Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - One on One to show how good druids are »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 20:44:15

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   One on One to show how good druids are
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: One on One to show how good druids are  (Read 1534 times)
Horror

Email

One on One to show how good druids are
« on: 05/17/03 at 20:50:14 »
Quote Quote

Fearless started a 5 second countdown.
Countdown: 5
Countdown: 4
Countdown: 3
Countdown: 2
Countdown: 1
Countdown: GO!
Fearless tried to attack you with his Halberd but missed.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Fearless for 19 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Fearless for 39 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Fearless for 40 points of damage.
Fearless attacked you with his Halberd but you were slightly shielded by your armor for 14 points of damage.
Fearless attacked you with his Halberd but your armor blocked the blow.
Fearless attacked you with his Halberd for 32 points of damage.
Fearless attacked you with his Halberd for 30 points of damage.
The Armor increasing spell has worn off.
The FØ®€v€® Îñfïñïtý clan (8 online users):
Genocide (Leader) (154/180) -- (Hidden), AFK ().
Fearless (LeT ThE BoDiEs HiT ThE FLoOR) (209/327) -- (Hidden).
Fearstorm (®êå©+ð®) (51/187) -- Tutorial Section (Nightmist), AFK (5 minutes of being inactive).
Lyetor (310/310) -- (Hidden).
Mordakai (-= Alex =-) (166/242) (223/263) -- (Hidden).
Roger_The_Ranger (-= Matt - Ryan - Wes =-) (181/241) -- (Hidden).
Hell_Razor (Founder) (§€×ý G@®ý) (183/250) -- (Hidden).
Pennywise (§Ëx¥ ߀ÂST) (293/293) -- (Hidden).
You are too exhausted at the moment.
Fearless looked you over.
You attempted to cast a spell, but it fizzled out.
You cast Stoneform on yourself, increasing your armor.
Fearless attacked you with his Halberd for 22 points of damage.
Fearless attacked you with his Halberd but your armor blocked the blow.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Fearless for 20 points of damage.
Fearless attacked you with his Halberd for 32 points of damage.
Fearless is a Male Human Archmaster Fighter. He looks strong, wise, fast, and average looking. In one hand he holds a Halberd, the other a Spiked Shield. He is wearing a Spiked Armor, and a Spiked Helmet protects his head. Around his neck sits an Amulet of Hermes. He is wearing Spider Gauntlets on his hands. He is a member (LeT ThE BoDiEs HiT ThE FLoOR) of FØ®€v€® Îñfïñïtý and he has been moderately wounded.
You looked yourself over.
Mordakai is a Male Elf Expert Druid. He looks strong, wise, fast, and cute. In one hand he holds a Hawk Talon, which glows with a magical aura, the other a Shield of Faith. He is wearing a Fireleaf Tunic. Around his neck sits a Silver Amulet. He is a member (-= Alex =-) of FØ®€v€® Îñfïñïtý and he has been moderately wounded.
The Mosh Server: Kalypso was assassinated by Caitiff.
Fearless attacked you with his Halberd for 31 points of damage.
Fearless attacked you with his Halberd but you were mostly shielded by your armor for 4 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Fearless for 40 points of damage.
Fearless attacked you with his Halberd for 18 points of damage.
Fearless attacked you with his Halberd but you were slightly shielded by your armor for 12 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on Fearless for 41 points of damage.
Fearless resisted your Stormwrath.
You feel your body morph into a Tiger.
You attacked Fearless with your weapon for 45 points of damage.
You attacked Fearless with your weapon for 34 points of damage.
You attacked Fearless with your weapon for 39 points of damage.
You killed Fearless
You got 0 gold pieces.
Mordakai (-= Alex =-) (175/242) (70/263) -- (Hidden).

