Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Rankings »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 08:05:53

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Rankings
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rankings  (Read 1906 times)
Paradox

raven2k15   ravechyld587
View Profile Email

Rankings
« on: 09/10/03 at 00:54:40 »
Quote Quote

Well im probably the only one in the entire game that thinks this (and i know kalypso wont agree) i think rankings should be based off of your Stats,Equip,Exp and stuff like that..Not by how much money you have.If you look at the over all Experience page on the website you will se maximus sittin at number one with over 1billion exp yet he ranked 40th over all yet down at 77th is kalypso with 341mill exp yet she is ranked #1 over all because she has money..pretty much in NM equip and stats are what makes a good character overall not money..well im done start Flaming Smiley
« Last Edit: 09/10/03 at 02:33:42 by Paradox » IP Logged

That_wierd,Paradox,Varaconn in game
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

Re: Rankings
« Reply #1 on: 09/10/03 at 02:18:38 »
Quote Quote

Yeah I kinda agree...

It should be added up over stats, money, exp. Maybe even Hp, and mp....

But yeah, its way to dependant on money right now...
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Paradox

raven2k15   ravechyld587
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 09/10/03 at 02:32:08 »
Quote Quote

see im not sayin money shouldent influence it at all but the only way people *cough*like Kalypso*cough* stay on top is they keep putting gold onto 1 crit and keep that crit on top and the people that have better crits are stuck down in the 40' and 50's cuz they dont stock pile gold onto 1 crit

IP Logged

Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 09/10/03 at 02:45:19 »
Quote Quote

Sounds to me like you've just got a problem with Kalypso.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 09/10/03 at 03:16:58 »
Quote Quote

Yeh ravechylde.... If you want this idea even seriously considered dont dig at anyone who is ranked high in the current system.
IP Logged

Turmoil
USA 

ßü§t ¥ä Güñ§

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 09/10/03 at 03:19:59 »
Quote Quote

And not to mention that she's also staff Tongue
IP Logged

Ï'm Ä Ñätüä£ ßø®ñ Kä...Ï Ü§ë M¥ GøÐ Gïvëñ Tä£ëñt Ëv뮥 Ðä¥...Çømë Øüt ÄñРޣ䥿?¿? Çøñtäçt Türmøï£/RüƒƒRÿÐër ïñ gäme
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 09/10/03 at 03:27:34 »
Quote Quote

Oh shut up...  

If that was a factor of her wealth she would have been fired long ago... I really think that needs to be dropped, stepped on, burned to ashes, then sand blasted away. Its a useless arguement, get over it.

P.S:If you were joking, Ignore the above, im not changing it, because someone who has that view will read it eventually.  Smiley
IP Logged

Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 09/10/03 at 04:21:58 »
Quote Quote

Stats should not count.  If someone wants to make the best of a crappy stated character then they have every right to succeed equally.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Kalel
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: 09/10/03 at 04:47:56 »
Quote Quote

I'm conflicted with this becuse I agree that gold should not deturmin your score but then I agree that if some one wishes to take a crapy chrt and try and turn it into one of the best that seems right too so perhaps some one could think of a in between Idea ? dunno but gold should not make u number 1 in game and besides if some one realy wanted to they gold get enough gold to take the number 1 spot... but I realy don't have nothing aginst Kalypso lol so don't even start with that

*licks Kalypso*
IP Logged

http://www.venom-gaming.com
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 09/10/03 at 05:01:49 »
Quote Quote

Yes stotic, but they can still get mass exp, and gold and be better than some person with a 4-5-6 stat character...

Stats would be a small determination of rankings anyhow wouldnt it?  

Mainly, I think Exp should factor into what rankings are. Because really after lvl 30 the only activities you can do are;

1.Get more, and more exp
2.Lose more and more exp, pking and being pked.
IP Logged

Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 09/10/03 at 05:57:15 »
Quote Quote

not only 1 of my crits is ranked #1 my other alt is ranked #4 overall

money = power

ya'll really need to find someone new to complain about if you're not complaining about me you're complaining about my clan...

IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 09/10/03 at 06:08:46 »
Quote Quote

Haters.
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 09/10/03 at 06:42:11 »
Quote Quote

* Deval tosses Tadpole some bling bling

Let's pop sum caps.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 09/10/03 at 06:50:11 »
Quote Quote

If more people weren't hellbent on buying "crap" the second they get gold, then Jen might actually have a little competition. Untill such a time arises stop whining about her, it's just pittifull now.
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Paradox

raven2k15   ravechyld587
View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 09/10/03 at 11:49:59 »
Quote Quote

well this has gone the opposite direction that i wanted it....im not saying that i hate jen and im not saying i like her,but she is the best example of my point
IP Logged

Tienno
Great_Britain 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 09/10/03 at 13:39:07 »
Quote Quote

I like how these things change from a post to a chinese whisper, someone do what i did, read the first post of a topic and read only the last, makes some funny reading.

Anyway, Jen TR etc how much money do you have? im obv doing something wrong cos i have 100k in the bank and never seen to get anywhere, good on you guys for being rich. The money = Power thing couldnt be more true, stats are what keep you alive in this game, not make you the best! Anyone with a problem with the way those guys run the game should find a new hobby or just do what i do, and forget about rankings as you aint never gonna be the best, with that in mind i dont even care where im ranked.

No flaming please consider those reading just the first and last posts and try not to add to the confusion.

Tienno
IP Logged

If two cents is all i have, that's all i'll give. If i have more to give, bet your own last dollar ill give it.
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 09/10/03 at 14:02:44 »
Quote Quote

I just thought it was odd... not too long ago I seen an adept thief ranked high.. higher than my crit.. when she's Master.

I have no problems with rankings other than that. I never buy anything.. and yet, I still don't have as much as the higher ranked people.. Tongue
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: 09/10/03 at 14:06:27 »
Quote Quote

You know, Tienno is right....lol

It does look very confusing if you don't read the middle.

I know I'll never rank top in the game, because the second i have gold, I spend it again. I really try to save up, but then a nice crit comes along that I buy, or some equipment I want, or we're close to a new clan room and only short the gold that I have at the moment, so I put it in the clan...

We do have the rank by exp, rank by pks and whatnot pages on the website too, and if we don't like the money system, we can always look at those instead.

And I do agree that more gold gives you more power. If you got gold you can equip yourself with rare and expensive items. Those items will modify your stats, making your crit better, causing your crit to make more gold.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 09/10/03 at 16:03:36 »
Quote Quote

Why not just make a new one, like PKs n stuff.. For gold.. Then another which takes the average of all the other ranking tables..?

But then i don't care all that much.. So whatever.
IP Logged

Tienno
Great_Britain 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 09/10/03 at 16:11:14 »
Quote Quote

My god, i got something right? wow albeit the fact that these posts look weird if you dont read all of it. Ah well, why dont we just scrap rankings and have rankings due to tournemants and arranged battles just like the good old days......by that i mean medievil times.........

Tienno

xx
IP Logged

If two cents is all i have, that's all i'll give. If i have more to give, bet your own last dollar ill give it.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.