Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Triplex »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/08/24 at 00:58:06

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Triplex
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Triplex  (Read 1451 times)
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

Re: Triplex
« Reply #20 on: 09/07/03 at 11:29:00 »
Quote Quote

It would, but does anything on Nightmist actually make sense? Although a level 27 cleric, could probably beat every level 30 when played correctly. Plus as Sera said Zerk get 6 stamina. So level 27 seems a bit more realistic, plus most players can get to level 27 without getting bored like the 27-30 leveling.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: 09/07/03 at 12:06:09 »
Quote Quote

on 09/07/03 at 11:29:00, Eternyte wrote:
It would, but does anything on Nightmist actually make sense? Although a level 27 cleric, could probably beat every level 30 when played correctly. Plus as Sera said Zerk get 6 stamina. So level 27 seems a bit more realistic, plus most players can get to level 27 without getting bored like the 27-30 leveling.

wouldn't zerkers have an advantage at lvl 27 compared to a lvl 27 of any other class?  they have like 2 more stam then rangers. normally a zerker would lose to a ranger but i'm not sure about it at lvl 27.
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 09/07/03 at 12:13:01 »
Quote Quote

Ok, well honestly here's the thing. Imagine this...  

You are in the triplex, you are a lvl 25-30 teamed with 2 adepts. Your chances of going on to the next round? None. Your teammates are rounded by the other team made up of just lvl 25-30 crits. That leaves you... and only you...to defeat 3 people. The chances of that happening... slim to none.

The Triplex is supposed to be the high lvls out flexin thier muscles. Why not, after the triplex, have moshes for the lower levels? say a 1-11 and then an 12-23?
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #23 on: 09/07/03 at 12:36:49 »
Quote Quote

on 09/07/03 at 12:13:01, Sera wrote:
That leaves you... and only you...to defeat 3 people. The chances of that happening... slim to none.

I've done it once Grin I had an arch fighter (Lyetor) and I took out three level 25+ thieves. It lucky really, they weren't working as a team, just hitting randomly.. and as soon as I dropped one, I got a lot of pots to restock myself.
IP Logged
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: 09/07/03 at 13:11:08 »
Quote Quote

Well I always thought in a sense that the triplex was a combination of luck and your skill as a player (getting to level 30 if simply that). Sometimes you'll be lucky with 2 level 20s on the other team and sometimes them being on your team will make you unlucky. If it really is the common view that it shouldn't have this element of luck then I'll permanently remove it but last time this was brought up, the opinion was about 50:50 so I just left it.
IP Logged
Magma

Magma

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 09/07/03 at 14:32:29 »
Quote Quote

In my opinion a level 27+ rule is a very good idea... since level 27 gives you sgs and that is like the best thing for every class (but zerkers) and even clerics can use Divine Restoration yet, zerker got 6 stam and all that. I am sure you should make triplex a tournament for level 27+ crits only. It will prevent ppl from joining with low levels to 'destroy' a nice team in the first round. You can always get a party of 3 level 27's against 3 level 30's so it is still luck... but you don't know you'll die when you see your parings. Normally I can say who wins in first round of triplex when I see the parrings. Mainly there is an adept or any level 24 crits who juts became expert and run around with a pike. I think the best should win and not the one with the most luck. Many good player die in first round coz they were teamed with an adept or journeyman. it is like 2 vs 3 then and that looks really senseless to me. It would be nice if John or Wes could change anything at this Triplex which runs every week now. And btw. I also liked the idea of paging a random crit to prevent ppl from pressing macros and joining every week. Staff can just make a level 1 with another name every week, wait untill the first 24 ppl paged it and delete it then. Doesn't that have more sense? lol

- Simon
IP Logged
Metatron
Northern_Ireland 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 09/07/03 at 15:13:29 »
Quote Quote

dont enter the triplex myself so this doesnt realy concern me but i have to agree with dmeonic here the paging system sounds like quite a nice idea
IP Logged

With ambitious aim against the throne and monarchy of God rais'd impious war in hev'n battle proud
~John Milton
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 09/07/03 at 15:47:24 »
Quote Quote

Possibly make it so you cant enter unless your crit has it's class's max stamina . . .

ie Berserker 27
Mage 29
Fighter 28 etc.
IP Logged
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: 09/07/03 at 16:45:41 »
Quote Quote

I think lvl 27 to 30 is a good enough range for the triplex.

