Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Stupid Unmature Not good players »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 18:24:23

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Comments
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Stupid Unmature Not good players
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stupid Unmature Not good players  (Read 2202 times)
Eustace Clareance Scrubb

Email

Stupid Unmature Not good players
« on: 06/17/02 at 04:43:46 »
Quote Quote

All the players here in nightmist are STUPID!  They complain that people should get 1 chance when they swear (accidentaly which is almost impossible).  Actually it's their fault that they broke the rules accidentaly.  They're just trying to change all your hard coding work into a CHATROOM!  Any restriction and they complain.  They know that they won't be listened to without power.  Lvling up gives them power.  Theres absolutely no role-playing fun-loving players on nightmist!

Role-playing is something i've never seen EVER.  I am pre-reset and so I should know.  Role-playing makes the game more fun for others.  For those of you who check out the comments section even though there are no interesting things here, role-playing is acting like you really are your ranger.  

'Rargh  I HATE!!! this lag'  that is not role-playing .  I hear that alot.  this was desribes as an online rpg (role-playing game)  There is one thing missing.  No role-playing.

The players here are just chatters,  so there are no game-players.  People will not play just for fun!  They will play to get power.  So they will be listened to.  Let me compare this to a chatroom.

Chatroom directions - type in what you want to say
Chatroom rules - (usually none)
Chatroom advantages - talk to all at once,  can swear if want.
Chatroom disadvantages - cannot do anything but talk.

Nightmist directions - type in what you want to say, move around with keys,  attack things by clicking on the sword and then on monster.  

Nightmist rules - No swearing, don't spam,  don't scoll  
Nightmist advantages - Is a game,  is fun,  sysops have a sense of humor.  Clean speech.  

Nightmist disadvantages - Players who are not fit for a MUD (multi playing dunegeon)  

Nightmist should be a game where the players are part of the game.  Not where the players talk and talk and talk and are not like the plot at all.  

Clans - give more power to certain people who have enough power so everyone in there is listened to more.  Has a special clan chat function,  cant talk to more people at once.  

Alts - NO! ONE CHAR PER PERSON, Make lvls unlimited but hard to get to.  Make lots of spells.

Sysops - Get more, sometimes making people sysops will make them mutants (aimed mostly at what happened to garrick) .  More sysops = more coding.  More coding = more game.  More game = more temptation to play.  More playing players = a REAL MUD.

Words - Certain words should be banned.  (lag, comp, etc.)

Players - Kick all out.  Find players yourself,  find a good base of mudders from other muds.  Test them to see if they know how to rp and mud.  Then once you get say 15 of them start getting random people 3 per day.  Let them be shown how to mud by the base chars.

Weapons - more,  weapons can be named for the price of 10k.  

This is a comment and suggestion post.  If sysops feel it should fit more in the suggestions catagorie.  Then let it be placed there.

Cyric, Pandilex, and JLH are the only sysops that really are fit for the game.

IP Logged
Stigmata
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

Re: Stupid Unmature Not good players
« Reply #1 on: 06/17/02 at 05:54:32 »
Quote Quote

Ok decent post, quite a few valid points in it - may want to re think the title though, doesn't really make much sense.

Anyway let me start by replying to the ban certain words thing - It's pointless, if you ban certain words people just find an alternative word to get around them. Word's like lag and comp that you suggested banning is just stupid, used too often in the game and don't effect it in any way.

You agreed with the just 1 alt idea that is being talked over on a post in the suggestions forum, i also agree IF character development was vaslty improved. I.e more levels, more weapons, skills, spells and abilities. As things stand i don't like the idea, not because i cant use my huge ammount of level 30's but because i think it would be wrong for the game. All there is to do now with a fighter is hack and slash, run around a bit and perhaps talk. If fighters got special skills, and could develop trades like becoming a blacksmith and a tradesman etc (all adding to roleplaying and interaction) then i would welcome the idea.

As for sysops, i agree - There needs to be more. The only staff i can tell that are active atleast once every 2 days are JLH, Pandilex, Cyric, Isyng(?) and Medora sometimes (Too busy irl ? ). These staff are the only ones i can TELL that are online, i don't know for sure and if more staff log on atleast once every 2 days then let us know. The active staff are VERY busy with new features for the game and are overworked. Adding more staff = more area's which = more fun for the players.

