Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Abilities. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 12:03:15

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Ranger Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   New Abilities.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Abilities.  (Read 2311 times)
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

Re: New Abilities.
« Reply #20 on: 01/27/03 at 19:25:32 »
Quote Quote

(About JLH's post) That means that in 1 hour of constant fighting, they would use 3 quivers of arrows (aprox.) if each quiver had 300 arrows. Of course the arrows would replace the shield in the other hand. And this is constant fighting, which is impossible. And not all rangers are level 30, even if they will be sooner than we expect  Wink.

But if you rapid and only hit once and the target dies, then you should spend only one arrow. If you failed twice and hit once, then it is fair to have lost 3 arrows (Duh!).
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 01/27/03 at 19:31:22 »
Quote Quote

1 hour of fighting im sure they are going to need to go buy more pots or mana..

And if leveling, carry little more extra arrows..
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
PyroSonicX
USA 

ANTI-SOCIAL!!!

PyroSonicX   GodofallEvil187
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 01/27/03 at 20:26:10 »
Quote Quote

seeing that people are suggesting that rangers be more realistic, so heres a realistic idea for rangers, rangers are supposed to be a long range attacking character, so all rangers should be able to fire arrows from one or two squares away from there possible target, this only seems fair , if you want it to be realistic, rangers cant attack you from a distance, while u have to find them upclose to counter. this is only my 2 cents on the whole realistic thing, if you gonna go realistic, then it has to be down to the tiny things
IP Logged

~~Nautica~Novocaine~Chymaera~Slip_Knot~~
You are wrong,f**ked,and overrated
I think I'm gonna be sick and it's your fault
This is the end of EVERYTHING
You are the end of EVERYTHING
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 01/27/03 at 21:49:50 »
Quote Quote

I would have to agree witht hat, if you want more realisitic, then you need to go all the way, not just to where it is conveinient.
IP Logged
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 01/27/03 at 22:04:08 »
Quote Quote

And if your gonna get any stupider just kill youself. Rangers would be near invincible.
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 01/27/03 at 22:19:14 »
Quote Quote

Maybe you missed the point, what I am trying to say that if arrows are instituted where rangers have to buy thousands of arrows everyday to train, then something else needs to be done to balance that.  I am saying that it doesnt seem right to try to make something realistic only to the point that is convenient or hinders them enough. I just think that if no shields are instituted and arrows are also, that dodge rate needs to go up when there is no shield on, and that rangers get the ability to use blades, which lets them use a shield, thus taking away the having to buy arrows.  I dont think that the blades they have should be as high as a base damage as fighters either, so they do not become the same class.
IP Logged
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 01/27/03 at 23:07:05 »
Quote Quote

I just ran a little test in my clan arena with a fighter. He had no special equipment on. Just spiked armor and a hally. No Sgs, Crs or anything. I also had no special equipment and no shield.  

Yes, I did kill him, but consider this, if I was having to carry arrows, I would have been killed. He would have had more pots.  

One idea that was mentioned was implementing an extra slot on rangers for arrows. This is at least a better idea than taking away our tiny bit of inventory space for them.  

Another idea that was brought up was giving rangers a better chance to dodge, making up for the loss of the shield. Rangers are supposed to be quick already, so this too is a good idea.  

Mostly my problem is this. Everyone wants rangers to have stuff taken away, but no one is offering to give them anything in return, to make up for the loss.  

The last thing we need is another class like the druids...
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 01/28/03 at 04:42:55 »
Quote Quote

Even if rangers were to buy arrows they'd be in better position then mages. 1-2 slots, big deal! Mages don't carry much healing potion at all. If they did they would be stuck using nothing more then a silver staff.
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Pyros

Email

« Reply #28 on: 01/28/03 at 08:23:18 »
Quote Quote

Making rangers have to use arrows as two slots in your inventory wouldn't make them as bad as druids... Not even close.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: 01/29/03 at 01:12:29 »
Quote Quote

on 01/27/03 at 22:04:08, PopTart wrote:
And if your gonna get any stupider just kill youself.

Rofl, poptart, you are my god.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
PyroSonicX
USA 

ANTI-SOCIAL!!!

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 01/29/03 at 13:45:57 »
Quote Quote

on 01/27/03 at 22:04:08, PopTart wrote:
And if your gonna get any stupider just kill youself. Rangers would be near invincible.

i hope this doesnt refer to my post , cause seeing how my post acctually had some intelligence in it, it just makes you look "stupider"

and on a different note, my post was to the "realistic", not saying it should be in the game
IP Logged

Kazul
USA 

Don't speak, just let people assume your dumb.

