Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - R P ' i n g »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 15:17:48

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   R P ' i n g
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: R P ' i n g  (Read 1708 times)
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

R P ' i n g
« on: 02/03/04 at 01:05:55 »
Quote Quote

I just got Nightmist working (That's a good few months that I was gone for) and I was forum surfing and...I noticed how dead the RP Forum is. o_o;;

I would have thought there'd be at least one really live thread there but...nothing. I see one thread with about 4 pages. That's...terrible. XD

Now, I don't know if it's because you people out there don't know how to RP or if you're shy or if there just hasn't been any threads to interest you. Perhaps you could all post some of your opinions?

I say, together, we revive that horribly lifeless forum. I say we start a revolution! I say we breath life into (what seems to be) a dying art-form on Nightmist!
Come, brothers! Raise your arms in triumpth! Together, we shall achieve victory!
(*goes back to watching Brave Heart*)
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Criminal

i'm betterer!

View Profile

Re: R P ' i n g
« Reply #1 on: 02/03/04 at 01:53:22 »
Quote Quote

few nightmist players (who have actually achieved something great in the game) RP anymore, so why bother? it's just a hassle and i don't find it too entertaining
IP Logged

»×«Ê×êñçê Ðêñîêл׫
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/03/04 at 01:59:33 »
Quote Quote

Hey now. Just because I enjoy RP'ing doesn't mean I haven't achieved anything in Nightmist. I was the second person ever to get an Elven ArchMaster Mage. I think that counts for something.

Furthermore, the reason you don't find it entertaining is because you've probably RP'ed with amateurs or poor RP'ers. RP with some people who know what they're doing and I'm sure you'll change your mind.
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/03/04 at 02:59:00 »
Quote Quote

RPing? Never heard of it!

IP Logged
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/03/04 at 04:08:11 »
Quote Quote

I am shocked and appalled to say the least. RP'ing (or role playing) was the original RPG! All your MMORPG's (like Diablo, Everquest, Never Winter Nights, etc.) and all your favourite MuDs (Nightmist, Aardwolf, etc.) were devrived from RP'ing!

RP'ing is the original! It is the Alpha and the Omega!

I dont' even know where to begin explaining RP'ing...
Think of your normal RPG. Now, take away all the rules, the limitaions and the barriers. You now have a brief glance at what RP'ings like. When you RP, you're only limited by your imagination. For some, that means creating a world just through your words...for others, entire universes.

If you enjoy writing (or if you just love to use your imagination), you'll absolutely love RP'ing.

Artists use paint to create things that words cannot describe. Therefore, writers use words to create things that words cannot describe. (I forgot who said this, it was a great author though).
IP Logged

Affinity's End
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 02/03/04 at 04:13:31 »
Quote Quote

Sorry to break it to you, Mip, but people these days don't like to think. They don't like to create, or imagine. Every once in a while, though, you'll find a person who does.
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/03/04 at 04:20:47 »
Quote Quote

I refuse to believe that! Come now, are there no literate people out there? Is there nobody out there in the Realm of Nightmist that can string together 4 or more words?
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/03/04 at 04:22:12 »
Quote Quote

Such as me... Tongue

I roleplay once in a while with my 'rping' crits. But I havent lately since I've been trying to hard to roll crits.. But in a way it is fun to create and act out your character. Some people find it stupid, but it's cool when you get into it.

edit: was replying to newbs post
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/03/04 at 04:28:13 »
Quote Quote

I role played with a friend the other day and I had more fun then I have had in a long time on NM (mortal crit wise anyways).
IP Logged
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/03/04 at 04:30:33 »
Quote Quote

Well, it's nice to know at least some people out there enjoy the nice RP once and a while...

Although, I still find it disturbing that such a small fraction of Nightmist's population actually RP.

Perhaps I should start a well, thought out, closed RP...Perhaps...
IP Logged

Affinity's End
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: 02/03/04 at 04:31:59 »
Quote Quote

I roleplayed constantly for several years. I really don't know why I stopped. It was fun, but I guess I lost touch with reality. Not that reality is any good, really, I would rather lead a so-so life than pretend I have a good one.
IP Logged

Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/03/04 at 04:34:30 »
Quote Quote

But in a way, when we all play, we pretend to have a good life. Well some people at least.. I mean, think about it. Prolly alot of people enjoy playing this game then life. (not saying they should) But it's the truth.. I know alot of poeple that treat the computer and online as if it was thier life! B/c ppl online actually listen to others in a way...

But anyways.. This is what I think, and i really dont think this computer thing is or will be my life.
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/03/04 at 04:41:49 »
Quote Quote

Yeah, I know people will "chat" on Nightmist but..that's hardly Role Playing. I would say that's casual Role Playing at it's worst if anything.

When you roleplay, it's common sense to know to use proper spelling and grammar because what is role playing if not writing? When people write stuff like  

OMG! YO! WEVES GOTSA KILLZ TEH WIZZIRD!!!!1111

...that I start to get really angry.
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/03/04 at 04:43:01 »
Quote Quote

on 02/03/04 at 04:20:47, Mip wrote:
I refuse to believe that! Come now, are there no literate people out there? Is there nobody out there in the Realm of Nightmist that can string together 4 or more words?

