Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Fighters overpowered? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 11:48:10

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Fighter Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Fighters overpowered?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fighters overpowered?  (Read 686 times)
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

Fighters overpowered?
« on: 05/11/03 at 03:22:35 »
Quote Quote

I mean really, 6 stam, all of the best armor, and great hp, also they can use the enhancers and stuff...but they should hit harder since zerkers can do 130 in normal on a person, while a fighter can do what? Maybe 80 if they are real good, but zerkers miss tons, more than fighters by enough to make up the difference.  Fighters only 2 disadvantages are not having a 1 click use, and not having a magical weapon that they can really get without being amazingly rich.  Not hitting amazingly hard like rangers and zerkers?  Maybe they just arent meant for pking.  If you go by regular game use where you can marco stuff. Rangers and fighters are the best, along with thieves I guess.  Clerics are nice too, if your in a party, but zerkers hurt themselves and miss a lot, pallys are cool i guess I don't have a good one.  Mages take tons of mana.  If you ask me-fighters own.
                         -Gaddy
I don't think they are really overpowered though...they just have great advantages..their disadvantage is the biggest one in the game..but mages, clerics, and pallys have the same disadvantage.....
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

Re: Fighters overpowered?
« Reply #1 on: 05/11/03 at 11:47:52 »
Quote Quote

You really havent made yourself clear in this topic. Are you stating that 'fighters are too strong and need weakening'. Or are you saying 'for those who think fighters are too strong, this is why they arent'.

I will try however to clear up some points that you have brought up.

You say that fighters can wear all the best armor. That is their point, to be heavily defended against blows. They arent very agile due to this mass of armor.

You say they should hit harder. They hit fine, especially as you have stated they miss less than other classes. For instance, if a fighter hit for 130 (like you said berserker do), and they didnt lose any hp, and could wear all the armor and not miss much. Then perhaps they would be overpowered, but they arent.

Not having a 1 click usage isnt a disadvantage. It makes the other classes more unique. Also with the 1 click ability, there is a greater chance of missing with all stamina, and losing 4 stamina if a kill is made with first strike. Fighters dont suffer from this.

You state the other disadvantage is that they dont hit as hard as rangers and berserkers. However, the rangers and berserkers miss more than fighters, hence their damage being increased.
I would say that rangers should lose the shield, because at the moment their armor equals that of fighters. Also berserkers lack of armor enables fighters to hit them consistantly for 70+.

Each class is good in its own right (depending on how you play them). Obviously some classes need some tweaking. Although this will happen in due course. Every class is able to set macro's for attacks. This means that classes with no all out stamina attack are not left unable to move shortly after using their main attack.

I personally dont think fighters are overpowered, but are quite balanced. They could do with other abilities, and their armor (without spells) should be much higher than other classes.
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 05/11/03 at 13:16:26 »
Quote Quote

nah..i think you misunderstood me..i meant that them hitting for 130 wouldnt make sense because of how much more often they hit, that they do get the best armor and that is good, that them not having a 1 click thing is needed otherwise they would be over powered...i dont know...i think i was tired while i typed most of that so it wont all make sense...i agree that the fighters are pretty well balanced though.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 05/11/03 at 14:44:32 »
Quote Quote

LOL...so the point of the post was exactly?
IP Logged
Blast

Email

« Reply #4 on: 05/11/03 at 21:40:08 »
Quote Quote

i guess to tell us he is cool with his fighters
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 05/12/03 at 04:21:53 »
Quote Quote

Ya pretty much to say fighters are good and that people shouldnt be trying to say that zerkers make them useless..i mean, zerker would probably pwn a dwarf fighter..but might have troulbe hitting a halfling, especially with the mods on equipment...and stuff like that....people complain about fighters not being good enough too often..i had before also..i was just saying that i now see why they are not..and see that they pwn all when it comes to just playing the game and isnt all pker style...pking i guess zerkers are better, and rangers, usually theives...but thieves and fighters and clerics are better to just play around with..rangers too i guess...
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 05/12/03 at 20:00:22 »
Quote Quote

All classes are equally balanced, and I think that's about all.
Fighters are just the more priviledge, because of a tad more hp. If you run into an arch berserker with Enhance or whatever, they're not too overpowered now. Cheesy
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Astrona

