Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Clan Command Permissions »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 16:24:57

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Clan Command Permissions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clan Command Permissions  (Read 1102 times)
Kharybdis
USA 

DeludedMindGame
View Profile

Clan Command Permissions
« on: 05/04/03 at 16:01:56 »
Quote Quote

This is just an idea that I got as I read the threads about problems with some of the clan ranks; I don't know if it's any good.  Maybe, to add some flexibility, there could be a way for the clan's chairman to adjust per each member what clan commands can be used by that person (/mumbleset, /clan invite, /clan position, etc).  

Possible situations where this would be useful:  
  • Clannies with many alts could be given the /clan position command so they could set the positions on their own, rather than having to wait for founder or chairman to log on.
  • If there's a founder that you don't completely trust but you still believe they deserve to be founder, you could revoke access to founder only vaults or the clan bank.
  • You want a new clannie to be able to recruit, but you don't want to give him/her leader status thus granting him/her access to the leader's only vault.

There are probably others, but those are the only ones that I could think of off the top of my head.  

The commands could be something like /clan command grant (command) (person) and /clan command revoke (command) (person).  A shortened version might be /clancomm add and /clancomm remove.

Edit: fixed the formatting, corrected a few typos, elaborated on the command more.
IP Logged
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

Re: Clan Command Permissions
« Reply #1 on: 05/04/03 at 22:11:40 »
Quote Quote

Way cool. I've been thinking of something like that but couldn't figure out how to word it, which you just did perfectly.
IP Logged

heh
DragonZero
USA 

Never Run From A Sniper... You'll just die tired

GoldDragon1567
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 05/04/03 at 22:16:12 »
Quote Quote

Considering I'm a Chairman, this is a very very good idea, the only i would actually care for though is the /clancomm add and remove ability that would help very well but make it so that only chairmen could set it up...otherwise the founders might abuse it....
IP Logged

Mangler, Sirina, and Divine_Dragoon
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 05/04/03 at 23:35:00 »
Quote Quote

on 05/04/03 at 22:16:12, DragonZero wrote:
Considering I'm a Chairman, this is a very very good idea, the only i would actually care for though is the /clancomm add and remove ability that would help very well but make it so that only chairmen could set it up...otherwise the founders might abuse it....

Are you paranoid about founders or something?
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #4 on: 05/04/03 at 23:52:01 »
Quote Quote

I was thinking the same thing......  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Surkillalot
USA 

Nígh†mí§†

JOSHsc007
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 05/04/03 at 23:54:48 »
Quote Quote

Wow me to we must be on the same wavelength or somethin
IP Logged

JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 05/05/03 at 03:30:57 »
Quote Quote

i think it's overkill really, you have 4 levels, member/leader/founder/chairman, that should easily be enough.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 05/05/03 at 08:39:58 »
Quote Quote

how bout you try tagging 30+ characters in one day JLH, and then you tell me if you would like to be able to give the command to let the user do it. I know from running my own clan, and seeing kharybdis do it, it isnt as easy as it seems, you still have to type in a lot of names or paste and copy a whole lot, which gets annoying when everyone is talking around you and moving...
IP Logged
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 05/05/03 at 09:41:21 »
Quote Quote

/scroll
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Horror

Email

« Reply #9 on: 05/05/03 at 10:39:53 »
Quote Quote

Its much easier to type one command than /clan position blah over and over.
IP Logged
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 05/05/03 at 13:46:38 »
Quote Quote

either way, someone has to actually do the 'tagging'. so if you don't want to have to do it, don't take on the responsibility of being a founder.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Clu

Bring it!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 05/05/03 at 16:43:57 »
Quote Quote

I hate it when JLH is right, this is a good idea, but the 4 levels of positions we have are good enough.
IP Logged

The endless pain in your thoughts.

Faint / Holyman ingame!
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #12 on: 05/05/03 at 19:17:07 »
Quote Quote

on 05/05/03 at 13:46:38, JLH wrote:
either way, someone has to actually do the 'tagging'. so if you don't want to have to do it, don't take on the responsibility of being a founder.

but wait, look at your other posts, and your other fell co-workers, you say, dont make someone leader/founder who you dont trust. So you invite someone to the clan, your chairman, you do like you say, and there's no founders because you dont trust anyone yet. so then you are MADE to have to do them all yourself if you want people to be tags. I know i would have rather of done the tagging the kharybdis, becuase i knew my alts, everyone of them, and since i got in with so many at once, he missed some, and since my clan merged with his, he miss tagged a a few crits. But since i was just joining, he didnt trust us to be a founder, which i totally understand. and you cant just trust someone with foundership for a short period of time, because in that hort period of time they could move some squares, tag, move some squares, tag, then steal the gold, get out of the clan, and what happens then...

Paged User Pandelix: hi, can you help me, i made someone founder to tag their crits, and they stole all my gold a couple minutes afterwards, can you help me? his name is Tender_Foot

Pandilex Pages You from (Hidden): Shouldn't have trusted him. the log on says we're not responsible for things stolen

IP Logged
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 05/05/03 at 21:37:54 »
Quote Quote

I agree with JLH. 4 spots already.
IP Logged
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: 05/06/03 at 00:35:06 »
Quote Quote

/t Tender_Foot

When you create a clan you take on certain responsibilities as a chairman. If you do not yet have people in your clan you trust to be founders, one of those responsibilities is tagging the clannies, as annoying as it may be at times. It appears to me that a lot of people in this game create a clan for personal gain, much like a sect, when actually being a chairman/founder/leader means to take on the responsibility to help out other clan members, tagging them being one of them.

I have many founders that I trust 100% in my clan now, yet I do most of the little bullsh** jobs, like giving out tags, myself, and i don't mind doing it, although I could use the time to train my crits. I knew I would give up on actual playtime before I started the clan, and I don't regret it for a second.

The only thing I would love to be implemented was mentioned in another thread, giving out the same tag to multiple crits in one command, since this would save some time tagging one person's multiple alts (thinking of Zellish and his 26  Wink).
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: 05/06/03 at 08:56:43 »
Quote Quote

/t Lady_Maha me and my 26 alts? heheh It doesn't take long if you know which ones to tag and have the trusty copy and paste, quick fingers help as well, but a multiple invite for clans would be nice, inviting a large group of crits individually is a little tough at times, bah and try running all over Nightmist trying to get them all.
IP Logged

JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: 05/06/03 at 18:58:42 »
Quote Quote

i have done

13) '/invite clan' now invites all players on the square who are in your clan into your party.

for my next update.
IP Logged

Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: 05/06/03 at 19:15:34 »
Quote Quote

Hey thats pretty nice, now can we get something like that which would invite the people into your actual clan and not your party?
IP Logged

Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: 05/07/03 at 00:42:18 »
Quote Quote

a little mass recruiting, eh?  (yea i know...alts).  But I can see newbies running around inviting everybody to get members for their clans.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #19 on: 05/07/03 at 01:53:56 »
Quote Quote

on 05/07/03 at 00:42:18, Stotic wrote:
a little mass recruiting, eh?  (yea i know...alts).  But I can see newbies running around inviting everybody to get members for their clans.

i can see non-newbies doing it also.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.