As for kicking out all players, thats just stupid lol.

Weapons, hmm......naming ones weapon for 10k. Definately not for 10k thats for sure. Maybe for 1mil at level 30. But it needs to be a rarity or else it would be over used. If too many of these custom weapons got out into the world, the actual rare one's would lose their value. Not a good idea in my oppinion unless it costs ALOT. Maybe one of the admin could give this as a prize for a special event or something? The chance to name a piece of weapon or armor?

I didn't understand what you meant about clan power - If you re-post that idea, with a clearer version of the clan power thing then i will get back to you with my thoughts.
IP Logged
Casca

Email

All the Players?
« Reply #2 on: 06/17/02 at 06:38:24 »
Quote Quote

Well, you are real good with broad, unfounded insults.  But then most of your post is unintelligible.  

First, I know of plenty of players that Role Play in Nightmist and that can be done reguardless of those that are out of char around.  
Second, there are plenty of RPGs like you seem to want out there.  Only two that I know of are like this one.

I think you should make your own, and invite the 15 people that you want to RP with to it so you can have your own little world.  (I doubt they would stay long though, as I am sure you would find fault with everything they would say and do)
IP Logged
Eustace Clareance Scrubb

Email

« Reply #3 on: 06/17/02 at 18:26:40 »
Quote Quote

*on 06/17/02 at 05:54:32, DragonHeart wrote:
Ok decent post, quite a few valid points in it - may want to re think the title though, doesn't really make much sense.

Anyway let me start by replying to the ban certain words thing - It's pointless, if you ban certain words people just find an alternative word to get around them. Word's like lag and comp that you suggested banning is just stupid, used too often in the game and don't effect it in any way.

You agreed with the just 1 alt idea that is being talked over on a post in the suggestions forum, i also agree IF character development was vaslty improved. I.e more levels, more weapons, skills, spells and abilities. As things stand i don't like the idea, not because i cant use my huge ammount of level 30's but because i think it would be wrong for the game. All there is to do now with a fighter is hack and slash, run around a bit and perhaps talk. If fighters got special skills, and could develop trades like becoming a blacksmith and a tradesman etc (all adding to roleplaying and interaction) then i would welcome the idea.

As for sysops, i agree - There needs to be more. The only staff i can tell that are active atleast once every 2 days are JLH, Pandilex, Cyric, Isyng(?) and Medora sometimes (Too busy irl ? ). These staff are the only ones i can TELL that are online, i don't know for sure and if more staff log on atleast once every 2 days then let us know. The active staff are VERY busy with new features for the game and are overworked. Adding more staff = more area's which = more fun for the players.

As for kicking out all players, thats just stupid lol.

Weapons, hmm......naming ones weapon for 10k. Definately not for 10k thats for sure. Maybe for 1mil at level 30. But it needs to be a rarity or else it would be over used. If too many of these custom weapons got out into the world, the actual rare one's would lose their value. Not a good idea in my oppinion unless it costs ALOT. Maybe one of the admin could give this as a prize for a special event or something? The chance to name a piece of weapon or armor?

I didn't understand what you meant about clan power - If you re-post that idea, with a clearer version of the clan power thing then i will get back to you with my thoughts.

*appluads*  There a good player for you!

Okay,  lets say theres a big clan with lots of lvl 30s (BOD).  They start terrorizing newbies and they become more important than other players in the game.  Needs to stop.  There should be 10 clans.  Contest should be made for the names.  The members of each clan are chosen randomly. You should be lvl 15,  and then you will be given to the random clan!  If JLH wold be do kind as to have no alts.  Then you woudn't have to worry about them being in a different clan!

About the lvl 30's.  You should pick 1 char and ask jlh to turn him to lvl 40 (all lvl 30's combined).

Also Heres another idea.  Since you put in blacksmithing and that good stuff.  I think it should be added.  Here is my opinion.  

Stats : Strength,  Speed,  Magic.  All the rest should be taken away.  

Skills: swiming, fishing, blacksmithing, hunting,  hiding, dodging, riding, etc.

characteristics : charisma,  leadreship,  ruling.