~*Šć®k Šļvļńīt’*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 05/13/03 at 11:03:48 »
Quote Quote

Zerkers get the most hp currently (unless their con is like 1  Roll Eyes ) And every class has their advantages and disadvandtage to balance the circle of NM life equally  Grin
IP Logged

~Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you from experience!~
Blast

Email

« Reply #8 on: 05/13/03 at 15:39:35 »
Quote Quote

right now all classes are kinda balanced but NOT mages!!!
IP Logged
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 05/13/03 at 20:00:33 »
Quote Quote

I love Fighters. I grew up with them and I still train them. To me, their advantage was their 6 stam, but with zerkers now...that's out. As it is now, a single Fighter can no longer hold his own. I used to be able to roam around the large forest and hit people not worrying about dying instantly. Now I run as fast as I can to avoid these large parties I see. It just doesn't seem right that you are able to 1 round a crit. I don't care if you're a lvl 30 6 stat ranger with all the best equipment, it just doesn't make sense. Fighters are definitely not overpowered. How I see it, they are now underpowered due to the recent addition of zerkers.
IP Logged

heh
Bill
England 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 05/13/03 at 20:21:37 »
Quote Quote

The only class that should be able to one round someone is thieves.  Smiley
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 05/13/03 at 22:04:04 »
Quote Quote

I agree...1 clicking done by thieves is about all that makes since (if they are equal lvls) or i guess a mage should round someone, but only if the person has bad wisdom, cause mages would get killed in a regular fight without AoP..but with AoP they are plenty good enough, no where near under powered.
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

newb

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: 05/13/03 at 23:31:13 »
Quote Quote

on 05/13/03 at 20:21:37, Bill wrote:
The only class that should be able to one round someone is thieves.  Smiley

/nod EXACTLY!
IP Logged

heh
Gwerradon

Email

« Reply #13 on: 05/14/03 at 10:33:14 »
Quote Quote

sooner or later all classes will be balanced out so much that none will overpower any others.  i think there should be more individual features, and the only way you can over power another class/character is by leveling higher than them, and getting more armor.

i think there should be more maps, not stupid ones like caves, jungles swamps...i mean towns, more towns where advanced levels can set as there new home town, it should be as big as nightmist and have many shops with advanced armor.... then as you level to say....70, you will be strong enough to defeat your way through whatever, and reach the next town where there is even better armor, etc.

i suggest there be tons and tons of armor to set out individuality, and u can mix and match too.  this way, there are more realms/worlds or what ever which people can progress to, where they can have a goal instead of reaching level 30, and thats it, nowhere to go.  I would gladly help out with map developing, and anything the staff need if they want the game to go this way, and be alot bigger to give people a chance to roleplay, and explore....

and then as for the overpowered bit, people will only be overpowered because they worked for it, not because of the set items, and whatever that nightmist already gives you.
IP Logged
newb

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 05/15/03 at 02:33:11 »
Quote Quote

Diablo anyone? :P
IP Logged

heh
Blast

Email

« Reply #15 on: 05/15/03 at 19:01:02 »
Quote Quote

yes, mages are fine? i guess u never had one! vortrex gate is useless now cuz i cant cast it anywhere i used to, druids can get higher armor then mages!! druids hit for more with MAGIC on lower lvlsHuh!? lvls 10 - 20, pretty important lvls!? druids have more hp, DRUIDS HAVE MORE COOL SPELLS!! and its so fine with mages, huh?! (i forgot druids have a weapon base dmg 23 or 22 iwch leeches MANA) (also druidical spells cost less)
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 05/16/03 at 22:29:08 »
Quote Quote

This page has nothing to do with mages...but yes, they are fine, they arent suppose to be really good til they are higher lvls, druids are great lower lvls and pwn just about anything, never have fought a high lvl druid, but vampyre is cool.
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

Horror

Email

« Reply #17 on: 05/17/03 at 12:11:38 »
Quote Quote

Druids own at high level, I took out a master thief extremely easily with my level 28.

I'll try to duel some characters and post a log for you.
IP Logged
Blast

Email

« Reply #18 on: 05/17/03 at 20:25:22 »
Quote Quote

thx, and yes it became mage post when u mentioned they re "ok"
IP Logged
scott4

Email

« Reply #19 on: 05/25/03 at 01:01:11 »
Quote Quote

Tongue
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.