Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Chairman Vault »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/29/24 at 18:03:55

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Chairman Vault
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Chairman Vault  (Read 1360 times)
Proteus
Canada 

Proteus, Caitiff, Reign, Ophidian, Trite.

View Profile

Chairman Vault
« on: 02/03/03 at 16:04:45 »
Quote Quote

Since the new installment of clan chairman I think there should be an option to buy a chairman vault for those very rare items you want to keep especially safe.
IP Logged

I will rape his kin,massacre his subjects,raze his kingdom to the ground & send his soul screaming to the foulest pit of Hell.Only then will I spit on his corpse.Only then will I have had my vengance.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

Re: Chairman Vault
« Reply #1 on: 02/03/03 at 16:18:41 »
Quote Quote

Doesn't it again come down to the - If you can't trust your founders, why are they founders?? Thing.
And if you can't.. Then why not just use a crit to hold the item?
IP Logged

Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/03/03 at 16:24:15 »
Quote Quote

Buy a vault and set a password to enter the square.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Proteus
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/03/03 at 16:55:40 »
Quote Quote

Founders can change passwords. I dont think having the option to buy a chairman vault is so bad, besides sometimes bad things happen and your founders turn against you.  

Why is there a member vault, a leader vault, and a founder vault and not a chairman vault?
IP Logged

I will rape his kin,massacre his subjects,raze his kingdom to the ground & send his soul screaming to the foulest pit of Hell.Only then will I spit on his corpse.Only then will I have had my vengance.
Fyxie
USA 

Nightmare, conspiracy, depression and lunacy

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 02/03/03 at 16:59:56 »
Quote Quote

I agree your founders could very well turn against you so there should be a chairmans vault.
IP Logged

Fyxie, Deviant, Vashalia, Stumbleine, Twink, Modulation, Elena, Pisces, Faygo, Adore, Starla, Autopsy, Dyna, Porcelina, Diao_Chan
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/03/03 at 19:57:06 »
Quote Quote

I also agree with the Chairman Vault.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 02/03/03 at 20:14:36 »
Quote Quote

I was against this at first, but it does make sense.  Even though you should trust your founders there still needs to be a line in security.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 02/03/03 at 23:41:21 »
Quote Quote

I agree too. We currently have a founder's vault, but the really rare items I still hesitate to leave in the vault. I have the most expensive items on a crit I have logged in that vault. Yes, I trust the current founders, but you never know when trouble might occur or a fight could start amongst them. I think since the chairman is absolute over the clan, he/she should be allowed to store really rare items safely, without a second thought. I've gotten into quarrels with founders over altering a mumble before (myself being a founder), even after no items were missing. Its just yet another safety measure to assure the clans security.
IP Logged
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/04/03 at 03:38:08 »
Quote Quote

dunno, I trust the founders of my clan, and they know of items I've had in vault witches gloves/hat/aoh/sgs/christmas blade. I've never had a robbery or anything, why would you make someone founder of your clan if you don't trust them completely?

then again, i don't see how having a chairman vault would hurt anything. Could there possibly be a new command to turn a vault into a chairman vault? for current vault owners?
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/04/03 at 04:38:07 »
Quote Quote

I agree, although you should be able to trust your founders, a Chairperson's vault should be added to the selections. Sometimes, people whom you trust can turn on you, get greedy, stab you in the back. I know Jen doesn't promote ANYONE she doesn't trust, and with good reason, but in some clans, greed overcomes people and they suddenly get the urge to have all the good stuff. This would keep them from entering.
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
Kalel
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: 02/04/03 at 08:38:50 »
Quote Quote

how about instead of makeing a chairman vult you make a standerd vult a secured vult for one person like so...

/setvult (username) now only (usernam) can enter the vult

to undo this you can

/unsetvult
IP Logged

http://www.venom-gaming.com
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/04/03 at 14:50:29 »
Quote Quote

*thinks to himself* hmmm  founders can turn on you? who'd have ever thought...

i think both(chairman/personal vault) are excellent ideas.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Proteus
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 02/04/03 at 18:00:25 »
Quote Quote

The only problem I can see for the personal vault is who can set it? If founders can set it then your back in the same position you were before. They can just change it.
IP Logged

alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/04/03 at 18:09:01 »
Quote Quote

It could be set, so only the Chairman can set it to a person - Then only that person can change it back? And if someone vanishes one day. Or hasn't played in afew months JLH could come and set it back to a normal vault..? Just an idea.
IP Logged

Proteus
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 02/04/03 at 18:28:18 »
Quote Quote

Thats alot of hassle, everytime someone gets a name change or sells a crit JLH will have to go change vaults.
IP Logged

Halor

Halor

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 02/04/03 at 20:37:02 »
Quote Quote

I like the idea. You make founders, friends, people you share with *cough* and you trust those people. But sometimes they turn on you. I think chairmans vault would be a good idea.
IP Logged
Holy_Spirit

Fantasy is also Reality

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 02/04/03 at 20:44:15 »
Quote Quote

Chairmans Vault would be a good idea, an I do have to agree with several people about the idea that if you don't trust someone enough to make them a founder, why would you.  In our clan, we had a founder that did rebel though and kill a couple of our clannies in sewers.  Don't see why he did that though...he just pissed our chairman and now whole clan kills him on site.
IP Logged
Proteus
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 02/07/03 at 18:43:58 »
Quote Quote

JLH offical verdict on the Chairman Vault?
IP Logged

JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: 02/08/03 at 03:19:54 »
Quote Quote

i suppose so
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
ICP

Would you like a Smook and a Pancake?

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/08/03 at 06:43:17 »
Quote Quote

well better yet have something liek this *You can not change a Mumble that the Chairman has set* this way save some time and less$$ also and do other things with this  Grin
IP Logged

My profile my words... NM BLOWS
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.