Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - CRAZY PETES.. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/28/24 at 15:20:24

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   CRAZY PETES..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CRAZY PETES..  (Read 1782 times)
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

Re: CRAZY PETES..
« Reply #20 on: 01/28/04 at 05:55:13 »
Quote Quote

wurd
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Consumed
USA 

*:·®ÿåñ·:*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: 01/28/04 at 06:06:29 »
Quote Quote

i think petes is gets a bit abused at times... but maybe make it so that u lose half exp per death instead of full ... Undecided
IP Logged

Cøñ§ümêd
Eiements
USA 

Endure the Elements

elementskter15
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 01/28/04 at 06:19:40 »
Quote Quote

well i like the place but i dont like the part about them dieing and ur outta stam and they come back and kill u how about like when u die u have to like wait a few mins to like heal up or something, like "you cant move you still need to rest some from your battle" or something like "your wounds have not healed u must rest here for a little while longer" i think this would fix petes and also running back for other fights such as south of nightmist or even under arilin or rh.
IP Logged

i like stuff
Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ßëç¢ð

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: 01/28/04 at 07:19:01 »
Quote Quote

lol, well this ois gonna get flamed but i dont care Smiley i think that crazy petes should be nopk area because you are supposed to kill HIM and get the drop(if there is one, maybe we would find out if people actually KILLED him instead of flexing their muscles, but i guess thats nm for ya Smiley), not go up there and slaughter eachother Smiley but thats just my two cents Smiley

IP Logged

Dunkler_Engel/Healer/Cylena/Kalee/Tolv/Meadow/Charisma/Dark_Elfen_One/Emerge/ + A lot more
Limit
USA 

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: 01/28/04 at 07:19:16 »
Quote Quote

simple solution... have deaths in crazy petes added to profile... if its gonna give people kills it should give them deaths.. that would probably fix things up a bit  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Kazuya
Australia 

Käžúÿä

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 01/28/04 at 09:11:57 »
Quote Quote

on 01/28/04 at 02:26:21, Tadpole wrote:
I think the whole point was its reducing the pking in game. With crazy petes ppl just go there and die over and over because they dont lose exp. Now nobody goes out of town. It takes the fun out of it all.

If people dont train, they dont go up lvls. Look at the amount of high lvls.. I'm sure people train. Now you just gotta go find them  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: 01/28/04 at 09:27:15 »
Quote Quote

on 01/28/04 at 07:19:16, Limit wrote:
simple solution... have deaths in crazy petes added to profile... if its gonna give people kills it should give them deaths.. that would probably fix things up a bit  Roll Eyes

I think you should have deaths counted in there and then you have to weigh the risk of getting a death when you are going in there trying to gain pks.
IP Logged
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 01/28/04 at 09:32:03 »
Quote Quote

on 01/28/04 at 09:11:57, Kazuya wrote:

If people dont train, they dont go up lvls. Look at the amount of high lvls.. I'm sure people train. Now you just gotta go find them  Roll Eyes

You mean find ppl then they run like you?  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Limit
USA 

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: 01/28/04 at 09:34:23 »
Quote Quote

on 01/28/04 at 09:27:15, Oracle wrote:

I think you should have deaths counted in there and then you have to weigh the risk of getting a death when you are going in there trying to gain pks.

it only makes sense  Grin

/t kazuya and a majority of the arches have been arches since before all pking started slowing down. You cant say anything... its a proven fact pking has slowed down because of the way things are... i think wed know considering we pk often enough.
IP Logged

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (‚Ü‚Ë‚«‚Ë‚±j

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: 01/28/04 at 10:34:55 »
Quote Quote

on 01/28/04 at 02:26:21, Tadpole wrote:
I think the whole point was its reducing the pking in game. With crazy petes ppl just go there and die over and over because they dont lose exp. Now nobody goes out of town. It takes the fun out of it all.

People MUST go out, how else would they train?
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Xcelon
United_Kingdom 

You think I'm wierd? Go take a look in the mirror!

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 02/02/04 at 13:41:38 »
Quote Quote

on 01/28/04 at 00:27:04, CPG wrote:
What about just removing the level pk restriction in there?

YEY! SOMEONE WITH COMMON SENSE!  Grin
IP Logged

~Xcelon~Ajimoo~Slovak~Remake~Atlanta~ In Game.
Stigmata
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 02/02/04 at 14:10:31 »
Quote Quote

Personally I think the square is a temporary solution to the renowned 'level 30 boredom' as it is a generally fun place to go (as you know there's going to be someone to pk).

I think where it was added is probably the biggest problem.

Why boar's? Why not resthaven tavern?

The problem this thread refers to is the amount of newbies going into the arena, sitting there and picking up any pots and items that may drop right without the fear of being killed, right?

Well why not move the thing where newbies can't get to?

Putting it above the boar's always seemed strange to me, with the already existing nightmist fighting arena and with all the newbies logging on there (most of the time to see 50 different death messages at once). If I logged on for the first time, and saw that........I probably wouldn't play, because it would give me the idea that the game is based around pking, and little else. The reason i'd get that impression for those wondering - It'd give me the idea (although obviously not true to an extent) that there really isn't anything to do when you hit level 30 apart from mindlessly killing each other. I mean you can get some people who local boar's, die, go back up and die again......repeating this process often 20+ times a minute........I mean I know what i'd think logging on for the first time.

Basically the point i'm making, albeit a long one, is that the arena isn't nescessarly a bad thing (those who don't like it, don't use it) but it is definately positioned in the wrong place.

Put it in Harabec or somewhere where newbies cannot get to, and so cannot pick up your pots, and hopefully won't get the wrong impression of the game.
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 02/02/04 at 15:44:07 »
Quote Quote

what's the problem with noobs picking up your crap? if you're that hard up maybe you're in the wrong place. then why would anyone even go in there with pots? seems like a waste of time, because most likely, you'll just die. besides, noobs cn sell your stuff and it'll make a difference to them. a full set of pots could be a full set of equipment for a noob. i really think pete's is fine. it's like the central theme of nightmist: random, and inconsequential slaughter by the bucketfull.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #33 on: 02/02/04 at 16:57:40 »
Quote Quote

Your post made me chuckle Ste. It's just funny because the game, for the most part, IS based around pk'ing.

I agree with dognapot. Even I will admit to pot stealing. Really, that was such an easy 5k. Your intelligence level is lacking if you tae pots up there.
IP Logged

Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #34 on: 02/02/04 at 17:33:13 »
Quote Quote

I think one reason for it being placed above boars tusk was so that more people were attracted to the area noobs are in so hopefully you would be able to help them out more. Boars Tusk was kinda deserted before this was added.

I don't see a problem with the location but I do think in all sparing arenas including pete's there should be no level pking restriction simply because you go in there to fight what ever level you are so you should be able to attack people of any level.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.