Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Some Ideas »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 17:01:35

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Ranger Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Some Ideas
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Some Ideas  (Read 1384 times)
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

Re: Some Ideas
« Reply #20 on: 02/17/03 at 03:21:01 »
Quote Quote

on 02/05/03 at 20:57:29, KaZuL wrote:
what is this, i'll tell ya what it is, it's a bad idea created by people who wanna make it harder for ranger users.  WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE JUST LEAVE RANGERS THE WAY THERE ARE.  Their hit rate has already been lowered once before.  I don't like missing full rounds with my 23 dex halfling, but it happens.  HOW OFTEN DO FIGHTERS MISS FULL ROUND OR MAGES FIZZLE FULL ROUNDS!  Just leave rangers alone.

I got nothing against rangers, in fact, they are one of my favorite classes! I'm just suggesting to make the game more realistic.  If you think this would take rangers power down instead of it being balanced, than maybe the bonus could be increased, more arrows could be added, or maybe, if the idea just seems totally outrageous to you still, if could be dismissed.

Thank you for your opinion.
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #21 on: 02/17/03 at 10:09:31 »
Quote Quote

actually rage...what i was saying, was have bows do a base, and arrows do a base. if you used enchanted bow and enchanted arrows, it would have more of a base damage then i currently does
IP Logged
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 02/19/03 at 16:12:04 »
Quote Quote

I noticed that the many people are saying why can rangers shoot all the arrows they want but clerics and mages cant beam or heal all they want. I have the answer. Like said before where do mages miss a full round.I have a lvl 30 mage myself and at the most i maybe miss once. Mages also hit for 55-60 damage on crits with even 18-20 wisdom. Doing the math here 55x5=275 damage. Now most rangers i know would be rounded by that. As for clerics,they can heal for 100 hp per click giving them an advantage in the long haul over any crit.A cleric with good wisdom rarley will fizzle as well. Instead of making rangers buy arrows i think we really should look at the class right now as being stable. Grant it they are kind of underpowered i feel. Having a lvl 30 ranger 1 clicked by a theif is kind of overpowering dont you think(also said by someone before me). But before thinking that hey rangers are overpowered lets lower them, give the players credit for knowing how to use them in the correct manor.
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #23 on: 02/20/03 at 04:09:11 »
Quote Quote

Devine Restoration only heals for 100, clerics can easily be rounded by a ranger with out getting a heal do to rapid fire. Now, saying they are underpowered when they deal 100+ damage to monsters, i didnt know other classes could hit more. And I think we both know 275 damage can easily lived throguh if your an elder like yourself allied. And for damage on other players, you've hit me with rapid on my lvl 26 for 80+ with spiked armor, that hurts, specially when i cant heal. For you to say they are UNDERPOWERED, well, we all know thats bull. And mages use mana, and fizzle a lot. For each spell they use, they spend mana. For each spell a druid uses, clerics uses, paladen uses; they use mana. Now, tell me why it's such an odd request to make them buy arrows? How is it possible to kill something with a bow, when you have no arrow, and for arrows to be 'free' is crazy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.