Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Re: UNFAIR! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/28/24 at 20:08:57

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Comments
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Re: UNFAIR!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: UNFAIR!  (Read 738 times)
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« on: 10/28/03 at 07:03:04 »
Quote Quote

if it's so easy, you should try it yourself.  

1. you don't earn any money.

2. you will lose money as you go (potions equipment, there is no recovery of funds).

3. some monsters "lose" your gold at random times.

4. because of taverns saying what killed you, a training dummy is easy to spot and puts a thief in constant danger.

5. if you're not stupid, you'll recognize that there are only a few hours in the day that you can train with reasonable safety. they are not the most convenient hours of the day.

6. for every hour of gametime spent training, there are can be days spent waiting to train.

it's not unfair in the least. to be successfull power-training, you have to put just as much effort, skill, and patience into the process as you would with killing 10,000 monsters. sometimes it can even take more. the thing people fail to realize is that it's different; it's not just 'clicking the square until you're arch', just like killing monsters, there's alot more involved. i couldn't begin to tell you how many scarlet daggers i helped noobs get just so i could continue training, or how many times my training dummy feigned being a lost lvl 1 thief, all alone in a remote tavern (or how many times he got free equipment by doing so). suffice to say, the requisite amount of wits to begin training are much higher than the alternative.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Two

Control

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: 10/28/03 at 08:38:07 »
Quote Quote

I believe an underlying point is that the people who do powertrain need to have a decent amount of cash on them for it to be worth thier while.  I agree that pting takes a certain degree of cunning, but lets stick to the matter at hand: the majority of people pting have been playing a while, and probably have many other crits who can access areas with high exp points.  So why don't we make these areas less crowded and allow some lucky newb pker the chance to come up huge on a wad of cash.  I see it as a victimless crime.  That's all.  Peace.
IP Logged
Consumed
USA 

*:·®ÿåñ·:*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 10/29/03 at 00:06:22 »
Quote Quote

a lvl 8 zerker got 400k of my small snake once...luky i already stole the other 600k lol
IP Logged

Cøñ§ümêd
Spekkio
USA 

I didn't come here to fight... I came here to win!

Spekkio69   N/A
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 10/31/03 at 01:31:13 »
Quote Quote

on 10/29/03 at 00:06:22, Consumed wrote:
a lvl 8 zerker got 400k of my small snake once...luky i already stole the other 600k lol

Stole!?!  Why didn't you just kill the small snake and get all the gold back?  I mean... it's not like small snakes are in short supply!  And if you had time to steal 600k... you had time to assassinate it.
IP Logged

God put me on Earth to accomplish many things. Right now, I'm so far behind that I will never die.
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 10/31/03 at 02:49:59 »
Quote Quote

The zerker came on the square and killed it quick enough before Consumed could kill it himself.  It is a small snake...
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Galatae

shh! gowna hunt wabbits!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 11/15/03 at 23:38:51 »
Quote Quote

I was sewer running for gold once with my zerker. killed a Leech and got 60k...  Grin
Then saw someone there... someone named Quark.
Short story long, he put my zerker on the bounty list, but unfortunate for him, never collected..   Tongue

Noticed he had a thief with him... pting. It was a good day for me.... hehe
IP Logged
deSade
United_Kingdom 

Bloody crumbs everywhere!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 11/16/03 at 10:57:44 »
Quote Quote

Don't forget, its a chance you take for the easy exp.  

There is alot of skill and patience in hanging around inns trying to spot a dummy crit then trying to time it right to get a big payload.

I think that is even harder, and for some1 who gets caught flaming you for 'robbing' their cash, I say TOUGH S**T!

Hugh
IP Logged

ßí§ÇÚít Mħ±€®
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.