Create similar events for lower levels, so they have something that they can win as well, even if it's just a little badge that has no modifying effects, to wear for honor.

The way I would divide them (and name them) would be:

lvl 27 to 30: Triplex
lvl 21 to 26: Junior Triplex
lvl 15 to 20: Freshmen Triplex
lvl 1 to 14: Nooblex
« Last Edit: 09/08/03 at 02:07:34 by Lady_Maha » IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
DannysGirl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 09/07/03 at 17:01:54 »
Quote Quote

on 09/07/03 at 10:38:27, Eternyte wrote:
DannysGirl, may I ask as to what players you have beaten that possess a Blade of Time, Cobalt or Emerald Dagger? I think lvl 27+ is a good thing. Unless timing is put back in then I wouldnt mind being teamed with sub level 25 players.

Also the sooner Triplex is automated the better. There are numerous events that could be held every month or whatever. Maybe some of those suugestions already put forward could be discussed between the staff team.

you know what, cant say i kept the emerald dagger one, buuuuut

Disjunction succumbed to Darris's expert skill with her Halberd!
You killed Tadpole

cant say  i really kept any of the others, just kept those one's because they were talking crap, sorry. Tadpole was with a level 25, and disjunction was with level 26
IP Logged
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #30 on: 09/07/03 at 17:40:27 »
Quote Quote

OK, I'll do the random alt thing if someone reminds me when I do the 5-minute warning message heh and I'm not doing more than one triplex a week atm. With school, Saturday night is the only night I can really get on at that time for several hours but if it gets partially automated in the future it's a possibility. 27+ I'll consider for now or maybe rotate between that and not that every week, not sure.
IP Logged
Momba
USA 

Life isn't to be observed,it is to be experienced.

Old_School_Freak2003  
View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 09/07/03 at 18:38:19 »
Quote Quote

Thank you Oracle for addressing the issue. Every other week is better then nothing.
 I understand your situation with time and not being able to run the other events suggested. Is it time we hired more staff? This is a legit question seeing as Aidon hasn`t logged in since 8/31/2003 and Havanor still has issues with his computer.
IP Logged

Thë Äñçïëñt Õñës
deadman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 09/08/03 at 01:50:13 »
Quote Quote

Im all for the lvl limit of 27+.I was the first one to suggest this on the forum and it was only tested once then never kept i think it would be a good addition and yea just have a mosh for the 1-26.
IP Logged

Boron Or Eric_Cartman IN Game...
DannysGirl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 09/09/03 at 06:49:47 »
Quote Quote

on 09/08/03 at 01:50:13, deadman wrote:
Im all for the lvl limit of 27+.I was the first one to suggest this on the forum and it was only tested once then never kept i think it would be a good addition and yea just have a mosh for the 1-26.

moshes arent skill at all, its whoever is able to join the biggest party
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: 09/09/03 at 07:50:12 »
Quote Quote

There is a tiny bit of skill, which consists of getting that last single totally retarded idiot in the party to /nopk /afk and who to macro, whilst he sits there saying 'Can I have some pots?' or 'Heel and Champ plz'.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
DannysGirl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 09/09/03 at 17:53:19 »
Quote Quote

on 09/09/03 at 07:50:12, Deval wrote:
There is a tiny bit of skill, which consists of getting that last single totally retarded idiot in the party to /nopk /afk and who to macro, whilst he sits there saying 'Can I have some pots?' or 'Heel and Champ plz'.

lol, thats pretty true. but like yesterday, me and someone else were in a party, and outlasted around 30 people, and killed 4 ourselves, but we got hacked just on the basis it was us 2 against 8 person party. moshes have no skill what-so-ever, and even though i have crits between 27 and 30, doesn't mean that certain people should be excluded and thrown into a crappy mosh.
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 09/10/03 at 07:30:52 »
Quote Quote

on 09/07/03 at 18:38:19, Roc wrote:

This is a legit question seeing as Aidon hasn`t logged in since 8/31/2003

Dont get ur panties in a knot I'm finally back at school Wink
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: 09/10/03 at 07:58:22 »
Quote Quote

mmmmmmm panties... mmmmmmmmm...
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.