Level 30 fighter, 19 x 18 19 19 x against a level 28 druid, 18 x 19 17 20 x. Fighter had AoH and Gaunts, druid had nothing. Killed the fighter with over half hp left. Also I was lagging like hell, which is why I clicked so much lol.
IP Logged
Horror

Email

Re: One on One to show how good druids are
« Reply #1 on: 05/17/03 at 21:10:41 »
Quote Quote

You started the 5 second countdown.
Countdown: 5
Countdown: 4
Countdown: 3
Countdown: 2
Countdown: 1
Countdown: GO!
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on xxx for 44 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on xxx for 41 points of damage.
xxx resisted your Stormwrath.
xxx attacked you with his Blade of Time for 30 points of damage.
xxx attacked you with his Blade of Time but you were slightly shielded by your armor for 18 points of damage.
xxx attacked you with his Blade of Time but you were partially protected by your armor for 10 points of damage.
xxx tried to attack you with his Blade of Time but missed.
xxx attacked you with his Blade of Time but you were mostly shielded by your armor for 8 points of damage.
xxx attacked you with his Blade of Time but your armor blocked the blow.
xxx looked you over.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on xxx for 43 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on xxx for 43 points of damage.
xxx: d**n
You looked yourself over.
Mordakai is a Male Elf Expert Druid. He looks strong, wise, fast, and cute. In one hand he holds a Hawk Talon, which glows with a magical aura, the other a Shield of Faith. He is wearing a Fireleaf Tunic. Around his neck sits a Silver Amulet. He is a member (-= Alex =-) of FØ®€v€® Îñfïñïtý and he has been slightly wounded.
xxx is a Male Halfling Archmaster Fighter. He looks strong, wise, extremely fast, and cute. In one hand he holds a Blade of Time, the other a Spiked Shield. He is wearing a Spiked Armor, and a Spiked Helmet protects his head. Around his neck sits an Amulet of Hermes. He has a Baron's Bracelet around his wrist. He is wearing a Crystal Ring, a Crystal Ring, a Crystal Ring, a Crystal Ring, and Spider Gauntlets on his hands. His feet are protected by Boots of Time. He is a Chairman of Thè Uñfõ®gïvèñ and he has been moderately wounded. He has been AFK (!! Hõ||å !!) for 88 minutes.
xxx: wtf
xxx looked you over.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on xxx for 21 points of damage.
You raise your arms, and summon a storm to strike on xxx for 40 points of damage.
xxx is a Male Halfling Archmaster Fighter. He looks strong, wise, extremely fast, and cute. In one hand he holds a Blade of Time, the other a Spiked Shield. He is wearing a Spiked Armor, and a Spiked Helmet protects his head. Around his neck sits an Amulet of Hermes. He has a Baron's Bracelet around his wrist. He is wearing a Crystal Ring, a Crystal Ring, a Crystal Ring, a Crystal Ring, and Spider Gauntlets on his hands. His feet are protected by Boots of Time. He is a Chairman of Thè Uñfõ®gïvèñ and he has been mortally wounded. He has been AFK (!! Hõ||å !!) for 88 minutes.
Cute_And_Cuddly left the game.
xxx looked you over.
xxx attacked you with his Blade of Time but you were slightly shielded by your armor for 22 points of damage.
xxx attacked you with his Blade of Time for 36 points of damage.
xxx attacked you with his Blade of Time for 21 points of damage.
xxx attacked you with his Blade of Time for 25 points of damage.
xxx tried to attack you with his Blade of Time but missed.
The Armor increasing spell has worn off.
You feel your body morph into a Tiger.
You attacked xxx with your weapon but xxx's armor blocked some of the blow for 22 points of damage.
You attacked xxx with your weapon for 36 points of damage.
You killed xxx

Ok, same Druid against a 4 stat halfling arch fighter, with blade of time, 4 crystal rings, spider gauntlets, boots of time and amulet of hermes. And I won, NOW do you see that druids are over powered if used right?
IP Logged
Horror

Email

« Reply #2 on: 05/17/03 at 21:13:45 »
Quote Quote

2 - 0 to me, think xxx has given up now lol.
IP Logged
Horror

Email

« Reply #3 on: 05/17/03 at 21:17:07 »
Quote Quote

3 - 1 to me, armour spell ran out Sad
IP Logged
PurpleHaze03

NMPurpleHaze
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 05/17/03 at 21:20:11 »
Quote Quote

druids are over powered by ALOT, im the xxx's, i dueled him wit noreaga...and he has juss wouldnt drop.
IP Logged

Old PurpleHaze, Salvation, Granthium, Nore, Noreaga and Capone in game.
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 05/17/03 at 21:25:24 »
Quote Quote

