Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - NM... »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 17:37:46

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Comments
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   NM...
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: NM...  (Read 1444 times)
totaled

phat

View Profile

NM...
« on: 02/09/03 at 07:30:03 »
Quote Quote

all this game really is is training...sure they have a few lil quests and bosses.....but u have to train heaps b4 u can even think of fighting them....even then when u can kill the bosses and a few players...there is nothing more to do....and it kills ya social life...well im done...just wanted to say that..
IP Logged

bah
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

Re: NM...
« Reply #1 on: 02/09/03 at 08:46:42 »
Quote Quote

word
IP Logged

heh
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/09/03 at 08:47:02 »
Quote Quote

But you have to admit, it is pretty fun.
IP Logged

heh
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/09/03 at 14:27:29 »
Quote Quote

Training gets boring after you've played for awhile..or so, to me it does. I barely do any training anymore.. I just come on to talk with people.. and check out the forums.
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
totaled

phat

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/09/03 at 19:11:15 »
Quote Quote

on 02/09/03 at 08:47:02, newb wrote:
But you have to admit, it is pretty fun.

its was more addictive than fun for me  Tongue
IP Logged

bah
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/10/03 at 00:51:39 »
Quote Quote

I enjoy training but I go to places like the SDG to train after about 3 lvls on the crit and that take no time at all. Those places are fun but there needs to be a place for low lvl fighters and rangers I guess I have to area develop....
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/10/03 at 10:07:28 »
Quote Quote

yeah lot of training in this game, met alot of people in the arena and stuff. those days is over though. i don't train anymore, i just hop around contentedly with what i gots, pk, talk to people etc. it's my pseudo-retirement. i don't work no more, i likes it that way.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 02/12/03 at 03:08:55 »
Quote Quote

on 02/10/03 at 10:07:28, dognapot wrote:
yeah lot of training in this game, met alot of people in the arena and stuff. those days is over though. i don't train anymore, i just hop around contentedly with what i gots, pk, talk to people etc. it's my pseudo-retirement. i don't work no more, i likes it that way.

Same here, same here.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/14/03 at 00:31:29 »
Quote Quote

Maybe the admins should focus a little bit more on lower lvls, make quests for all lvls. They say just going around and killing the spider queen is a quest. running away from pk'ers is a quest. Killing the same monsters all the time is a quest. Mayeb they should put some REAL quests into the game for lower lvl's. where there would be a limit on how high of a lvl you can be <not like swamps>. Where few people would be, so you wouldnt worry about pk'ers. And it would be hard, so you cant go by yourself, but you would need a collective group of like 10 crits, which wouldn't be hard to get if you go to the nm arena during the daytime. Then, in the quest area, there would be a couple quests, and a couple bosses would have a low rate of drop, like 10%, and would spawn only one time a day, and then a couple would spawn once an hour, and drop 1% of the time. Maybe it could be like the area uncer the fortress, but bigger. and at the end of the area would be a 1 spawn a week boss, with a drop of like 25%-50% which <if you got there> would be a preety decent spell, or weapon, or maybe, it could even lead to somewhere else in the game, a new city, with special armor, potions, stuff like that. All you need is an imagination. The possibilities for low lvl's are endless, with there being so many, but sadly, most of the time the admins only focus on Palidans and Fighters, or high level crits.
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/14/03 at 00:51:57 »
Quote Quote

Scarlet Dagger guild has good quests for mages, clerics, druids, and thieves.  Swamp has 2 drops.  Necro also is a well thought out quest.  You could always take a tour of the desecrated church, or maybe visit the graveyard when it comes out.  I also hear there is something interesting happening in a certain sewage drain off for levels 1-15.  They are out there though, just have to adventure.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: 02/14/03 at 02:58:45 »
Quote Quote

OK, with an over abundance of level 30's why the hell would staff focus on lower levels?
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/14/03 at 03:14:07 »
Quote Quote

on 02/14/03 at 00:51:57, Sin wrote:
Scarlet Dagger guild has good quests for mages, clerics, druids, and thieves.  Swamp has 2 drops.  Necro also is a well thought out quest.  You could always take a tour of the desecrated church, or maybe visit the graveyard when it comes out.  I also hear there is something interesting happening in a certain sewage drain off for levels 1-15.  They are out there though, just have to adventure.

