Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Character Score Points »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 11:26:56

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Character Score Points
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Character Score Points  (Read 589 times)
deadbee

R2 woz ere!!

View Profile

Character Score Points
« on: 04/11/03 at 08:55:05 »
Quote Quote

I would just like to put a suggestion foward about the character scorepoints as i feel that it is very unfair that you lose points when you are pkd by someone but not gain any points when you pk someone. I would also
like to add that maybe you should get more points when you join a clan or be promoted in a clan there are lots of aspects about the points that i feel are missed e.g gaining points when you kill a certain amount of monsters or certain types of monsters, when your clan goes up in the rankings you should also gain points (this would also encourage people to join clans and spark more action among the lower ranking clans) and maybe lose points if your clan goes down or you get kicked from a clan.
It is unfair that a really good crit could b low ranked just beacuse of a few PK's when they were lvl 9

deadbee
IP Logged

Hee Hee
Kharybdis
USA 

DeludedMindGame
View Profile

Re: Character Score Points
« Reply #1 on: 04/11/03 at 14:23:37 »
Quote Quote

If you got some sort of tangible benefit from killing someone, people would just go around killing their alts...  or if something was put in that would make killing your own alt impossible, friends would just kill each other's low lvl alts.  That idea seems very prone to abuse, should it be put in (which seems fairly unlikely).
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 04/12/03 at 14:43:16 »
Quote Quote

on 04/11/03 at 14:23:37, Kharybdis wrote:
If you got some sort of tangible benefit from killing someone, people would just go around killing their alts...  or if something was put in that would make killing your own alt impossible, friends would just kill each other's low lvl alts.  That idea seems very prone to abuse, should it be put in (which seems fairly unlikely).

isn't this happening allready (a few clans ago) i was in a clan where osmeone would jsut go to the no exp loss arena and kill his alt just to get pk's
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
deadbee

R2 woz ere!!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 04/12/03 at 18:14:48 »
Quote Quote

Well i still feel sumthin should b done as i spoke to players that agreed that its very unfair that just because they got pkd a few times when they were low level they find it very hard to get a good ranking.

Maybe you could have a system where you only gain points for pks when you kill someone who is higher ranking than you? that sounds pretty fair to me

deadbee
IP Logged

Hee Hee
Cloaked Figure

Email

« Reply #4 on: 04/15/03 at 19:05:33 »
Quote Quote

don't get pk'd - it's one of the most challenging goals in the game...
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 04/15/03 at 22:59:48 »
Quote Quote

I believe killing your own alt is illegal based on an old regulation.  I'd like to see it enforced more often.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 04/18/03 at 19:46:59 »
Quote Quote

Id say make pks balance deaths out but no more, so if you have 40 pks and 100 deaths you only lose 60 points, but with 100 pks and 40 deaths, you dont gain or lose any points
IP Logged
Melfice
United_Kingdom 

Minion of teh fluff!

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: 04/20/03 at 17:18:06 »
Quote Quote

i don't think that any points should be given to the character score for pks becasue not only can people cheat to then get there score up it gives anti-pkers a disadvantage at their rankings and would have to either start doing something they don't believe in or have thier rankings go down which would make the game less enjoyable for certain people.
IP Logged

Let me show you my real power!
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 04/22/03 at 03:16:26 »
Quote Quote

I believe that those anti-pkers will become pkers soon enough in the near or distant future.. but, it's not just pk'ing that helps your score.. everything else helps it too.
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
Owen

Cheez iz good

bored2themax
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 05/22/03 at 02:47:05 »
Quote Quote

maybe pks should have nothing to do with your score, so if you got pked it wouldnt matter because it wouldnt take away from your ranking. And the abuse thing is not bothered with anymore
IP Logged

Olan, Cheez, and Yuli
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: 05/22/03 at 03:15:26 »
Quote Quote

on 04/22/03 at 03:16:26, Selene wrote:
I believe that those anti-pkers will become pkers soon enough in the near or distant future.. but, it's not just pk'ing that helps your score.. everything else helps it too.

I don't know if I can be considered an anti-pker, but I only pk if I am either attacked first, or to revenge and protect a clannie who is getting pk'd. If neither one happens, I usually don't pk, and I am not planning on changing that anytime soon, since I get no fun out of pking, and after all, fun is what I play NM for.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 05/22/03 at 07:47:02 »
Quote Quote

Now now, who would be killing your clannies that need protecting? * Deval whistles innocently
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 05/22/03 at 07:49:38 »
Quote Quote

~Lady_Maha pokes Deval with a bamboo stick~ Keep talking, tuff stuff, and I'll start throwing cotton balls at you!  Wink
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Jono

Email

« Reply #13 on: 05/26/03 at 05:09:09 »
Quote Quote

LoL i think its kinda funny that this topic was brought up a couple months ago and now again... and all its getting are the same results
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.