Info on skills-  Skills are things that you can improve with experience.  (example as you dodge from so-and-so's mace your dodging skill increases.)  (as you mount your horse your riding skill increases)

info on characteristics : Able to get makeovers to improve charisma Tongue.  Leadership.  make more people listen.  Ruling - make slaves.

Horses - Make them.  It'll be fun!
IP Logged
Stigmata
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 06/17/02 at 19:32:20 »
Quote Quote

Ok i understand what you mean with the clan thing now, but it won't be changed because clans are optional, meaning that a player could go through the whole game without ever joining one. For your idea to be implemented, having only 10 clans with the members randomly chosen JLH would have to make clans a nescessity, which i don't think he will be too keen on. BOD is fortunate to have good members and good founders, which is why it is so successful. I personally don't go hunting for newbies like i used to, but i still like to pk alot of the middle level players. But pking is all part of the game and in the end i think it would be wrong for it to be taken out. The new level 5 rule will stop players pking the real newbies so i don't think there is much of a problem with this at the moment.

As for the just 1 alt thing as i said before, not good for the game at the moment with the lack of character developmet present at this time - Maybe later on in the game when it becomes more advanced. I don't really agree with the 2 alts thing which is being discussed atm, i say either leave it as it is or make it just 1 alt. There is going to be problems trading characters obviously if and when this idea hits the game, but all trades of characters could be made to be done through a staff member, lowering the risk of theft and cheating.

Ok the stats points i think are fine at the moment as they are, but yes i think charisma needs to count for something, maybe the likely hood of a monster attacking you? Or if someone on the square had lower charisma they would most likely get attacked first?

Skills are definately needed in this game if the 1 alt thing would ever to be introduced. If it was put in the game now then the ammount of clones running around nightmist would be huge, reducing the likelyhood of roleplaying and reducing the 'Fun factor' by a suficiant ammount.  
They could introduce a skills bar that allowed a player to level up in a certain area when it was filled. For instance a Fighter could choose to level up as a blacksmith, fixing peoples weapons (Maybe when Durability is added) and armor for a certain ammount of gold. The higher the skill level the character had, the more weapons and armor he/she could fix in a certain period of time with the workmanship (ammount of durability gained back to item) dependant on their level, skill level and maybe strength?
A thief could also choose to level up as a tradesman, buying items from shops and selling them in other area's of the world for more gold dependant on their level and statistics.
A ranger could become a fisherman, fishing in certain areas of the world and selling their catch to people and shops.
The possibilities are endless with this idea, and i am sure if enough people in nightmist posted in support of this topic then it may get the staff's attention.

Horses - It's a definate possibility. Maybe a player would require a horse to access certain area's that would otherwise be unreachable. There could be a certain shop(stables) where the horses could be rented or bought, or maybe off a player to tie in with the skills idea.

Makeovers - Not really sure on this idea. Maybe it won't fit into the 'Medievil' environment that nightmist is trying to display, but maybe other things could be introduced to improve certain stats (Attribute points ? )

IP Logged
Casca

Email

« Reply #5 on: 06/17/02 at 20:47:38 »
Quote Quote

I would say let this game progress the way it is currently.  If you want to start a 1 alt game, see if you can get someone to sponsor another server based on this engine, and ask to have transfered an alt of your choice to that game.  Of course coding would have to be changed to limit alts, and whoever takes over the new server could work on incorporating the other features you would like to see.  

The main thing I would like to see in this game is alignment and consequences built in.  Currently players acting the evil role have all the advantages.  

Compare to real life.  The world is bad enough as it is.  If there were no consequences for commiting crimes, including if you got killed you lost little to nothing there would be a lot more gangs of criminals even then there is now.

Propose the following alignments.

All alignments must be chosen at char creation.

There will be good, evil and neutral towns and chars

Good:  Cannot attack another good player  Cannot attack Neutral player unless attacked first.  Gains extra exp pts for killing Evil players.  Looses no exp from being PKd as the good gods take care of heros.  Cannot enter evil towns.

Neutral:  Can attack good or evil players, looses some exp from being PKd, but not levels.  Attacking Good players will gradually shift his alignment toward evil and once evil, cannot return to neutral.  Attacking evil players will shift his alignment away from evil, but he cannot become good.  Gains exp for all PKs.  

