Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Moving Clan House »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 10:52:01

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Help Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Moving Clan House
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Moving Clan House  (Read 486 times)
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

Moving Clan House
« on: 02/18/03 at 19:55:50 »
Quote Quote

I got my clan house to 25 rooms the other day. I know it can be moved to the grassy meadow or to Arillin. I was wondering, however, if it could be moved to any other places. I read a post by Matt saying something about that. If so, please tell me where I can get it moved and when I can get it done. Besides, my clan house is in a crappy place on Tribal Street, so the sooner I get it moved the better Wink.

Also, if it is acceptable, I would like to have my clan house moved to the path south of Arillin. The one by the mansion and orc caves. If anybody would like to say I am doing this to give my clan unfair benefits, they are wrong. It would be a nice place to have a clan house secluded from the others. Besides, it would be a pain to get mana and stuff. I have my reasons for wanting to move there but that shouldn't concern you unless you're staff Tongue.
IP Logged

heh
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

Re: Moving Clan House
« Reply #1 on: 02/18/03 at 20:15:12 »
Quote Quote

I doubt you'd be allowed to move there, purely due to the fact you could step outside your clan house.. Hit afew things a couple of times, then go back into the clan sauna..
IP Logged

newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/19/03 at 00:50:11 »
Quote Quote

Heh, maybe if it was the desert, but you can't really do that with small snakes /shrug.
IP Logged

heh
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/19/03 at 17:51:50 »
Quote Quote

You might be able to pick your location if it's in a reasonable position. I mean, why not?
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/19/03 at 19:30:56 »
Quote Quote

It is true that you would have access to areas, areas that could turn your clan into the "owners" of an area. Choosing between Arilin, Resthaven, Sarka and Grassy Meadow is easy and would give you the chance to have the clan house in a better place than Tribal Str. I think that's enough, but I'm not staff...
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 02/19/03 at 21:42:16 »
Quote Quote

Consider the location of the Draco Honoris clan house. Its in the meadow, yes. But realize that it is less than 20 or so squares to the shallow stream. Is this not an advantage for them? Any way you look at it, putting a clan house anywhere but Tribal Street will create some sort of advantage over the others. Placing the clan house near the airship would be a very bad idea. Putting it a few steps out of the Large Forest, far enough away from the orc caves, doesn't seem totally unreasonable. Maybe judge the distance using the standards that TR and Draco Honoris have set as to their distance from the main areas (TR being the Barracks, Draco Honoris being both the Swamp and the Barrier Forest). Maybe their distances can help judge how far other clan houses must be located from an area.
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/19/03 at 22:03:00 »
Quote Quote

I don't think it'd be a big deal to also consider adding a reasonable sized area to exisiting ones so that a clan house could be reasonably put in (just put in some travel space not unlike the grassy meadow).
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/20/03 at 02:32:26 »
Quote Quote

Clan house in the grassy path would just be like having a safe spot. Both TR house and DH house are in town or close to it.  

Edit: The distances between the clan houses and areas are:

TR clan house is 27 squares away from barracks.

DH house is 19 squares away from swamp and 10 squares away from necromancer area.

IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Bishop
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/20/03 at 15:41:05 »
Quote Quote

saying TR is ## squares away from the barracks isn't quite the same scale measurement...  how far away from the first open area (large forest) that has real monsters? (and I wouldn't consider bunnies and deer 'real monsters' btw)
IP Logged

Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/20/03 at 18:25:37 »
Quote Quote

Ok, maybe it wouldn't be that bad if people added a few squares (and not in a line) between that path and the clan house.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Dark_innocence

We choose our own path.. what will yours be?

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/21/03 at 02:49:11 »
Quote Quote

In my opinion, if others choose to put a clan house anywhere, and it does not effect the playing of the game it should be allowed. Sure, there are advantages and yet, there are also disadvantages.  If loveless wishes to put it right in the orc caves, why would it be unfair?  All must realize, sure it may be closer to whatever areas or even just a change of scenery... but also, once you take that one step away from your clan gate.. you are free game to pkers. If it is a choice that any clan wishes to make and are willing to take the chance it should be allowed.
IP Logged

Stories
Caressing you with its words
Pulling you into its pages
Winding you around its plot
Meant only to entangle your mind
Confuse it, twist it
Bring it to a frame of mind
Then turn the page
Rattlesnake
USA 

Miau

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: 02/21/03 at 03:49:11 »
Quote Quote

It would be funny to see a clan member be trapped in the house because a large mob of pkers are standing outside. *chuckles*
IP Logged

Contact Sweet_Dream in game. Smiley
My Pictures
Kalel
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 02/21/03 at 05:38:36 »
Quote Quote

meh I wouldn't care if you can't move 5 sqares south in 2 seconds there's no way in heck you lvl'ed to 10 duh!
IP Logged

http://www.venom-gaming.com
Bishop
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/21/03 at 15:50:14 »
Quote Quote

Some things that should be considered in this moving of clan houses:
Having a forest near your clan entrance would allow vines to be cast at your doorstep.
This 'moved clan' can put a suana on the first grid inside their house.
I think distance to bosses should be a considering factor; part of the challenge of some bosses is getting there.
Clans should consider how far away the nearest town is (incase you need to buy Potions/mana).

There are probably other factors I've overlooked/not considered as well.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.