Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Abilities. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 08:40:28

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Fighter Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   New Abilities.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Abilities.  (Read 961 times)
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

New Abilities.
« on: 01/25/03 at 18:28:11 »
Quote Quote

Fighters are possibly the most boring of all classes to use.

Maybe a rew range of weapons. It's not normal to see every level 20+ Fighter to have a Halberd equiped. Same damage but with different names. Variety will lead to more interest.

Learn a new skill which uses 2 stamina at a time. Wouldnt suggest an all out stamina useage. Or Rangers would become obselete.

Maybe have the option not to equip a shield. Instead a fighter would lose the armor, but in doing so has the chance to equip another weapon. Would deal a lot more damage, but therefore would receive more by opponents. Must roughly equal each other out. Adds to variety.

If equiped with a shield, perhaps an ability. Like dual shot, where the shield can be used as a weapon to inflict damage. Damage would be small, but it wouldnt affect armor. Also since your attacking with the sheild, it would be like a Block too, reducing some of the damage taken.
« Last Edit: 06/08/03 at 13:31:08 by Eternyte » IP Logged
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

Re: New Abilities.
« Reply #1 on: 01/25/03 at 23:53:09 »
Quote Quote

I think the 'off-hand' attack option is a good idea - dunno how difficult the coding would be...  I think 'shield-bash' or allowing another weapon option is a good idea for fighters.
IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 01/26/03 at 14:25:57 »
Quote Quote

Dunno what it could be used for, but a skill could be introduced using the shield, could be called 'cover' or 'defend', where the fighter may not attack, but the fighter takes cover behind his shield, significantly reducing the amount of damage he takes, by say, 75%. Could be handy waiting for reinforcements, or to draw damage from bosses while others do the damage. Whilst it may not actually be amazingly useful, its just a suggestion thrown into the mix.

Another option is 'Parry', where when selected, it stops you from attacking again, but gives you a % chance to parry every physical attack aimed at the fighter. The higher the dex, the better the parry rate.

Then there is 'Rush', which may only be used when the stamina bar is full or just refreshed. The fighter rushes his oppenent, striking his enemy below the jaw with his shoulder ( ideal for spiked armour Wink ). A skill which uses two stamina, does a little less damage than striking with ones weapon (or more if you should choose), and has the possibility of 'Stunning' the opponent for like 3-5 seconds where he/she may not perform any actions. The chance to resist stun could be tied into constitution.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 01/26/03 at 14:37:43 »
Quote Quote

I still think they need berserk. When have you ever seen a game without some sort of berserk?

Berserk would be balanced among all classes because of lost of defense.
It would improve their chances against mages.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 01/26/03 at 14:39:30 »
Quote Quote

Barbarians had that. Same as assissinate. Boring.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Schizo
United_Kingdom 

No more Mr. Nice Guy

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 01/26/03 at 15:46:42 »
Quote Quote

Yes, but berserk ignored all types of defense (armor etc)
And so it was to overpowerd
IP Logged

"In the name of God, Impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal d**nation. Amen." Hellsing
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 01/27/03 at 19:44:56 »
Quote Quote

fighters own but they need more weapons as Eternyte said.
IP Logged

heh
Sapper2

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 01/28/03 at 00:05:07 »
Quote Quote

I personaly think the Undead Sword should come back to the game, and be a magical weapon for fighters.  Maybe a 25+ weapon with a base of 25.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 01/28/03 at 01:17:00 »
Quote Quote

Were talking fighter 'abilities', keep on track. Start a new thread with that one.
IP Logged

Bun
United_Kingdom 

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/17/03 at 22:15:07 »
Quote Quote

i like the idea of useing to weapons put fighters with 2 hallys or csotw or to bot thats like 50 base 54 base with 0.6 vampuric and 58 base a dwarf with hit for 120 odd with the csotw ull get loadsa life back but ull round any one about from vardoft in 3 stam
IP Logged

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~
Arsenal
USA 

"Nobody Beats Asians"

DaChosenKorean
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/19/03 at 07:17:33 »
Quote Quote

So the fact of the matter is that fighters are the most boring class in the game and they need some spice. Currently everything is the same after lv 20 except the name and some armor selections, but mostly all the fighters are the same.  I purpose that new abilities, such as dual wield, mentioned above, and maybe another attack.
IP Logged

Arsenal, Ssj_Goku, Disturb, Sore
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/19/03 at 07:26:11 »
Quote Quote

I think that mining/weapon crafting/armor crafting would be a good addition to the class.  If they could mine in underground areas, then craft the weapons with special gems/stones they find, would add much creativity to the game.
IP Logged
Clu

Bring it!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 02/28/03 at 16:32:59 »
Quote Quote

If giving the fighters abilities helps em stay, im all for it. But i personally dont have any ideas  Tongue
IP Logged

The endless pain in your thoughts.

Faint / Holyman ingame!
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #13 on: 03/07/03 at 16:45:32 »
Quote Quote

I think they should given combos. Like at lvl 15 the abilty to use a 2 stamina attack that counts as 1 attack but deals dbl damage. lvl 20 you can use an attack that costs 2 stamina deals regualr damage an target loses a stamina, like a sweep attack and the losing of the 1 stamina would be generally used for the target getting back up, or them losing their 'wind'. lvl 25 2 stamina attack, would be 1 attack but deal the damage of 2 stamina, and would deal 25% extra damage and would miss +25% of the time. lvl 28 gain a 3 stamina attack that would deal like 10% extra damage, would kinda be like rapid fir, berserk, and quickly do 3 attack, but would miss +10% of time.

But obviously these are just ideas
IP Logged
Dark_Vengence

Ramble on.

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 03/26/03 at 04:41:38 »
Quote Quote

enough classes already have multi-stamina attacks such as rapid fire, berserk, smite, assassinate, etc.  this would not bring more originality or diversity to the game.  I personally also like the idea of holding two weapons, though maybe there should be a greater decrease in armor besides just losing a shield
IP Logged

Dark_Vengence ingame (believe it or not)
aenir

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 05/08/03 at 03:08:01 »
Quote Quote

i didnt feel like reading all this but i think they should make some old nm weapons like saota(stone axe of the ages) or ther ideas so every1 you see over 20 have a halberd
IP Logged
DragonZero
USA 

Never Run From A Sniper... You'll just die tired

GoldDragon1567
View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 05/10/03 at 20:44:18 »
Quote Quote

i think there should be an ability for a fighter to hold one weapon in both hands...losing armor but increasing damage...
IP Logged

Mangler, Sirina, and Divine_Dragoon
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 05/11/03 at 11:53:09 »
Quote Quote

LOL...you post your idea on the topic. Dont you read the original post though?

If you read the opening post, explaining the topic you'll see what the ideas are. You can then agree, and improve. Or disagree and justify your answer.
IP Logged
Blast

Email

« Reply #18 on: 05/15/03 at 19:06:25 »
Quote Quote

i think shield cover is very good idea, also parry but make it so that u cant attack but like u said u can parry blows but 30 % of blows u parried u could even make a counter attack so it isnt just standing and parring blows
IP Logged
scott4

Email

« Reply #19 on: 05/25/03 at 01:03:14 »
Quote Quote

yes they are :p
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.