What a disgusting generalisation. Who's to say that people who don't enjoy RP'ing are illiterate? You appear to indicate that people who don't RP are idiots, yet you post something that is more retarded than I would expect from Rich and his kin. Review your moronic statement.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/03/04 at 04:48:44 »
Quote Quote

Okay, I'll admit that was a bit harsh but that's how I write. I find that exaggeration is the best way to get your point across. I was hoping that what I wrote was so utterly outrageous that no-one would take the words for their worth but, rather, absorb the meaning.

I guess I was wrong... I'm sorry.
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Amy
USA 

With each choice comes consequences

Amyofdraco
View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/03/04 at 08:17:03 »
Quote Quote

She hears from the shadows a strangers words.. "no conversation" he says, perhaps not in so many words.. but still the meaning is the same.. Maybe he is not searching for it, maybe he is merely not listening.. but still the fact remains, the stranger seems lonely. She herself knows that there are many who would befriend him. Not knowing the type of person that he is she watches for a few moments. She doesn't know his name, but she studies his face before stepping from the blanket of night embracing her... her face is revealed amid the lights of the town of Nightmist..

There is a gentleness about her and yet, within her pale blue orbs a determination of something that can not be understood if one didn't know her.. Honey colored hair tumbles down her back as she tilts her head slightly and leans against the wall.. her fingers curled comfortably on her Lance.. As she watches him a slight smile drifts across pale lips and she bows her head in a form of friendly greeting. "Greetings, I am Amy of Draco Honoris, who may you be?" She waits for an answer.. Will he give it, maybe, maybe not.  

There are some in the land that disagree with her own philosphies, some that despise the very things that she fights to protect, but that is the way it always is in a land with as many inhabitants as this one has.  Which side of the fence will this stranger fight for she wonders..  

(ooc Mip, come visit draco honoris, we will rp with you).
IP Logged

Each path we have chosen led us to where we are. Each path we choose in the future will determine our destiny.
Lich
Germany 

Death is but the beginning.

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 02/03/04 at 18:37:56 »
Quote Quote

Nodding to Amy.. Mip Broken RPs as well when we are on but alot of us are caught in RL right now.. look for myself or Jasmine or a few others and we will gladly RP with you. We are curently turning some of the rps we have already done into a full fledge book i hope to have finished soon...
IP Logged

Grave digger when you dig my grave, will you make it shallow so I can feel the rain.
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 02/03/04 at 19:12:18 »
Quote Quote

Heh Wow, I didn't know Broken was a rping clan.. Cheesy

Creed just learned something new today!!*
IP Logged

Amy
USA 

With each choice comes consequences

Amyofdraco
View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 02/03/04 at 19:42:58 »
Quote Quote

*She nods back to the one who acknowledged her, he had spoken of the clan Broken.. one she had heard of often.. but few she had met face to face.  She hears the name Jasmine, but does not hear the man himself speak his name.. She steps back slightly.. yes, their clans were different, but weren't they all. Some fought for righteousness, some faught for merely the thought of spilled blood.. others still for the mere handful of gold that they didn't wish to earn themselves.  It wasn't her place to judge any of them.. She knew that there was some good in even the darkest of places. Still though, she had to be firm in her beliefs. She doesn't snub the gentleman, that isn't her way whether friend or foe.. but the easy smile seems to fade a bit with her returned nod. "Hello, I am Amy of Draco Honoris" she says, she doesn't ask his name this time, if the man who spoke of broken wishes to give it she will listen but there was too much bad blood in the past.  Names didn't matter when the fights one battled where against each other, or did they?  

Perhaps by knowing the name of an enemy it made it even more personable.. knowing the face of one was at times enough. Times had changed though, and they continued to do so every day.  Even those that had sworn to take her own life now and then performed small acts of kindness that took even the priestess herself by suprised.. a retrieved mana crystal.. a quiet evening spent with words that didn't seem quite so full of hatred as she would expect.. yes, there were suprises everywhere as of late.

She turns slightly and nods a farewell to those standing nearby her.. she has training to do, comrades to evaluate and dispatch to various areas around the world of nightmist.. foes to look out for and friends to watch over.. As she steps upon the path at the edge of town she taps her lance upon the ground of the meadow.. cool morning dew clings to its surface and she smiles humming a soft tune as she heads for home.*
IP Logged

Each path we have chosen led us to where we are. Each path we choose in the future will determine our destiny.
Isengard
USA 

~~Hell's Cognitive Therapy~~

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/03/04 at 21:41:06 »
Quote Quote

y'all can always go to hell if you want
there's plenty of time to spend on RP'ing  Wink
IP Logged

*Click* *Click*:" I*'LL* SEE* YOU * ON * THE * DARK * SIDE * OF * THE * MOON * "
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.