Scarlet is only good if you have those 4 classes to train. Swamp has more then 2 drops, actually it has 5, and i wouldnt call it a quest. desecrated church.....i dont know what your thinking is all that good about 8 squares. Sewage drainoff is over ran by archies <with their lower crits to pick off the party>. and necro tower, is for 3 classes. I'm talking about a place where you dont have to worry about being pk'ed <that removes the sewer drainoff>. where you can get unique items, where there isnt 50 on the website <that would remove the swamps because of the hydra thorn and great axe, everyone has one, or can get one easily>.where you can only have certain types of crits <that removes Dieing woodland 'necromancers tower' and theives guild> those are no fun. And small areas get boring <removing Swamp, desecrated church (if you can call that an area), and the graveyards, well those were preety crappy, and they need a MAJOR make-over to be worthwhile to going to.

What I'm talking about is a place like, say, Jahanna. The whole thing, from the path, to the tunnels, then the BIG desert <it even has a maze, how cute>. That would be nice, it would give lower lvl's something to do. A place to explore, where you dont necassarily are there just to train. You could be there to make gold <lvl'ing in the arena's for 5 hours and getting a thousand gold is hardly worth it>, and get cool items you can't get anywhere else. I've been to the sewer drainoff when they were first made, 8 of us got from the biginning of the drain off, to the boss, and beat it in 20 minutes, got the blade of sacrifice also. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about and area that would take maybe a couple days of exploring, or maybe even a week of exploring before you came to a boss.

I would also like to point out the fact that i have crits ranging from lvl's 1-30, mostly 25+. So I'm not complaining because I'm a lvl 11 person who get's pk'ed all the time, I just think there should be more diversity in the playing areas.
« Last Edit: 02/14/03 at 03:33:12 by King_Macros » IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/14/03 at 03:15:58 »
Quote Quote

on 02/14/03 at 02:58:45, Stotic wrote:
OK, with an over abundance of level 30's why the hell would staff focus on lower levels?

*points out the fact there's a LOT more Creatures below lvl 20 then there are lvl 30's*
IP Logged
MmMStewert

Get outta there Stewert thats just for looks!

View Profile

.Re: NM...
« Reply #13 on: 02/14/03 at 03:25:11 »
Quote Quote

yeah there are a lot of lower lvl's and it does get VERY annoying when people go around pking you when your trying to lvl a lower crit somewhere...there should be a place for lower lvl's to go and lvl up without having to worry about people pking them it gets really old really quick...theres enough places for people lvl 30 but not enough for people under like 15.
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 02/14/03 at 03:46:15 »
Quote Quote

It is impossible to create an area that is pk free to train.  As for the sewer, if archies stand out front to pk you, what stops them from doing so at any other area?  The swamp does have a quest, and if you listen to the NPC's you will learn it.  Desecrated Church, though not very big or story-like still has good exp for younger crits.  As for the other areas for specific class's, it seems to be that the only ones left out are the fighters who can go outside to train easier than the "weaker" classes.  The easiest way for lower levels to train is learn the area you choose and learn to run, because you will never be able to train pk free.  Travel in parties, and have a leader who knows what he is doing.  There will always be someone who can form a larger party, who can or will come and pk you, but if you move fast enough, and now the area well enough to lose them, then you will stay alive.  Players have had to deal with it for all thier playing time, so either sink or swim.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/14/03 at 04:05:56 »
Quote Quote

Okay, maybe your not reading my post right, or im making the wrong impression, or maybe my post is being ignored?. I have done everything there is to do with the swamps, and personally, im not going to talk about. im not talking about gaining exp. im not talking about being pk'ed.