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 01/29/03 at 15:28:50 »
Quote Quote

sera makes a very good point.  Most of you people only wanna take away from rangers, making it easier for you to beat them.  I'm a ranger user as most people can tell.  I'm not asking you to add anything to my favorite class.  I'm asking you to leave it the hell alone and stop trying to ruin it to make the game easier for you.  If you owned a few arch rangers i think ur opinions might change.  You don't see me asking them to take AoP from mages, or shields from fighters when their using a hally.  Why don't u play the game instead of trying to get unfair changes inacted to better suit you.
IP Logged

If you can't think of anything truly worth saying, you'd be just like the othere 99.9% of the population.
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 01/29/03 at 18:17:38 »
Quote Quote

This is a ranger area where people talk about rangers. It wouldn't hurt rangers to carry arrows in 2-3 spots. That's just the way I look at it.  Rangers still get nice damage by attacking with a bow.

Shawn - Yes I was referring to your post. If that were to happen it would be highly unfair and Nightmist would become even more over-populated with Rangers.
IP Logged

Kazul
USA 

Don't speak, just let people assume your dumb.

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 01/29/03 at 21:39:48 »
Quote Quote

very good point poptart.  Seems like freakin everyone has rangers now.  I got Kazul back when not that many people had good arch rangers.  Seems like right around same time I started working on getting more rangers everyone in nm had the same idea lol.  It's not a big deal, but it was more fun when I they were more original, and not just a fad.
IP Logged

If you can't think of anything truly worth saying, you'd be just like the othere 99.9% of the population.
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 01/29/03 at 23:11:39 »
Quote Quote

I don't know where the sudden popularity of Rangers came from. I remember when there were only 10 high level Rangers. I made PopTart ages ago when Celstial Bow was suppose to be coming out.
IP Logged

Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 01/29/03 at 23:18:14 »
Quote Quote

The carry of arrows wont hurt them, you people are not thinking correctly, this is a game of alts, adjust. As for duels, you just need the arrows that are in the right hand slot to duel with, that keeps you with your 14 pots.

Secondly, I've posted again and again, instead of trying to bring things down for other classes to be better, bring the sucker classes up even with the others..

Also, I've mention the use of many different types of arrows, such as ones that cause stats to decrease, maybe ones that can even stun once for so and so secs and can be used say per 2 mins.

Maybe even ones that could ignore % of someones armor(would have to be something like, could take up 3+ spots or way less arrows then the rest so doesn't completely make rangers very good..)..

This would make rangers a little more complex then rapid fire over and over.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
PyroSonicX
USA 

ANTI-SOCIAL!!!

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 01/30/03 at 12:55:49 »
Quote Quote

PopTart- even i think its not a good idea, and im the one who said it, just thought i'd clarify why i did, is just to make a point about the realistic post. which seems to have been clarified now

And on a different note, i think the arrows would be interesting, hell a challenge you might add, players could have to think twice about attacking anything and everything , if you had to pay for them
IP Logged

Merchant

O_o o_O O_O

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 01/31/03 at 21:01:42 »
Quote Quote

not sure if anybody mentioned this already but the shield being taken away is bad for armor.  I think they should get a quiver in its place. um I dont' like the inventory with the arrow things waste of space.  should just replace the mana bar with # of arrows or something lol but then it'll be like using a mage so i dont' know, sry i'm just babbling on and on i'll stop now
IP Logged
The Joker

RyderOfTheNite
View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 01/31/03 at 21:04:40 »
Quote Quote

Rangers should have to carry the arrows in the inventory. Mages have to carry all that mana..Rangers hit for more then fighters and like every other class so they shouldnt get as many potion slots. Only fair Smiley And yes i do own an Archmaster Ranger.
IP Logged

¤»^» Thê Jøkêr «^«¤
Lastel
USA 

You *turnip*bite!

View Profile Email

« Reply #39 on: 02/01/03 at 03:01:15 »
Quote Quote

Well, I am to tired to read every post in this thread, but from the looks of it, it is all just a summary of anothers idea. Therefore, I will 'grace' you with my idea:

-Drop the shield.
-Incorperate the arrows using the MP bar for Rangers.
  -New quivers up the set number.
-Increase Dodge %.
-Increase Hit %.
-Up Flaming Arrow's poison damage.

Just a few ideas that seem almost neccesary.
IP Logged

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil..."
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.