Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - What The... »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/20/24 at 04:02:06

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Paladin Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   What The...
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What The...  (Read 563 times)
aenir

View Profile Email

What The...
« on: 02/26/03 at 04:11:11 »
Quote Quote

I'm not sure what the staffies are thinking, but pallies finally ALMOST were up to par with the other classes.  I have a lvl 28 pally, it was still pretty bad even with the 80 point Aid.  I love pallies, but they ar horrible and truley not worth it.  The worst class in the game, yet again.  Nice job staff members, make something to balance the game, then ruin it.  Keep it up, see how many people play after one class is all the game becomes.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

Re: What The...
« Reply #1 on: 02/26/03 at 14:27:07 »
Quote Quote

Paladins heal fine, this is how they were before and with their self casting stat mods they are one of the games most powerful classes.

Paladins are not clerics, they should not heal like clerics.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Hamster

Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/26/03 at 14:50:09 »
Quote Quote

They werent though, although I do like this change.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/26/03 at 17:01:10 »
Quote Quote

Pally's healing for 90 was CRAZY
even though I must admit I liked it.
A few months ago DragonHeart wreaked terror on Nightmist, he won almost every single mosh. This was when there was Major Heal, for 50 and it used like 16/18mp. If people whinned that pally's were overpowered then. I think them healing for 90 and using less mp is a sure sign now.

I like the change, and pally's are still the best class even though they heal for 60's now.
IP Logged
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/26/03 at 20:17:59 »
Quote Quote

Seriously, the change of adding Aid to them is fine. Only having Heal was whacked, lol. I like them just how they are.
IP Logged
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 02/26/03 at 20:22:05 »
Quote Quote

I'm wondering if I'm the only one annoyed with purchasing a spell, having it taken away, then having it brought back and needing to purchase it again.

Ah well...at least it's only 3K...again.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
aenir

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/27/03 at 03:02:45 »
Quote Quote

Zephie, the heal isnt the only issue at hand here.  There chance to hit, their high lvl weapon (Justice Blade), and Holy Speed are all horrible.  I wanted to test out Holy speed whenI first purchased it, so I put it to the test against a lvl 18 fighter with 17 dex.  The holy speed made my pallies dex 25, but yet the fighter hit everytime and I still missed 7 times in a row.  Why is this?  Although that was a pretty under average battle for me and my paladin, it still happened.  Paladins need something, doesn't have to be higher heal I have now realized but they need something.  A better weapon would silence my whining. (and I beleive would also make the paladin class up to par again with other classes) It's sad that I saw a lvl 30 halfling pally with pretty good stats sell for 100k (equiped).
IP Logged
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/27/03 at 05:01:50 »
Quote Quote

Paladins already have several weapons that they can equip.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Hamster

Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/27/03 at 11:04:06 »
Quote Quote

Pallys need more weapons that most people can get, blade of time doesn't count as one.
IP Logged
aenir

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/27/03 at 22:15:20 »
Quote Quote

Last time I checked, theres one.  A very bad one at that.  Blade of time and CsotW really don't count, as only about 20 people in the entire game can afford either. There should be a high lvl pally weapon, because the justice blade really isn't working.
IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 03/02/03 at 07:35:00 »
Quote Quote

Maybe they could have something similiar to the halberd cept less damage and about the same difficulty as the halberd to get
IP Logged

Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 03/02/03 at 20:52:19 »
Quote Quote

In other words, a weapon better then the justice blade! It doesn't have to be quite as good as a halberd, but very close.  Fighters have a much better hit rate, so they will still have a great advantage.
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 03/03/03 at 15:00:43 »
Quote Quote

Hmm a weapon better than 24 damage but not as good as 25.....
IP Logged
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 03/03/03 at 19:52:48 »
Quote Quote

Who says the base has to be better?  I can remain 24, but make a mana leech, or possibly magical.
IP Logged
Hamster

Email

« Reply #14 on: 03/04/03 at 18:42:07 »
Quote Quote

Because the damage they do at the moment sucks.
IP Logged
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 03/04/03 at 22:17:31 »
Quote Quote

you say the damage they do sucks? palis can hit up to mid 60s at archmaster, thats not that far off from what a fighter can do. true, they dont hit that high all the time, but they are not a fighter, DO NOT EXPECT THEM TO HIT LIKE FIGHTERS. Palidans have an extreme advantage over all other classes. In the pentathalon event thingy when it was down to the final 3, Cupcake was able to fend off both a lvl 30 ranger and a lvl 30 dwarf fighter(w/ cobalt). I held my own ground very well and was still able to mount a decent attack before running out of mana. Palidans are great.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: 03/05/03 at 01:04:00 »
Quote Quote

If your cupcake (which I believe you still are) then I must certainly say that you held your ground against a lvl 30 fighter (csotw) and ranger for a good 10 minutes.  This is referring to the latest event that Zephie, myself, and Pandliex ran.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 03/05/03 at 06:17:12 »
Quote Quote

ty ty....*bows* now when i have my own csotw, look out palis are gonna rule the earth, well clerics will, but palis are still possibly the best adapted class to all aspects of the game as it is, taking into consideration its values against bosses(all of them it hurts), hitting power against both players and monsters, help available to its parties, and its ability to withstand attacks upon itself.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 03/05/03 at 20:14:51 »
Quote Quote

Yup Yup, I agree. I LOVE Paladins!
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #19 on: 03/07/03 at 16:31:45 »
Quote Quote

I murder with my Pally. And to say they are the worst class in the game is rediculous, I would still have to say Druids are the worse class, they still lack any real strength.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.