Here, I'll lay out what I would do if I was an area developer.

Tinder street, south of Aritoch Drakespine's clinic, west of church.

enter descrip: Tinder Street: You are standing on the smooth cobbles of Tinder Street. The street continues North and East. To the West is a path.

going west: You are standing on a path made with small rocks and pebbles. You may enter Nightmist to the east, or you can travel on by going West.

lvl over limit: You think about going west, but figure it's not worth your time.

That stops high lvl pk'ers, and sets out the basis of the journey. You wont have to worry about running, because it'll be hard enough for a big group, but easy enough where the alts who pass you, wont be high lvl's.

I think it would be nice to have a quest for LOW lvl's. I'm not saying that the Swamps are a quest, I'm saying up to lvl 25 can go, most the monsters hit for 50+ damage, and if you think a lvl 10 can kill the Sludge Lord or Hydra Body, then your insain, lol.
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 02/14/03 at 04:13:36 »
Quote Quote

• The Scarlet Daggers Guild (above the sleeping fox) is for Thief/Cleric/Druid/Mage under lvl 21.
  • The Necromancer's Tower (NW of the Grassy Meadow) is for Cleric/Druid/Paladin under lvl 22.
  • Everyone can go to the Spider Tunnels, it's a great area for under lvl 20.
  • Sewers, though dangerous has the Desecrated Church for everyone under lvl 15.  There's also a new sub-area in the sewers for lower levels - Sewage Drainoff (something like that).
  • Near the Gnoll Fortress there are Catacombs that are capped at lvl 22.
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #17 on: 02/14/03 at 04:43:17 »
Quote Quote

I personally am wondering what the point of your post was Bishop...because if your stating theres places for low lvls...I guess I'll point out what I'm stating in the other 3 posts I have made...

Scarlet Daggers...Has class restrictions, and I doubt crits 5-10 will make it to the boss.

Necromancers Tower...Has class restrictions

Spider's nest <Queens>...I'm lvl 25 and still go, you can easily be pk'ed there.

Desecrated Curch...Well this place just sucks. Total of 8 monsters and a 1-a-day spawn boss? Wow, that's fun, I killed all the monsters and had to wait for them to respawn with my lvl 8 cleric.

Sewer Drain Off...When I was lvl 10, I didn't know how to get there. And as you said, PK'ing (lots of pk'ing).

Catacombs....I was there earlier today, fun area, I personally have problems with my party that has 8 crits in it, lvl 14-20

NOW...I want to see an area for crits below lvl <either 13 or 15> where there is won't be much of a worry about pking which takes out sewers, spiders lair,and scarlet daggers guild. Like I said before, a big area would be nice, meaning Des. Church goes by-by. Class restrictions really suck, there's Scarlet Daggers again and Nec. Tower, and I believe Des. Church (correct me if I'm wrong please). And you really shouldn't have to worry about dieing on the way to where your trying to go, that would mean all of sewesr generally and Fortress are gone <try killing a Gnoll General with a lvl 10>.

Maybe I'm not getting the right idea from your post, because you really didn't say anthing, all you put was places and lvl restrictions. I want an area, just for low lvl's to get a grasp on the game, to explore, to kill bosses, without worrying about pk'ers. I think it would be nice to see an area JUST for low lvl's, because we all know there's enough for higher lvl's.

Maybe, if we're lucky, a couple ROLE PLAYERS will play the game and stay for once.
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 02/14/03 at 05:32:50 »
Quote Quote

If you think it that needed you can always develop it yourself.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #19 on: 02/14/03 at 05:35:35 »
Quote Quote

I think it's needed, but I doubt that the adminastrators will think it is, as shown here, they also will probably show resistance. And I doubt they will see this, and if they did, make me an area developer to create it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.