Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Heal Me! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 14:08:52

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Heal Me!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Heal Me!  (Read 2701 times)
Bullitt

Email

Heal Me!
« on: 02/16/03 at 12:27:35 »
Quote Quote

Ok first off what’s with this new discussion sections? I know staff are busy all the time and everything but there just seems to be hardly any feedback and it’s really beginning to look a waste of time. I think class balance if of significant importance, what’s the point of having lots of nice areas if the class you are playing can’t live long enough to benefit from them? So far no staff member has answered the burning question of whether there are still intentions of altering classes for balance. It appeared to me that the new class specific sections were there for this reason, but I’m starting to think otherwise.  

Right then on to the class-specific whining… You know as far as I can gather Zero never used to be bitter and twisted and I’m starting to feel I’m going the same way. When I got a druid to level 25 I was very impressed, but things aren’t looking so rosy at the minute. The heal reductions have had a massive effect on druids and I think a lot of people don’t appreciate this. A level 28 druid with 18 wisdom and 15 charisma heals on average for about 18, I just can’t see the point. Now in my opinion I should be able to play this character and go out to the desert and wander around at my leisure, but I can’t. Healing for 18 means I pretty much can’t out heal any damage, especially not in the desert where I get hit nearly every time.  

Now it’s been said that druids are not primary healers but come on, a heal of 20 max at level 28!? Really, why give them a heal spell at all? It also seems that the amount healed for no longer increases with level (or very sporadically), I don’t know about AD&D but should they not become more proficient at this with experience? I really think something has to be done with heal, even if it means scrapping the heal spell and effectively giving it a druid-specific name.  

The only way I can play a druid in slightly more challenging areas is to take a cleric or just sit in camouflage all the time, what happened to character development and promoting less alts?
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Heal Me!
« Reply #1 on: 02/16/03 at 23:52:42 »
Quote Quote

This is one of the reasons a mana leech weapon was suggested, so that a druid could hold his morph for a longer perioud of time, thus allowing him to carry more much needed potions. Its the only way it is going to work, unless a high mana cost morph is introduced that is a vampiric form, that when attacks does vampiric damage, therefore making the need carry pots a little less important.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/17/03 at 04:45:18 »
Quote Quote

I think it would be a cool idea to make one of the morphs be a Vampire Bat.  But instead of it hitting hard, it should be able to make the druid somewhat vampiric, on both health and mana, making it easier to sustain that form.  Or maybe a "quencher" spell that makes the druid turn vampiric for however long.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/17/03 at 13:08:54 »
Quote Quote

I suggested Hunger, but seems noone liked it.
Druids should HEAL more than paladins, IF paladins get back Aid. Druids shouldn't get Aid. NEVER. That would be totally unfair. If you change druid's heal back to 5 mana cost and normal healing, like it used to be, it will be fair. Because if you want druids to be able to do something, give them better heal. Otherwise, change the name, because they won't be druids at all.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.