Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - why didn't anyone tell me?! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/18/24 at 01:55:00

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   why didn't anyone tell me?!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: why didn't anyone tell me?!  (Read 1696 times)
Tender_Foot

Email

Re: why didn't anyone tell me?!
« Reply #20 on: 03/21/03 at 23:04:16 »
Quote Quote

well then, maybe we're talking about 2 different situitations? or it happened twice
IP Logged
Bahashabeem
USA 

Eat rockets!!

n/a   Froggie131
View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 03/21/03 at 23:20:12 »
Quote Quote

well i have read all topics on this clan itself and i just wanna say lol i put the first 15 rooms in Smiley hehehehehehehe just to let ya know since i was first founder that i shoulda been chairman but i was unaware of position either other way i believe matt,pete, or jesse should have stepped up and took clan position seeing as they put most of the work into it oracle benifited on others hard work i don't care about gold either if thats what ya think we will rebuild the clan back w/o it just i want orcale to have some sort of sentence to his deceit Smiley i hope i spelled tha right anyway i have read all post about this topic and it concerns me no one really is supporting orcacle so lets take a petition on it if oracle is punished or he i safe i will make a new post Smiley
IP Logged

I'm a happy go lucky guy.......Till ya piss me off!Crits ~~ Bahashabeem ~~ Krazyjoker ~~ Kobiyashi ~~Ragnorak
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: 03/22/03 at 02:14:40 »
Quote Quote

on 03/21/03 at 19:22:49, dognapot wrote:
the only people who don't see this as cheating are the people who played a part in it and JLH who consistantly turns a blind eye to oracle's irresponsibility. kudos for setting a double standard.

give examples...
Only thing i can think of, is scream getting on oracle's pc and finding out who halor was, when his alts were not known. Halor then decided to make it public anyway, and forgave oracle for allowing this to occur, and pandilex sorted scream out Smiley
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Samus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 03/22/03 at 02:17:04 »
Quote Quote

How about Purplehaze?  He supposedly got all the stuff from Matt's vault because Oracle lied.  Correct me if I'm wrong but that is what many, many people have told me.  Things like the rotw and a few jag pots...
IP Logged

"Master of Disaster"
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: 03/22/03 at 02:46:23 »
Quote Quote

After pippin had been demoted and before I sold the clan, I made good friends with Purplehaze and I decided to trust him as a founder to help me try and bring the clan back. (I had no plans of selling the clan at this time). He then within a week went in pippin's vault and took out about the amount of items he could fit on one crit if i remember right. JLH traced exactly what he did and found every single item that went missing on Purplehaze and alts. It was all moved back to the vault and Purplehze quit the clan.  

I myself am baffled about the RotW, I'v heard that there was suposed to be one in pip's vault. I honetly do not know where it went, JLH could possibly have missed it if purplehaze had taken it but i doubt this. My guess is one of the previous founders you've heard about in recent posts took it with them but I have no evidence to back this up. As far as i really know it never existed as I never saw it. If anyone has any clues on this, I'm interested to know.  

So JLH did yes recover that stuff for me with again, my mistrust at fault, I'm just to trusting and so nice the game can't handle it
IP Logged
Samus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 03/22/03 at 03:06:39 »
Quote Quote

This ring of the wise was picked up by me in one of Pandilex's dropping sprees.  I think used it on wylow for a while and eventually, when I "quit" put it in Matt's vault.  If I recall, no one knew the password to that vault but Matt and me.  So, then, if no one does anything about that, it's the second ring of the wise stolen.  Maybe we're too nice of people and taken advantage of by people we trust.  This includes Oracle.  If no one knows the password, and Oracle makes founders, wonder what happens to the ring.  Heh, sounds like Purplehaze could have taken it without anyone knowing and before you (Oracle) let him take whatever he could out of the vault.  All this because you wouldn't keep your word...we didn't say this promise was null or viod if some of us left or if we took a break.  The word of a staff member broken, why can't you people recognize that if anything?
IP Logged

"Master of Disaster"
Samus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 03/22/03 at 03:09:22 »
Quote Quote

We all seem to be posting often enough, why can't we all just log on NM and talk it out in a chat area?  Seems odd to keep this up all night like we are so far.
IP Logged

"Master of Disaster"
Artemis

Samus, Jocasta ingame.