I agree, druids are overpowered. The armor spell should be reduced or something.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 05/17/03 at 22:39:10 »
Quote Quote

Hum...  perhaps the morph should not heal?  In most cases it's the morph heaing the druid half their hp that owns the other player.  (If this is done then an unmorph option can be added)
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

~*~¯|¯èµ F£üff'§ (v)ïñ¡°ñ ~*~
PurpleHaze03

NMPurpleHaze
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 05/17/03 at 22:51:47 »
Quote Quote

i had 110 armor, he had 130, its the armor spells and the morph, its a rip, cuz they get mad armor and when they morph they get 1/2 hp back, which is total bs!  Grin
IP Logged

Old PurpleHaze, Salvation, Granthium, Nore, Noreaga and Capone in game.
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 05/18/03 at 05:43:51 »
Quote Quote

Meh Oh well Now make fighters better  Wink
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Horror

Email

« Reply #9 on: 05/18/03 at 10:11:12 »
Quote Quote

I still won two of the duels without using morph, so it isn't just that.
IP Logged
Pile

Email

« Reply #10 on: 05/18/03 at 10:50:56 »
Quote Quote

Yeah, even with out morphing they still pretty much own. Peeps still wont believe you though lmao…they never do. I posted a couple of duels before and nobody cares; there are always other reasons than druids being overpowered. I still say drop the armour and raise the heal to what it used to be, makes use of a what is currently a crap spell and stops them being overpowered.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 05/18/03 at 18:11:13 »
Quote Quote

Or DONT make the class weaker, and make the others stronger...

What is your obsession with making everything weaker? Jeeze, If the druid owns fighters, then make fighters better. If it owns rangers make them better too....

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bill
England 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 05/18/03 at 19:12:35 »
Quote Quote

If we keep making everything stronger, eventually every class will be able to round anyone else, which takes all strategy out of the game.
IP Logged
Pile

Email

« Reply #13 on: 05/18/03 at 19:25:34 »
Quote Quote

Well said. Also, people are generally pretty happy where most of the other classes are now – fighters, clerics and thieves are pretty balanced really, why should these have to be made stronger just for druids? And then there are rangers; a lot of people consider them to be overpowered as it is. I found druids still able to beat rangers with relative ease, what would happen in relation to the rest of the classes if rangers were made even stronger?
  In my opinion It’s not all about making them weaker, although this is part of it. Their strength lies pretty much entirely in their massive armour levels, if this was reduced and instead their strengths diversified into other skills/abilities, they wouldn’t be so unstoppable and it wouldn’t mean simply making them crap or boring to use.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 05/18/03 at 21:57:38 »
Quote Quote

Alright, Go ahead, Make them weaker. Until they become a wimpering mass of flesh that hits for max 3-4...

Thats the direction you head if you make em weaker.

My point was, bring everyone up to the strength of druids, hence causing this miraculous thing we like to call 'balance'. If you make druids weaker some other class is gonna be more powerful, and its just gonna keep going like that until as I said above, all classes will be weak beyond belief.

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: 05/19/03 at 01:17:00 »
Quote Quote

Yes I do realize druids can usually beat most others even without morph, but I'm just saying without the half healing factor the odds are alot better for the other person.
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

~*~¯|¯èµ F£üff'§ (v)ïñ¡°ñ ~*~
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 05/19/03 at 04:14:23 »
Quote Quote

Druid's armor needs to be lowered.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Horror

Email

« Reply #17 on: 05/19/03 at 20:28:07 »
Quote Quote

I also forgot to mention, I beat Hero and Xist in a duel. Xist would have owned me if he didn't screw up though lol.
IP Logged
Pile

Email

« Reply #18 on: 05/19/03 at 20:35:15 »
Quote Quote

That’s no the point Bean, druids can be made weaker without totally destroying them. Other classes will not be more powerful if they are only altered in relation to these. If miraculous balance is your goal, then the means is surely not important, whether it be making all the other classes more powerful, or the simpler alternative of lowering druid’s armour.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 05/20/03 at 06:08:05 »
Quote Quote

Although you must admit, Its easier to make them stronger, as you dont have to make the monsters weaker so the classes are still playable.

MEh, OR im just going through a thought process in my head that wont come out on paper right and im typing useless nonsense... I think its that  Grin
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.