Evil:  Can attack anyone good exp for PKs.  Greater exp for killing good players, exponential based on level of the killed.  Major exp lost for being killed including levels, as the evil gods are disgusted by evil players that loose and do nothing to support them.  Cannot enter Good towns.  
IP Logged
HellsAngel

Email

« Reply #6 on: 06/18/02 at 03:33:53 »
Quote Quote

Hmm Evil And good sides is a good idea.. have a town
where only evil can enter and another town where only good can enter the rest of the towns are a mixture with guards..

But good can only kill to a certain point... Because think Good Gods would want one of their followers just going around and killing ever single evil person they see? If they are Good Gods I truely doubt that.
But Evil can do anything, such as rob anyone kill anyone, kill their own kind and etc. Because their Gods would want that.

Neutral I can't really think of anything but they can just kill either side to much evil deeds lead them to evil side to many good deeds lead them to a good side.  

IP Logged
Eustace Clareance Scrubb

Email

« Reply #7 on: 06/19/02 at 18:56:50 »
Quote Quote

on 06/17/02 at 19:32:20, DragonHeart wrote:
Ok i understand what you mean with the clan thing now, but it won't be changed because clans are optional, meaning that a player could go through the whole game without ever joining one. For your idea to be implemented, having only 10 clans with the members randomly chosen JLH would have to make clans a nescessity, which i don't think he will be too keen on. BOD is fortunate to have good members and good founders, which is why it is so successful. I personally don't go hunting for newbies like i used to, but i still like to pk alot of the middle level players. But pking is all part of the game and in the end i think it would be wrong for it to be taken out. The new level 5 rule will stop players pking the real newbies so i don't think there is much of a problem with this at the moment.

As for the just 1 alt thing as i said before, not good for the game at the moment with the lack of character developmet present at this time - Maybe later on in the game when it becomes more advanced. I don't really agree with the 2 alts thing which is being discussed atm, i say either leave it as it is or make it just 1 alt. There is going to be problems trading characters obviously if and when this idea hits the game, but all trades of characters could be made to be done through a staff member, lowering the risk of theft and cheating.

Ok the stats points i think are fine at the moment as they are, but yes i think charisma needs to count for something, maybe the likely hood of a monster attacking you? Or if someone on the square had lower charisma they would most likely get attacked first?

Skills are definately needed in this game if the 1 alt thing would ever to be introduced. If it was put in the game now then the ammount of clones running around nightmist would be huge, reducing the likelyhood of roleplaying and reducing the 'Fun factor' by a suficiant ammount.  
They could introduce a skills bar that allowed a player to level up in a certain area when it was filled. For instance a Fighter could choose to level up as a blacksmith, fixing peoples weapons (Maybe when Durability is added) and armor for a certain ammount of gold. The higher the skill level the character had, the more weapons and armor he/she could fix in a certain period of time with the workmanship (ammount of durability gained back to item) dependant on their level, skill level and maybe strength?
A thief could also choose to level up as a tradesman, buying items from shops and selling them in other area's of the world for more gold dependant on their level and statistics.
A ranger could become a fisherman, fishing in certain areas of the world and selling their catch to people and shops.
The possibilities are endless with this idea, and i am sure if enough people in nightmist posted in support of this topic then it may get the staff's attention.

Horses - It's a definate possibility. Maybe a player would require a horse to access certain area's that would otherwise be unreachable. There could be a certain shop(stables) where the horses could be rented or bought, or maybe off a player to tie in with the skills idea.

Makeovers - Not really sure on this idea. Maybe it won't fit into the 'Medievil' environment that nightmist is trying to display, but maybe other things could be introduced to improve certain stats (Attribute points ? )

I agree with everything you said here.  I was just being stupid with makeovers.  Horses however seem to be planned.  There is a medium lance you can buy in resthaven.  It describes horsed in the description.  