Derrogative   Derrogative
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: 03/22/03 at 03:24:35 »
Quote Quote

I agree.. an ingame meeting to sort things out would do good, but for some reason i think because we all know who is guilty ... that its not going to happen.

Quote:
My guess is one of the previous founders you've heard about in recent posts took it with them but I have no evidence to back this up.

Darn right you don't, and its because none of us did. The only two previous founders of the clan who weren't original were proteus and myself. Proteus left before i did, and the ring was still there after he left. So that just leaves me. If you go back and read the other thread which you conveniently locked after i posted, you will find out exactly what happened to the items. And no, I can't exactly "prove" my accusations, but it doesn't take a boy genious to put 2 and 2 together.
IP Logged

Something has to change. Undeniable dilemma. Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear. Constant over stimulation numbs me and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

View Profile Email

« Reply #28 on: 03/22/03 at 03:29:58 »
Quote Quote

Reply to Pippin's post on the other thread (suprisingly on the same ip as samus).
JLH explained what happened with the gold, It was an ip so silmilar to Jess's we decided it had to be her (she has a changing ip) so it wasent actually you Matt, it was someone that had access to your crits that did it, so your crit was demoted for the clans safty.
I had no idea you were on vacation and I am sure I was told you had quit the game.

I hadent realised I had ignored you when you contacted me but, when we had one conversation I can remember, yes i said i wasent prepared to compensate you. I did not try to contact you as I was told you had quit and didn't think you'd care about anything going on in nightmist.

Reply to Reese Stormrage(jess) on other thread:
We decided it was an ip that was your pc, I had I think 1mill gold taken out the clan bank by one of pip's crits under your ip and put onto caprikorn. We took this back at the time and it has been sorted.
I havent meant to lead anyone to belive you took anything from Pip's vault and I am saying now, you didn't.
Richard and I bought the RoD from someone in nightmist with gold from selling the clan, It wasent from matts vault. (I'd tell you who from but I can't remember I'm afraid, it was a fair while back).
I've already stated I did not intend selling the clan house at the time I made Purplehaze founder and I belived he would help me keep the clan going and I've admited I mistrusted him.
Like i've already said, I never knew anything about the RotW but it's possible Purplehaze got away with it undetected.

Reply to Samus above:
Again, JLH and I belive we got the things that were taken back but it seems he may have taken the RoTW without us realising but he denys this.

JLH and I will come and talk to you in game now.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #29 on: 03/22/03 at 04:03:30 »
Quote Quote

wasnt beany's sold when it was still top 10 clan?
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 03/22/03 at 04:09:27 »
Quote Quote

at least those items were stolen by an actual character..

* alicia remembers having an item vanish from an active character...
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 03/22/03 at 06:09:00 »
Quote Quote

here's what i was refering to.

on 12/14/02 at 07:45:21, Zero wrote:
Im guessing oracle is jlh's nephew or something.  I remember a while back, he got a lot of Jaguar pots and stuff on a character (Gravijah i believe), and went into mosh... i killed him, got the pots... then he went on oracle and warped to me and threatened about blahhhhhhh.

