Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Ranger Problem (?) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 18:52:06

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Ranger Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Ranger Problem (?)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ranger Problem (?)  (Read 726 times)
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

Ranger Problem (?)
« on: 02/19/03 at 16:16:51 »
Quote Quote

It was explained to me that a ranger connot 'daisy-chain' track; but it should.

ie.  Ranger 1 tracks a thief, and if ranger 2 tracks ranger 1 ranger 2 won't follow ranger 1 when the theif moves.

Same issue with tracking parties? maybe...  Perhaps someone more first hand familiar with this can clarify if needed.
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

Re: Ranger Problem (?)
« Reply #1 on: 02/19/03 at 17:28:42 »
Quote Quote

If i understand correctly, youre saying that if a ranger is tracking a party leader, and then the party leader is changed, the ranger should still be able to track. IF thats what you mean, i completly agree. I think it would be much easier to track and entire party(regardless of which member youre tracking) than it would be to track just one person, realistically.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/19/03 at 17:57:14 »
Quote Quote

Yes again I agree that whole parties should be able to be tracked regardless of the leader.  

Something I noticed a while back is when a ranger tracks a thief party leader, the leadership is switched and thief moved to a clear square where it can covert, now when the thief re-enters the square track continues. Now if track worked on whole parties this wouldn’t matter anyway since the thief could never get away. But something that interests me is if a mage casts invisibility on that thief, which could then move and covert. Now in this situation does track continue? I would try it myself but I no longer have a mage.

Sorry if that made no sense whatsoever, it’s been a long day…
IP Logged
Cupcake

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/19/03 at 18:08:03 »
Quote Quote

Ill agree with that, if a ranger is tracking one character, and a mage happens to make that one character invisible, then it should be able to break the track, as the ranger wouldnt be able to see where it went.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Blade

Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/19/03 at 18:42:06 »
Quote Quote

But they can also see the foot prints (In some areas)
IP Logged
Cupcake

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/19/03 at 19:10:33 »
Quote Quote

If youre gonna be technical like that they can also smell a fart in the wind....
IP Logged

Blade

Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/19/03 at 22:03:53 »
Quote Quote

Depends on how windy it is Wink
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: 02/19/03 at 22:10:16 »
Quote Quote

ty all for those wonderful contributions...

The point is, the person that informed me of this, and I agree, thinks it's more of a glitch.  If you're tracking someone, you should follow them whether they are leading their group or not - you're following them, and they are moving...
IP Logged

Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/24/03 at 13:31:08 »
Quote Quote

That's one of the only ways that a track on someone can be disabled..if this is put into game then track has to be changed.

Track should take stamina.
Track should not be 100% successful each time. Let's say it should depend on the opponents dex (movement) or intelligence to "cover" their trail, or perhaps the rangers intelligence to track them.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Bishop
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/24/03 at 16:25:11 »
Quote Quote

I talked to JLH a Long time ago about track having a failure rate - I was under the impression that it was put in...  It's in the staff forum (somewhere).
IP Logged

Beowulf

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/27/03 at 09:59:12 »
Quote Quote

I agree with Zephie.  I believe track should be based on Dex, Intellegence, and have a failing possibility.  Why? Becuase some people get so annoying the track you all day.  BECUASE THEY ARE BORED. or cuz they want to kill you.  You cant go anywhere unless you log and they get bored.  PLZ change it to make it like assasinating or smite...to where you can fail..and take stamina away.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/28/03 at 01:04:53 »
Quote Quote

This also is effective for fixing the spastic mosh/track problem. I still say they shouldn't be able to track in moshes, and/or track without stamina.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Rattlesnake
USA 

Miau

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 02/28/03 at 18:23:55 »
Quote Quote

Why can't a tracking ranger lead a party? If he is tracking someone the party doesn't follow.
IP Logged

Contact Sweet_Dream in game. Smiley
My Pictures
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/28/03 at 20:32:57 »
Quote Quote

Because ONLY the Ranger has the true ability to track. Despite the fellow party memebrs that are in the Ranger's party. I know this kinda bites but maybe it could be changed that if your leader of the party is a Ranger and he tracks, not only does he follow maybe other rangers in the party shall do so also?
IP Logged
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/28/03 at 21:27:05 »
Quote Quote

A ranger wouldn't be much good if the people who hired him to track couldn't follow where he leads them...

(from an RP/storyline standpoint)
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Blast

Email

« Reply #15 on: 03/10/03 at 22:08:39 »
Quote Quote

ok, lol, i m completly lost, right now Rangers track is very basic, i think there should be added some failure rates based on stats of either Ranger or the one u tracking and a question should druids track be same as Rangers?
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #16 on: 03/11/03 at 05:08:47 »
Quote Quote

i think rangers track should have a failure rate, and druids only be able to track in wilderness, with a very very low failure rate, or none at all
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.