Also.  I think that sysops should be the gods if the good, evil and bad were to be planned. who would be neutral and good.  All the sysops are evil.
IP Logged
Regeneration

Email

Re: Good and evil sounds great
« Reply #8 on: 06/28/02 at 07:38:08 »
Quote Quote

Good and evil would be a good excuse to have jails.  Maybe a good thief could be more like Robin Hood. Rather than stealing gold only for himself (gold going strait to his pockets) he robs the evils only and that money randomly goes to someone good and you get exp in return.  He would also have the normal steal gold ability and can steal from anyone but would not gain any exp from it.  Being able to steal/attack in some towns would be so much fun and sneakier.  In the neutral towns, if you were caught trying to rob someone good or evil (yes even the robin hood ability...stealing is still bad), you could be sent to jail or an evil version of jail like the dungeon of doom or something spooky like that.  Not to get carried away but would be cool if you could attack in town but not with full power stam.  What I mean is to be able to attack in a town but with restrictions like only with pair of hands or portable weapons.  Players could also attack with a weapon purposely or accidentally but only use one stam on a victim, then that player would have to pay a fine/serve jail time.  Maybe if you were say a lvl 26 fighter with a hally and killed a lvl 5 in one hit the penalty would be greater because of an actual murder lol.  That would put more of a twist on the game especially for thieves.  It would give players more of an unexpected chance to bring up a challenge.  Challenge to both the player and the law.  Maybe in an evil town neutrals that get killed in a town fight are punished instead.  The loser of the fight would go to jail lol.  This would also bring a demand for more portable weapons for the fist like brass knuckles, spiked boxing gloves etc. that you could use to attack players legally until someone was maybe hurt or killed depending on the town or whatever.  I would allow regular stam to players with glove weapons.  Imagine a man swinging around a hally at someone in town.  Gee that would sure get peoples attention allot more if they had brass knuckles, a pocket knife, freddy cruger's glove or something more portable and stealthy.  Jail would be punishment for two types of people.  Criminals and people who break the bad language rule.  Maybe put them in for so long depending on the crime, in an arena type square where nothing but hard hitting low exp valued monsters torment you.  Rally with your cell mates or fight against them and the monsters too if you think your that tough.  You’re basically protecting your exp and waiting out your punishment.  Maybe you will meet interesting people while captive or maybe some angry disgruntled lvl 30 guy will pick on you and your lvl 12 friends and decide to pk you a little bit while he's there lol.  Just like in real prison!   This would also put a little bit of order in nm. I doubt anybody would want to go to jail more than once depending on how unpleasant it would be.  Hmm wouldnt it be great if you evil buddys could break you out of the good prison with a certain item or something?  Remember that they take your weapons and armor before you are held captive.  So no weapons or armor while battling and serving hard time in nm city prison.  Well I guess you might be able to sneak in a pocketknife or any type of portable weapon by chance.   Well I hope to see allot of murders and criminals in the future of nm.
IP Logged
The_Ringmasta

Email

« Reply #9 on: 07/03/02 at 13:31:20 »
Quote Quote

Not to diss anyone here. I think all idea's in this forum have been good, other than those from the guy who posted it. He did make good points here and there, but the fact is I too am an old school RPer. Nightmist would be hell if it was done by good RPers. There would be massive lag due to large RP posts, for example, When I do RP, I RP no less than 50 lines per post...can you imagine 100 users online, all posting that much all the time? The Lag would be monsterous, the scrolling would be horrid. If the game was made pure RP like that, you'd have to be a poor RPer, and post very small, and any "Real" RPer would shun the fact that his posts had to be cut short.
IP Logged
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 07/03/02 at 17:59:50 »
Quote Quote

text is fine, as it compresses a lot, so doesn't use much bandwidth
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Fusion
USA 

None   ElDiAbLo142@aol.com
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 07/04/02 at 04:26:47 »
Quote Quote

I dcied not to read all th writing since there was so much lol. but abot the 1alt thig, im ok withit but would we be able to pick which crit we cold useHuh Bcause i have some crappy arse crits lol. thats all
IP Logged

Oasis, Imagine, Fusion ingame. And more.
Fusion
USA 

None   ElDiAbLo142@aol.com
View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: 07/04/02 at 04:28:12 »
Quote Quote

DANG need to learn how to type. lol
IP Logged

Oasis, Imagine, Fusion ingame. And more.
Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 07/04/02 at 04:54:15 »
Quote Quote

Baravor...Why don't you just correct your posts then?Use the modify button.
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
Alterno
Bangladesh 

Keno Shikar Koro Dhukho Shob Chetonar Mul

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 07/18/02 at 12:16:13 »
Quote Quote