Of course the pots were confiscated, but still.... it just shows you shouldnt have him as a sysop, cheating stuff has happened with that crit before...

and of course the first person to "clear the air" is rich. even if oracle was "hacked" (which i sort of doubt) he presents a liability issue that the game should be much more concerned about. also in carnage's reply to zero's post, it should be noted that he may have either shown his lack of knowledge of what happened or succombed to a freudian slip by saying "he sold a crit called Valados which still had his email in, it was same pass for oracle and he hacked oracle" if he sold a crit and didn't change his own email the person buying the crit could only send the crit's password to oracles email. the only way what carnage presents could be true is if oracle didn't change the password of the crit he sold and that's stupid, even for nightmist standards. so for someone who was apparently there to see it all he either wasn't able to understand a lick of it or oracle's better sense was totally out to lunch.

i really don't mean to be quite so harsh but oracle's career as staff is fairly blemished compared to the rest of the crew and we don't really know what he does aside from help run triplex most weeks. in any case we all know too much of what i think on the matter at this point; an oracle under any other name... would be hanging around with xlibre now.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Necros

Email

« Reply #32 on: 03/22/03 at 06:14:32 »
Quote Quote

Let me make this clear.

Oracle sold Valados with his email in the slot
This was before accounts we're introduced
Valados did password recovery for it.
Got the password.  
Logged on Oracle.
Cheated.
Oracle was at school at the time.
This was cleared up ages ago.
This did -not- need to be brought back up.
I can't remember how the email system worked but oracle did not cheat.

The only mistake oracle made wasnt his fault is was mine.  
Oracle has done nothing wrong, drop it.
IP Logged
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 03/22/03 at 06:18:07 »
Quote Quote

if Oracle's email was in Valados spot and they did recovery, wouldnt the password go to Oracle's email and not Gravs?

This trick (If you can even call it that) was used to rip people off before.

Person sold a crit and left email in the email slot.
New crit owner forgets to change email
Person who sold the crit requests for password, bam! there goes the new crit owners current password.
Person steals new crit owners crit back, and all his alts.

It doesn't work the other way around.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 03/22/03 at 06:54:13 »
Quote Quote

zephie, thank-you.

necros, pay attention, i just told you how you were wrong and you said the same impossible scenario a second time. the only way oracle can sell a crit and give away his password is if he didn't change it when he sold it. once again, stupid. even for nightmist standards. if you were there overseeing the whole thing we can take your repeated testimony as evidence that oracle allowed his staff crit to be comprimised by his own incompetence? oracle defend yourself from this lunatic's insults!
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Prophet
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 03/22/03 at 10:01:03 »
Quote Quote

what he means is that Oracle bought a crit. Changed the password (obviously to the same as Oracle's), but in doing this he made the mistake of leaving the email in place. the person did password recovery got the password and logged on to oracle and bought lots of jaguar potions which he then put on his crits.
IP Logged

www.nightmist-can-die.com - go go go!
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

View Profile Email

« Reply #36 on: 03/22/03 at 10:30:55 »
Quote Quote

It was when I bought Valados I had this problem not when I sold it.

I didn't remove the previuos persons email on that crit at the time and I changed it's pass to the same as Oracle's (i've learnt since then to keep Oracle's password different to my alts).  
Person did pass-recovery and tried their luck to see if it was Oracle's, it was...

This was cleared up along time back and I did NOT cheat at this point at all.

I was suspended for a week and all this was proven seen as it happened at times when I was away from internet access, one being when I was at school and the register was checked that I was there. Also seen as the ip that Oracle was logged onto was in america and there was no way i got to america and back to school for afternoon registration.

I don't like being compared with Xlibre, the whole time I've been staff, I've never cheated at all, I've made mistakes, and mistrusted people, but never cheated.

It was tho, my error and an easy mistake to make while I was still a very new member of staff.
IP Logged
Prophet
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 03/22/03 at 10:37:15 »
Quote Quote

Exactly what I just said. Smiley
IP Logged

www.nightmist-can-die.com - go go go!
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #38 on: 03/22/03 at 11:06:33 »
Quote Quote

why was the http://81.99.152.130/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=Discussion;action=displa y;num=1048288965;start=15 thread locked exactly?
IP Logged
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

View Profile Email

« Reply #39 on: 03/22/03 at 11:18:06 »
Quote Quote

So we could see this issue under one thread and not two. Anything you were going to place there, just state what it's commenting on in the other thread and post it here.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.