Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Archmasters »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 11:19:15

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Archmasters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Archmasters  (Read 1609 times)
Tender_Foot

Email

Re: Archmasters
« Reply #20 on: 04/21/03 at 14:03:03 »
Quote Quote

on 04/20/03 at 16:22:14, Melfice wrote:
What if the whole thing was changed so rather than just the archies gettin male spirit or what ever each of the stages could be a different name.

Like fighter could be intiate=adventurer, naming all the others novice, adept etc names as well as achmaster.  Cheesy

what would replacing one permenant name with another, do anything? *if i understand this correctly* all novices would be adventurers? wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose?
IP Logged
Melfice
United_Kingdom 

Minion of teh fluff!

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: 04/21/03 at 23:21:56 »
Quote Quote

I just thought it would make a nice change and look better if the names were changed.  All novice fighters would be adventrues, novice mages might be conjurers, novice rangers might be travelleres, novice clerics might be healer etc.  Then each class would have it's own individual names for each of it's stages in leveling.  It's just an idea to add some more unique things for classes etc.  Cheesy
IP Logged

Let me show you my real power!
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #22 on: 04/23/03 at 08:32:15 »
Quote Quote

but the thing is, is that it wouldnt be unique. it would be the same as it is now.

you look blah and blah over
blah and blah is a adventurer

you look over hoodie who
hoodie who is an adventurer

its exactly the same as it is now, atleast with my idea there would be diversity. >.<
IP Logged
Hybrid

Email

« Reply #23 on: 04/23/03 at 10:03:39 »
Quote Quote

Yeah but your idea sucks; it should be how it was before.
IP Logged
Melfice
United_Kingdom 

Minion of teh fluff!

View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: 04/23/03 at 14:18:38 »
Quote Quote

How will it be exactly the same as it is now? Instead of every lvl 30 being archmaster they will be something different for each class
IP Logged

Let me show you my real power!
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 04/23/03 at 18:15:38 »
Quote Quote

the lower lv system is fine..

But for lvl 30s, I say take off archmaster and for each class have 1-5 different names you can pick from..

Give your crits little bit of a difference from a lot of others.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #26 on: 04/23/03 at 23:51:14 »
Quote Quote

you mean oblivon...exactly what i suggested...hmmmm
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 04/24/03 at 06:55:00 »
Quote Quote

i've given this list of level/class based titles like a gajillion times now so for the sake of repetition i'll list them again but since it's fallen on deaf ears for a year now i doubt anything of any sort will be done to change the current system since it works fine.

fighter: rookie, private, soldier, mercenary, veteran, swordsman, hero, swashbuckler, myrmidon, champion, lord

mage: trickster, cabalist, visionist, phantasmist, spellbinder, illusionist, evoker, conjurer, theurgist, warlock, sorcerer, wizard

cleric: acolyte, priest, curate, canon, lama, (m)patriarch, high priest,

thief: vagabond, footpad, catpurse, robber, filcher, sharper, magsman, rogue, thief, executioner, assassin

ranger: runner, strider, scout, courser, tracker, guide, pathfinder, ranger

paladin: gallant, keeper, protector, defender, warder, guardian,chevalier, jusiticiar, paladin

the list goes from low lvl to high lvl for each class. kthxbye.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 04/24/03 at 17:52:45 »
Quote Quote

Hate to pick hole Ted but you need to include female alternatives. I wish I could find the last post I did on the subject when I posted my views.
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 04/24/03 at 19:09:07 »
Quote Quote

there's a few of 'em that could use some sexin' up but most of them aside from patriarch (alternative would be matriarch), will work on a female just as well i think. maybe you can dig up your old post and i can get a better clue as to what your thinking of.
IP Logged

So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine
Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

« Reply #30 on: 04/24/03 at 19:25:40 »
Quote Quote

And a female ranger could be Amazon..  Grin

I also really like your ideas Dognapot.
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #31 on: 04/24/03 at 20:00:23 »
Quote Quote

on 04/08/03 at 19:55:19, Defiant wrote:
I made this topic a VERY long time ago, LOTS of people agreed with me too, Seeing Archmaster Druid/mage/fighter ect...is boring, We need the old things back like Male Human Spirit, Or as that might not tell level for other people that arent so clever Male Human Expert Druid then change at 30 to Male Human Archmaster Spirit??

