Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Gnoll Fortress - Catacombs »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 22:48:54

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Gnoll Fortress - Catacombs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Gnoll Fortress - Catacombs  (Read 575 times)
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

Gnoll Fortress - Catacombs
« on: 10/11/03 at 22:09:12 »
Quote Quote

Late into the winter season when most of the construction on Honoris Keep is halted until the weather warms, Bishop DragonTongue can often be found amid a stack of books and scrolls in the Keep’s Audience Chamber. This evening – fresh into the morning hours actually – he is writing intently into a large handcrafted, book (journal).

2nd M, 02 of the 2nd Mist (Feb. '03)

I had heard of a Gnoll Fortress to the far south of Nightmist City some time ago, but the prospect of adventure there seemed simple and frivolous at the time. However, recently, upon numerous days and nights of in-depth research – taking up a great deal of my winter season – I have discovered reference to a very old catacomb structure that is supposed to be underneath this Fortress.  

What information I’ve been able to piece together leads me to believe that the fortress, and indeed the catacombs especially, were once used by a secret organization of mages many years ago. These mages seemed to all specialize in conjuration & summoning magic; dealing a great deal with demon-kind. Although, from what I know of magery, I doubt their dabbling was limited much.

What is now the Gnoll Fortress, I know, was used by this mage organization as a school for gifted mages.  Much of what went on inside was kept well concealed, but many a young aspiring mage went to great lengths to be accepted into its halls. Most that traveled there never returned, choosing instead to join the order and work in the catacombs - doing what, I have yet to discover.

The school was functional for only a short time - I’d guess no more than a year - when all inhabitants simply disappeared. At that time no one outside the organization of mages knew of the catacombs beneath, so no attempts were made to look there.  One day the fortress was simply empty, a magic catastrophe blamed.  

Being far from Nightmist City and not far enough from the Forest of Souls, no one tried to take over the fortress and it was left to fall into ruins.  As the years passed, a great Gnoll Captain moved in and has been thriving there ever since. The gnolls, I’m sure, know nothing of what the place once was; they use the structure for simple shelter. Their presence is nothing but a nuisance to those that may want to explore there.

I must discover what secrets lay hidden in those catacombs...

A few weeks later:
The previous night, Phileo and Amy spent a great deal of time scouting the Gnoll Fortress. As there had been much talk recently about going there, they took the initiative to get familiar with the area. Several keys were obtained; with them we can now enter the catacombs.

As well prepared as possible, resulting in a nearly empty mana vault, Amy, myself (bishop), Valentine & Kiara, Bowmaster, and Envy set out to enter the Forest of Souls, en-route to the Gnoll Fortress and the Catacombs beneath.

(to be continued)
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

Re: Gnoll Fortress - Catacombs
« Reply #1 on: 10/30/03 at 10:35:29 »
Quote Quote

this is cool, i wanna see the rest of the story!!
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.