf rangers.  People want the higher dex, so that is mostly all people want.

Thank you kazul (nice pic too Smiley)
IP Logged
ICP

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 04/10/03 at 23:02:44 »
Quote Quote

i Think Elf rangers rock if you have Dexies, and Humans are good for there hp.
IP Logged

Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 04/10/03 at 23:04:31 »
Quote Quote

I prefer a human for like every class. That is if you have a perfect or near perfect one. Their stats are balanced, and that's what I like about them. Plus, they can be any class. Smiley
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.