Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Triplex »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/07/24 at 20:21:13

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Triplex
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Triplex  (Read 1450 times)
Momba
USA 

Life isn't to be observed,it is to be experienced.

Old_School_Freak2003  
View Profile

Triplex
« on: 09/06/03 at 23:00:38 »
Quote Quote

This has been brought up before and even in a few Trilplex's it has been dealt with.
 Adepts in the Triplex. This is as annoying as it gets. The Triplex is the 1 event each week where players take thier best crits, best armor and jazziest potions and do what they do. To put an adept on a team simply means that team loses.
 To my knowledge there has only been 1 adept to ever make it to the final round in the almost 2 years I have been playing. It was Noname. So what is the sense in having them in there.  
 Level 27+ is my suggestion. Not that it matters at all but I will not join any other Triplex's until something is done. If Adepts want a Triplex then run it like the Saturday fights on HBO. You have light weight, middle weight and finally heavy weight fights. 1-20, 21-26 and finally a 27-30 Triplex.
 let me hear your 2 cents on it.
IP Logged

Thë Äñçïëñt Õñës
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

Re: Triplex
« Reply #1 on: 09/06/03 at 23:02:58 »
Quote Quote

Never been in a triplex myself...  Angry

I page almost every time im on for one, but never get in  Cry
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 09/06/03 at 23:04:47 »
Quote Quote

Sounds good, but...prizes for lower lvl triplexes?  Ya, i dont like that any lvl can join triplex, it completely screws anyone who is on their team.  I got in one time with silex as a journeyman, but got JLH to tkae me out...cause i didnt want to screw anyone over, or get teamed with clannies especiallly.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Kael

Σ£ÏÇΆ †€MP†Ä†ÏØÑŠ

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 09/06/03 at 23:05:57 »
Quote Quote

Seems like a good idea..
IP Logged

Prick your finger it is done....the moon has now eclipsed the sun..the angel has spread his wings....the time has come for bitter things........Rci,Playbunny,Fibula, and Ultima In-Game Smiley
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 09/06/03 at 23:08:42 »
Quote Quote

I think the 2 lower level triplexs would just be for bragging rights. Although level 27 + seems.. ack I don't know. Either 25 or 27+ seems good to me. But something NEEDS to be done.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Payne

ïMmÓrtÅ£ ®ôß

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 09/07/03 at 01:50:16 »
Quote Quote

Triplex should be for lvl 30's but 27+ seems fine cuz liek roc said  thsts when u get your best crit and armor and stuff to just loose cuz a gd lvl 10-15 is playing on your team.. if poele whine cuz they dont have any lvl 27+ crits well its not hard to lvl and plus not everyone who wants to join something can join it look at the NFL and NBA and MLB only the best get drafted and the others dont cuz they not good enough
IP Logged

Page/Memo Astinus,Payne,Apocalypse in game

http://www.geocities.com/baby10884/Watch.jpg
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 09/07/03 at 02:18:03 »
Quote Quote

Well I dunno about the NFL  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
DannysGirl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 09/07/03 at 04:39:40 »
Quote Quote

i think it should be 25+ when your at 25 you get some of the best armor, and can hold your own...
IP Logged
Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 09/07/03 at 05:22:06 »
Quote Quote

I support this idea and I think it should be level 27+.
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
DannysGirl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 09/07/03 at 05:51:00 »
Quote Quote

whats items are level 27+? i mean really, a wepon with a couple more base damage? a couple more items that give you a little dex? a little armor? 50 hp? i know from experience, it isnt too hard to take out an arch with an expert
IP Logged
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 09/07/03 at 05:52:26 »
Quote Quote

Sg's. Boots of Time. I know there's more. Someone help me out here.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
DannysGirl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 09/07/03 at 05:54:05 »
Quote Quote

sg's, emerald dagger, blade of time, crystal rings, AoP, Boots of time, amulet of lag protection, im trembling in me feet at these items...
IP Logged
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 09/07/03 at 05:55:46 »
Quote Quote

I wasn't including level 30 items...... And CR is level 25. And what's the difference between AoH and AoLP? (They both give +1 Dex. I'm not talking about it being a rare and what not.)
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Lich
Germany 

Death is but the beginning.

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 09/07/03 at 06:16:22 »
Quote Quote

I think he is right 27+ even though that would rule me out excet for one crit. Honestly a lvl 25 & 26 with everything you could possible get at that lvl can not contend with lvls 29 and 30 a 27 has a bit more of a chance. not much but a bit more.  
And you should be worried about those items because as it was shown to me if you have just one weapon that brings your armor down even slightly more than who ever your facing you could loose.  

But I also think they should run one for the lower lvl's as well to keep it for other's to get a chance.. Because with the pkers as they are now its not as easy as it appears to lvl anymore.
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 09/07/03 at 06:35:53 »
Quote Quote

triplex is as fine as it can be. after instating a minimum level you're still going to vulnerable to people throwing fights for personal/clan reasons, or just being teamed with morons. i just think triplex is sort of worthless anyhow, and why try and fix inherently broken themes. i mean, it's not fair, it doesn't represent any sort of personal achievement (despite there being only one winner), and the prize is rather negligable on it's own. so why bother trying to fix it?
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 09/07/03 at 07:08:25 »
Quote Quote

I believe the reason they chose lvl 27 was not because of item requirements, but because that is when zerks get their final stam...
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
DannysGirl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 09/07/03 at 08:05:54 »
Quote Quote

...i havent had to many problems taking out people with lvl 25's, ive taken out people with blades of time, with cobalt staff, and even 1 person with an emerald dagger, it isnt hard if you actually know what your doing...lvl 25's really aren't at much of a dissadvantage against lvl 30's
IP Logged
Limit
USA 

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: 09/07/03 at 09:44:51 »
Quote Quote

sad to say emerald daggers and blades of time are lvl 30 weapons. its good to state your opinion but bsing things isnt quite necessary. I vote yes on this idea, only reason i can see it not being implemented is staff time or willingness to want to put such effort do to player attitutude or lack of time for it.
IP Logged

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 09/07/03 at 10:38:27 »
Quote Quote

DannysGirl, may I ask as to what players you have beaten that possess a Blade of Time, Cobalt or Emerald Dagger? I think lvl 27+ is a good thing. Unless timing is put back in then I wouldnt mind being teamed with sub level 25 players.

Also the sooner Triplex is automated the better. There are numerous events that could be held every month or whatever. Maybe some of those suugestions already put forward could be discussed between the staff team.
IP Logged
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: 09/07/03 at 10:46:28 »
Quote Quote

Would lvl 29+ make more sense? That way every class has at least 5 stam..
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.