on 04/24/03 at 06:55:00, dognapot wrote:
i've given this list of level/class based titles like a gajillion times now so for the sake of repetition i'll list them again but since it's fallen on deaf ears for a year now i doubt anything of any sort will be done to change the current system since it works fine.

fighter: rookie, private, soldier, mercenary, veteran, swordsman, hero, swashbuckler, myrmidon, champion, lord

mage: trickster, cabalist, visionist, phantasmist, spellbinder, illusionist, evoker, conjurer, theurgist, warlock, sorcerer, wizard

cleric: acolyte, priest, curate, canon, lama, (m)patriarch, high priest,

thief: vagabond, footpad, catpurse, robber, filcher, sharper, magsman, rogue, thief, executioner, assassin

ranger: runner, strider, scout, courser, tracker, guide, pathfinder, ranger

paladin: gallant, keeper, protector, defender, warder, guardian,chevalier, jusiticiar, paladin

the list goes from low lvl to high lvl for each class. kthxbye.

so what defiant said, was he's tired of seeing the class and arachmaster. he said change it to Male human spirit.... what a couple of you want, is to just raname the levels. which would be axactly the same as it is now. yes there would be a little variety...but every fighter would be the same, every mage would be the same...people would just come back in a couple months saying, i dont wanna be the same as this other fighter, my fighter is cooler, blah blah blah, and would just suggest defiants/oblivians/my idea and take complete credit, and you people suggesting what you are now, would completely agree with them.....yeah, we need to be able to pick what our fighter would be for more variety, i say skip it, and go right to our idea...
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 04/24/03 at 20:31:28 »
Quote Quote

dude, your idea is multiple choice, you'd still wind up having the same title as someone else and then someone will say "i dont wanna be the same as this other fighter, my fighter is cooler" i think perhaps there will always be people saying that. that is probably the reason it's staying the way it is now, because for the most part it is futile to change the names without escaping the system that people are so bored with and since the system is categorization none of this will change the people who aren't cool with being grouped or having similar titles. i'd say just skip it all or use classic, established class specific titles. either way it will end up the same.
IP Logged

So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #33 on: 04/24/03 at 21:04:33 »
Quote Quote

lets look into the furture then

your idea......

1000 fighters are lords..

my idea........

200 people are warriors

there wouldnt be as many standard crits
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 04/24/03 at 21:14:37 »
Quote Quote

yes but warriors and whatever else fighters have to choose from are still fighters. so in actuality every crit is just as standard as any other. your ignoring the actual cause of people making these suggestions, which is people feel that the current level titles are too broad, so all that has to be done is to make them more specific. people will always have problems with not being able to be "the hamburgler" at lvl 30 but that's just too bad, if you level a fighter it's still a fighter.
IP Logged

So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine
Clu

Bring it!

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 05/16/03 at 16:37:17 »
Quote Quote

Well this is a good idea. But would JLH be up to it Huh
IP Logged

The endless pain in your thoughts.

Faint / Holyman ingame!
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 05/16/03 at 17:04:25 »
Quote Quote

Weird i see this topic today, while enjoying a nice smoke joppa and i were discussing how we like the old thing better...arch mage=warlock and what not and how we'd like to see that other then Master and Archmaster
IP Logged

Gangsta Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (do the gangsta walk)
Owen

Cheez iz good

bored2themax
View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 05/22/03 at 02:15:10 »
Quote Quote

ok, if you really think down the line, this idea will never happen. For it to be truly unique and not have anyone complain about "my fighter is better bla blah blah what ever" you would end up havin to have them pick their own title and god knows that would never happen. The reason the system is the way it is is so people can tell (within a few lvls) what lvl other people are. Changing it would just make this purpose harder.
IP Logged

Olan, Cheez, and Yuli
Jono

Email

« Reply #38 on: 05/26/03 at 05:11:06 »
Quote Quote

wuts the point of it...not many people really care wut they see... Whether its Male Human Archmaster or Male Human Archmaster Spirit or wut-ever... it doesnt matter
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.