Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Re: fickle de duh s3x »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 10:38:10

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Fighter Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Re: fickle de duh s3x
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: fickle de duh s3x  (Read 662 times)
Sausage

Email

« on: 07/24/03 at 21:25:27 »
Quote Quote

Or you could put a little work into it and make it a REASONABLE fix. Not some little fix to make fighters pwn.  
Give em a 27 base dmg weapon at level 28 and a 60k armor that gives more armor then Spiked.

Weapon be like 150-250k in Windia or something..
IP Logged
Sausage

Email

« Reply #1 on: 07/24/03 at 21:36:01 »
Quote Quote

said 25, meant 27 dmg
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 07/24/03 at 21:41:21 »
Quote Quote

on 07/24/03 at 21:38:28, -=ToM=- wrote:
they got blade of time, just give 7 stam

retard, why are you allways whining about things? fighters ain't that bad. and just put some cr's on em and their armor is fine. Cheesy they look bad cuz they don't have a one click attack thingy. 7 stam would be insane specially when you spell a fighter up lol. would do more damage then zerkers lol Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #3 on: 07/24/03 at 21:51:06 »
Quote Quote

7 stam would over power them, a new weapon with that base however wouldn't.
IP Logged
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 07/24/03 at 22:27:46 »
Quote Quote

on 07/24/03 at 21:38:28, -=ToM=- wrote:
they got blade of time, just give 7 stam

BoT's aren't exactly easy to get. I don't see a problem with another weapon for sale in Windia, It would increase weapon choices and overall effectiveness of Fighters.  
IP Logged

SpectacuLar
USA 

Lemony Fresh

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 07/24/03 at 22:46:19 »
Quote Quote

on 07/24/03 at 21:30:39, -=ToM=- wrote:
no hallys fine just give em 7 stam

some ppl dont have enough money to buy hallys
IP Logged

Activision, Sensation in game
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 07/24/03 at 23:05:42 »
Quote Quote

LOWER THE PRICES OF HALLYS d**nIT!  Angry
IP Logged

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #7 on: 07/25/03 at 11:22:17 »
Quote Quote

on 07/24/03 at 22:46:19, cRiMiNaL miNDeD wrote:

some ppl dont have enough money to buy hallys

Pike does only slightly less damage, so I'm sure you could cope with a pike instead of a halberd.
IP Logged
SpectacuLar
USA 

Lemony Fresh

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 07/25/03 at 11:24:27 »
Quote Quote

on 07/25/03 at 11:22:17, Mephistroth wrote:

Pike does only slightly less damage, so I'm sure you could cope with a pike instead of a halberd.

i finally got a hally . matter of fact i got 2 and i do way better with a hally than a pike .  
IP Logged

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #9 on: 07/25/03 at 11:28:26 »
Quote Quote

You attacked a Brown Bear with a Pike for 60 points of damage.
You attacked a Brown Bear with a Pike for 52 points of damage.
You attacked a Brown Bear with a Pike for 52 points of damage.
You attacked a Brown Bear with a Pike for 51 points of damage.

You attacked a Brown Bear with a Halberd for 58 points of damage.
You attacked a Brown Bear with a Halberd for 60 points of damage.
You attacked a Brown Bear with a Halberd for 69 points of damage.
You attacked a Brown Bear with a Halberd for 51 points of damage, killing it.
You got 84 gold pieces.

Not much of a difference there.
IP Logged
SpectacuLar
USA 

Lemony Fresh

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 07/25/03 at 11:30:58 »
Quote Quote

it was a big difference for me when i was training in orc caves.... i dunno
IP Logged

Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 07/29/03 at 12:07:56 »
Quote Quote

nah, not actually much of a difference in pike and halberd..although i dont think there is a really big difference between the BoT and hally damage..or evan said it pissed him off how little the differnece was..im not really sure, but ya, BoT isnt easy to get, but neither would a 200k item in windia (or atleast wouldnt be fore most), but i think the item would need to be more around...400k...and make it like a DotW for fighters. I say it needs to be more than 200k cause everyone sells halberds for 120kish and so the weapon they get several levels higher should be more expensive, and if it is going to be a new weapon, it'll need to be expensive to be good just like the DotW is epensive, but very nice to have one or 4 of them.  It'd be nice if fighters had a weapon to themselves..people talk about how halberd is a 2 hand weapon fighters shouldn't be able to use sheilds...make halberd a zerker only weapon since they cannot have shields anyway and give fighters something with like..1-3 higher base damage that would be a 1 hand weapon, then give them this new weapon to buy from windia that is slightly vampiric or something...maybe like .1-.25 vamp. with a base equal to or a little less than the halberd there is now, but give it to fightes only..zerkers get everything that fighters do...it just makes fighters losers, give zerkers only halberds and some other weapon too for lower and higher lvl...make them use some kinds of different weapons from eachother, they're not the same thing, berserkers seem like mad raving savages, fighters ought to be extremely skilled warriors and trained well in managing a sword or weapon of such.

Edit- the only thing im editing atm is..ahh..but do you notice how the pike damages the thing pretty much the same, but the halberd kills it?
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 07/31/03 at 12:50:24 »
Quote Quote

on 07/29/03 at 12:07:56, -Gaddy- wrote:
give fighters something with like..1-3 higher base damage that would be a 1 hand weapon, then give them this new weapon to buy from windia that is slightly vampiric or something...maybe like .1-.25 vamp. with a base equal to or a little less than the halberd there is now

You drunk?

A one hand sword with 3 more base dmg than halberd would have to sell for like 2 mill+, especially if it's supposed to be a lvl 27-28 weapon. But there ain't no point in creating another weapon with higher damage than halberd, cause of the single reason that halbers are "hard and/or expensive to get" (as someone mentioned above). Of course, if a better weapon was made, it'd be even more expensive.

Making a "fighters' DoTW" doesn't sound too crazy, though. But with as high vamp. as 0.25? And same damage as halberd? I'd say you're talking about a 5 mill weapon, not 300-400K.  

18 base damage,0.15 vamp,level 27. Price 350K.
Looks like this would fit a tad better into the game..
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #13 on: 07/31/03 at 13:06:12 »
Quote Quote

I'd rather be able to do the same damage as other classes, instead of being able to heal a small amount of hp.
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 08/02/03 at 06:54:19 »
Quote Quote

No nuts, fighters do too much less damage than other classes to take away MORE base from their weapons, i mean d**n my cleric has a weapon at lvl 20 that is only 5 base less than most arch fighters get, that isn't cool at all, after lvl 20 they suck to even bother with cause they're so boring to use and now they arent even the best class lower lvl because people use druids a ton now and zerkers own them.  Fighters are just gay now, the need help, i dont see why they can't get a weapon that actaully lets them do nuts.  

Thieves have a DAGGER with 4 base more than a halberd if a sword couldnt have more base?  they also can covert w/o using stam, and they 1 click.

Pallys can use a frikin BoT (rose blades give them a weapon better than halberd since it hits more), they heal themselves with aid, and can enhance and so forth...

Druids can morph for hp, have a mana draining weapon that isnt much more than a halberd with only 3 base less, + they have a healing ability (not for much but it could help if you're just off in some place), and they can camo.

zerkers hit way harder and can use just as good of weapons, have other attacks and 1 clicking abilitys, 6 stam, and best hp by a frikin ton (just w/o armor)

Rangers hit harder, have magical weapon for 10k, have 1 click, can forage for food and water in places, and cause you to miss them more often.

Mages hit harder, can invis themselves, can cause you to max out around 30 damage on them.

Clerics healing abilitys, enhances, party spells...

Fighters hmm...they've got armor just a little above rangers (very little..if its a halfling ranger and non-halfling fighter than even), they have 6 stam, and get more hp than most classes...all they can really do is click over and over...they get old really fast..everyone knows they suck.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.