Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Abilities. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 16:54:54

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Ranger Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   New Abilities.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Abilities.  (Read 2312 times)
medication

R.I.P.

View Profile

Re: New Abilities.
« Reply #40 on: 02/01/03 at 04:19:40 »
Quote Quote

Why not make quiver as part of equipment other than shield ?  

-Add 2-3 extra spots for quivers on equipment page (ie 2 on sides and 1 on back), and make quivers buyable thing in shops. Spice upp with level restriction (skill increase):  
 at lv 15 add possibility to equip quiver #2
 at lv 25 add possibility to equip quiver #3
-Each one can hold certain amount of arrows which would be represented on mp bar as TOTAL amount of arrows carrying
-Add possibility to choose arrow-type on ability side (ie klick on rapid fire, klick on fire arrows, klick on monster/crit to fire one round rapid fire of fire arrows)

Keep shield, but only very small shields could be equipped by rangers (like thieves have now or forearm protection as someone mentioned that earlier), reduce armor value on those shields.
IP Logged

I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead - nothing serious.

[InGame: Tempest/Titan]
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: 02/01/03 at 13:38:36 »
Quote Quote

on 02/01/03 at 04:19:40, medication wrote:

-Add possibility to choose arrow-type on ability side (ie klick on rapid fire, klick on fire arrows, klick on monster/crit to fire one round rapid fire of fire arrows)

just make sure the fire arrows are described as having some sort of automatic lighting system(magical?) or you will have nit pickers complaining about "how can you rapid fire flaming arrows?...you would have to light them each individually!"
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #42 on: 03/08/03 at 20:34:54 »
Quote Quote

Why would Rangers be given an extra slot for arrow? mages don't have extra slots for mana
IP Logged
Blast

Email

« Reply #43 on: 03/10/03 at 22:16:31 »
Quote Quote

instead of Sera's armors they could for exemple get ability to pick up herbs or something (its stiupid i know) and after eating one they get + 1 dex or str or whatever depending on herb, so they wont be gods and they couldnt sell herbs to other classes to get cash only because they are rangers u wouldnt be bale to eat (cuz its gettin too old and ugly) your herb after 5 mins or how much time ya want.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #44 on: 03/11/03 at 05:14:07 »
Quote Quote

why should rangers get stat mods from herbs?
IP Logged
Zerlix

Are you sure you wanna meet me on a dark night?

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: 03/12/03 at 04:33:41 »
Quote Quote

I think rangers should lose their shield but also the quiver adds about 1/2 the armor and quivers only determine amount of arrows you can carry and you can buy better quivers at higher lvls

Everything in the game costs money to operate except for fighters, thiefs, rangers, and berserkers...now 2 of those are already almost identical and we should keep the money making ones equal to the expensive classes: mages, clerics, paladins, druids all of those are used for their magical abilities  

And don't cry about mages having to carry around a lot of mana, with beam they can round or almost round just about anything 60x4 or 5 240-300 damage and at high lvls mages have a low fizzle rate

criticize as you feel needed Tongue
IP Logged

«¤¥ðu WøulÐñ† §â¥ †hä† Îƒ ï HåÐ â GuѤ»
Zerlix

Are you sure you wanna meet me on a dark night?

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: 03/12/03 at 04:35:08 »
Quote Quote

"I think rangers should lose their shield but also the quiver adds about 1/2 the armor as the shield and quivers only determine amount of arrows you can carry and you can buy better quivers at higher lvls"

btw the quiver should go in place of shield
IP Logged

«¤¥ðu WøulÐñ† §â¥ †hä† Îƒ ï HåÐ â GuѤ»
Blast

Email

« Reply #47 on: 03/13/03 at 14:50:49 »
Quote Quote

thats a good idea
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #48 on: 03/14/03 at 08:24:21 »
Quote Quote

how would a quiver add protection? I can maybe see 2-6, but 1/2 would be 10, which i dont see a small round canaster thrown on your back or around your shoulder protecting that well.

And mages fizzle a lot, specially when attacking players. Also people are getting smarter now and usually have 18 wis on their crits, reducing damage. And since you brought damage into the picture, there's no way to increase how much damage a mage deals, on the contrary though, there's Enhance, Champs Strength, Righteous...all which boost the other characters damage.
IP Logged
Carpe_Noctem
Sweden 

Like a moonshield

View Profile

« Reply #49 on: 04/09/03 at 16:57:23 »
Quote Quote

Yes that's true... but how many other Classes can chose to save 1 stam... and just disappear... without any of the other classes <excepts Cleric> being able to detect them again... so basically a mage could...  

"Fire 3 beams for 3x60 go invis... wait for stam fire another 3 beams for 3x60 go invis... use Mana etc etc"

This won't happen in a one on one fight though... but in large party fights... like those who recently have happened outside the South gate of NM No one has a chance to even hit the mage unless they have him macro'd or have a Cleric with them... Hmm yeah... Going invis anytime it suits you really must suck... especially after you have made an <example> Fighter lose 2 of his pots and you have lost none of your HP's and 1 Mana crystal... I feel for you mage players, I really do.

"Mankind must die..."
IP Logged

"If no one see's me crying, so what's the reason to cry?"
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #50 on: 04/11/03 at 04:41:22 »
Quote Quote

man, i think your ignorant reading your posts, lol. most people have clerics readily available to them, and there isnt really that many mages. and once again, your lucky if your going to hit someone with 3 whatever with mages
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.