Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - HydraThorn »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 13:43:28

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Help Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   HydraThorn
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HydraThorn  (Read 780 times)
alicia

View Profile

HydraThorn
« on: 01/29/03 at 18:46:24 »
Quote Quote

Can someone plz post the full stats for the hydra thorn (ie level, damage, who can use it ect.)

Also does anyone know the approx. respawn times (gmt) for the general, SK, CG and any other bosses that appear about once a day and die within half an hour of spawning coz people know when they are gonna appear and are ready for them.
IP Logged
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

Re: HydraThorn
« Reply #1 on: 02/01/03 at 05:30:46 »
Quote Quote

I was going to tell you to do a /library on the Hydra Thorn, but it appears to have no technical info on it. *shrugs*

As for the boss spawnings...good luck getting someone to share that info. Smiley
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/01/03 at 16:34:13 »
Quote Quote

Just wait for a server update Cheesy
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/01/03 at 17:10:19 »
Quote Quote

the stats are intentionally not displayed - sorry, but you won't get the info there.  Players know, you should be able to find out.
IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/02/03 at 15:33:55 »
Quote Quote

i was wondering if anyone had wrote the stats down for this item BEFORE they (stupidly imho) stopped you looking them up on the website
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 02/14/03 at 22:41:07 »
Quote Quote

1 base damage, 0.1 poison chance, 30 poison damage. Not magical. I think all classes can use it...

Glad I could help  Smiley
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/15/03 at 06:01:34 »
Quote Quote

I'm kinda wondering why this weapon was ever made, its crap. I have 20. the Hydra Body drops way to many, and since they suck, no one uses them. I think the base for it should be raised, to like 8. It isn't much, but still, it's sad to see such an inovative weapon be so crappy.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: 02/16/03 at 22:48:11 »
Quote Quote

And it's a level 25 area! I prefer one SoF  than 50 Hydra Thorns!
IP Logged

Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/17/03 at 02:03:27 »
Quote Quote

It was deemed that the poison made up for no base damage.  It seems pretty clear that this is not the case, the base damage should be increased to something more practical.
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/17/03 at 04:29:01 »
Quote Quote

it definately should. personally, i think whoever does the weapons should, raise the damage, lower the drop rate, and buy all the hydra thorns (or most) off the site so there isnt a bunch of them floating around. And then, make the hydra body harder to kill. swamps was fun at first, but because of the crappy respawn rates and all the new people going, i tend not to go anymore.
IP Logged
Kharybdis
USA 

DeludedMindGame
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/17/03 at 05:37:55 »
Quote Quote

It might be worth using if it poisoned more often, but as it is it's not much of a weapon.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/17/03 at 06:36:42 »
Quote Quote

i dont think raising the poison rate will really matter as much anymore, with everyone running around with a 20 second antidote cleanse and devine restoration. I know if i was a sysop, i would be changing a couple things. I mean come on, is it that hard to change the hydra thorn. you can obviously see no one uses it, and its a boss drop. Look at druids, they suck, only people who use them are pk'ers. I look on this forum, and see all kinds of people complaining about things, shouldn't someone do something about it? I do know a lot of things really are just people crying, and have weird or rediculous ideas, but some people have very valid points. Look at the class balancing, I've yet to see any balancing, just talk of it.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/17/03 at 16:47:30 »
Quote Quote

He shoots... He scores! 3 Points for King_Macros!
IP Logged

Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/19/03 at 20:00:02 »
Quote Quote

Hydra Thorns are great....when dueling i always keep one in my invetory. Attack with it to poison, then switch to halberd....its called tactics and imagination.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/19/03 at 22:54:05 »
Quote Quote

I do that in moshes. But see, since I do that, I know when someone is using one, and since i always have mass covert crit with me <using mages or have thieves> I'll attack you with everything, maybe getting your hally. I have gotten a Blade of Sacrifice also. With it being a posion chance of 10%, thats 10 hits, by then your dead. Pick up the weapon and then I log. Even if you do happen to poison me, switch your weapon, with your stamina yo wont be able to round me. Then with my cleric i Devine, and look, fully healed and no poison.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/21/03 at 13:30:03 »
Quote Quote

It's not safe switching from hally to Thorn... You may get pked and bye bye hally.
IP Logged

King_Macros

Email

« Reply #16 on: 02/21/03 at 14:44:42 »
Quote Quote

I already pointed that out, but i guess if you wanna say it too Smiley
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: 02/21/03 at 17:15:47 »
Quote Quote

Didn't read that one... Sorry  Smiley
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 02/21/03 at 21:29:03 »
Quote Quote

THOSE THINGS CANNOT POISON. I was in a little all clan on at the time fight. There was myself (lvl 18-20 mage) my bro same lvl fighter and a lvl 26 pally testing out the 'new' hydra thorn. My bro won.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #19 on: 02/21/03 at 21:45:04 »
Quote Quote

They poison 10% of time. I've poisoned quite a few people with them.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.