Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Levelling a druid »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 13:35:05

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Levelling a druid
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Levelling a druid  (Read 5543 times)
alicia

View Profile

Levelling a druid
« on: 02/16/03 at 17:52:27 »
Quote Quote

Has anyone got any decent tips on levelling a druid? I rolled myself a pretty decent druid and lev'd him to 13 using the bears near arilin, but have now hit a brick wall. The bears barely touch the exp bar, ive tried healing in the necro area but hitting the undead seems to gain more exp (but still next to nothing). And considering the measly amount of damage they do (morph is useless, i can get off 3 rounds in worm with a full mana bar)i doubt he would be able to get past the armour of high xp monsters (sand spider, defector)

Druids may be protectors, but this is a game, and ALL classes need XP. Fighters fight and get xp for it, mages cast spells and get xp for it, theives steal and get xp for it, healers heal and get xp for it.  

Help, anyoneHuh
IP Logged
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

Re: Levelling a druid
« Reply #1 on: 02/16/03 at 21:48:44 »
Quote Quote

SDG isn't too bad; neither is Barrier forest. Also, north of Blackthorn with a small party would be okay.  

Advice - Don't try using morphs at an early level. Use your attack as opposed to spells at this point. With my druid, attacking normally leveled him quicker than its spells and morphs. Only use heal to heal yourself and avoid morphs for the time being. Once you have more mana, you can use them more effectively.
IP Logged
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/16/03 at 22:01:51 »
Quote Quote

They sure are a tough class to train and it gets especially hard after level 21. Before heal was lowered I would have said the best experience you could get was through healing undead, it’s not really much use any more though. Deval has suggested jolting Demonic soldiers which seems very quick in druid terms, check his game times on Lexus and Acura (I think lol). Personally I just get killed most the time in the barracks so I’ve stuck to the swamps, wolf morph and a cleric with enhance sure speeds things up. All in all I don’t think there’s any super fast way to train and it sure is a long haul to level 25. Well not sure it will help much but hey, it’s the thought that counts…
IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/16/03 at 22:13:06 »
Quote Quote

The way I've been training my druids is by throwing them in one of my training parties and have'em attack anything in site as well with any other class thats in the party, if he needs to heal I either use the druids own healing or I'll use a cleric/pally. Just take'em out there and see what you can kill with it and this is the same way I train my pally.

I haven't tried this yet, but maybe take it with you to the museum and kill the bosses and etc. -shrugs-
IP Logged

Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/16/03 at 22:43:15 »
Quote Quote

Morphs: Never use them until you hit good levels. They cost less every time you level (or almost every time).

I used to train in Demonic Area, but I had to use camo a lot.
Barrier Forest is also okay. You can get mana crystals there, so you can use morphs once in a while.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 02/16/03 at 23:37:43 »
Quote Quote

I find jolting in barracks most fruitful, as stated above, sure you cop a few pk's, but generally most druids are too low a level for it to be anything to worry about. I healed till I had jolt, then I used whichever did more damage. It might also be a wise choice to try jolting in jahanna or the Giant crocodile, but I'm not sure, Lexus and Acura and Thornwar(Thornwar not only mine) I rarely ever use other than the barracks, and occasionally to accompany a larger party to the museum.

Once your druid hits 25 and gets his much needed 4th stamina and equipment, you should have a decent amount of exp to hold the cheetah morph for an extended period of time, and when enhanced it is surely the best way to level beyond level 25 due to the extreme dex of the cheeta and the benefits of enhance from you local friendly cleric.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Odin
Australia 

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/17/03 at 05:55:38 »
Quote Quote

The best advice i can think of, wait for a public holiday and get the double exp.

Anyone who can level a druid past level 25, by themselves (not buying) deserves a big pat on the back.

Note: Acura was mainly leveled by lassit (old player) and he healed. (when it did 30 damage)
IP Logged

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.