Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Spider Nest »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 21:00:51

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Spider Nest
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Spider Nest  (Read 518 times)
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

Spider Nest
« on: 03/18/03 at 13:28:27 »
Quote Quote

Why do staff keep changing this area?? For as long back as i can remember, you could leave from the entrance (Grassy Meadow) and by logging off at the Spider Queen..
Then it was changed so you had to leave from Spider Queen or North West corner (I think that was there all along).
And now, the exit in the North West corner's GONE!! So i spent about 30Minutes running around the whole place, only to find out, you can leave via the entrance again..

When areas are updated, shouldn't people be told? If Scotland suddenly vanished, i think people would be told about it... Why not if part of NightMist vanishes..?
IP Logged

Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

Re: Spider Nest
« Reply #1 on: 03/18/03 at 15:22:30 »
Quote Quote

lol...  It's not really funny, but I can't help but laugh at the dis-organized editing of NM that has been going on lately.  Sorry, I mean no insult - just thinking of a room adjusting from day to day - like being in a Circus fun-house.

Anyway, I believe the original intent was that you could not leave the spider tunnels via the entrance (the message stating 'you cannot go this way, even with a rope' has been there as far back as I can remember - though originally it did not work properly).  And, logging out on a 'no respawn' square is just the product of necessary restrictions on monopolizing bosses, it's not there intended as an exit; but I think it's fine that way as by the time you get there you've completed the area, so the quest is done.

And I agree, the forum, in a lot of ways, is part of the game (in a communication sense) and could easily be used as a source of information about the 'goings-on' in NM - similar to a newspaper.
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Spider Nest
« Reply #2 on: 03/18/03 at 15:32:05 »
Quote Quote

i have been going around the world adjusting minor things here and there, i thought a sewers in the top left of the map was way off the main sewer area, so the link was removed, and you can get out via the enterance now.
i will be posting my enormous map soon, it is not for naviagation as such, more of a display of the world's areas and relative size (if size has any meaning anyway) for use for planning future areas.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.