I Like the idea of RP it would be nice Nightmist is game not a chat server and i also like the idea of being able to name stuff on the game (like your own armor and weapon) and i also like the idea of JLH of durability that means we cant use a weapon forver or an armor forever and have to repair then jus like in the real middleages. Getting back to the topic of naming well players would have more freedom then and we could also get our own personalised weapon or u could make a new class like miner tht is like a low lvl fighter and also kinda a blacksmith who makes weapons and sells them and he could mine in different places i know this is something tht would go into the suggestions area but i guess i wanted to reply to it here may b i willl put it in the suggestions 2 any ways reply me if any 1 dont understand wats it all out and all i willl explain i m new to these RP and other  stuff in RPGs soo yea plz b nice lol and overlook anything tht might have been rong with this page lol have fun in the game and plz remember this is a game not your life lol too many pppl take it seriously  

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy
IP Logged

Memo crit: Alterno
Paradox

raven2k15   ravechyld587
View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 08/13/02 at 05:02:10 »
Quote Quote

on 07/18/02 at 12:16:13, Alterno wrote:
I Like the idea of RP it would be nice Nightmist is game not a chat server and i also like the idea of being able to name stuff on the game (like your own armor and weapon) and i also like the idea of JLH of durability that means we cant use a weapon forver or an armor forever and have to repair then jus like in the real middleages. Getting back to the topic of naming well players would have more freedom then and we could also get our own personalised weapon or u could make a new class like miner tht is like a low lvl fighter and also kinda a blacksmith who makes weapons and sells them and he could mine in different places i know this is something tht would go into the suggestions area but i guess i wanted to reply to it here may b i willl put it in the suggestions 2 any ways reply me if any 1 dont understand wats it all out and all i willl explain i m new to these RP and other  stuff in RPGs soo yea plz b nice lol and overlook anything tht might have been rong with this page lol have fun in the game and plz remember this is a game not your life lol too many pppl take it seriously  

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

lmao u can tell who the lazy people that post in here are...but back to the topic..and i am sorry if this makes no sense i am in a bit of a hurry and just wanted to give my 2 cents worth..i think that naming items and stuff would be cool..but you would get the people out there that would come into the game get enough to do that and make items with retarded and vulgar names.

For the horses you could add a room to a clan house (a stable) that would allow to store x amout of horses in it..that way a big clan with alot of horses would have to make alot of stables to hold it and little clans with few members would only need 1 or 2 stables.

Wthe the abilites (mostley concerning blacksmith) that would be a neat idea to put in..but to add somenthing to that it would be cool if u could repair items and MAKEitems..i dont mean make the big super power items but little ones to help out the new people that dont have enough gold to buy their armor upgrade or weapon upgrade.

With the automatically (spelling?) putting someone in a clan that wouldent work out right..people go into clans to be around the people the like..if you put them in a clan with people they hate you would run into ALOT of problems with people going into war with other people in their clan.

Well thats all i have to say (now all i gotta do is wait for someone to do is post saying OMFG that the stupids thing i have ever herd,because that is what all people put after my posts)

IP Logged

That_wierd,Paradox,Varaconn in game
MCM

Email

« Reply #16 on: 08/13/02 at 05:50:13 »
Quote Quote

Quote:
Posted by: Eustace Clareance Scrubb Posted on: Jun 17th, 2002, 4:43am  
All the players here in nightmist are STUPID!  They complain that people should get 1 chance when they swear (accidentaly which is almost impossible).  Actually it's their fault that they broke the rules accidentaly.  They're just trying to change all your hard coding work into a CHATROOM!  Any restriction and they complain.  They know that they won't be listened to without power.  Lvling up gives them power.  Theres absolutely no role-playing fun-loving players on nightmist!  

Role-playing is something i've never seen EVER.  I am pre-reset and so I should know.  Role-playing makes the game more fun for others.  For those of you who check out the comments section even though there are no interesting things here, role-playing is acting like you really are your ranger.    

'Rargh  I HATE!!! this lag'  that is not role-playing .  I hear that alot.  this was desribes as an online rpg (role-playing game)  There is one thing missing.  No role-playing.  

The players here are just chatters,  so there are no game-players.  People will not play just for fun!  They will play to get power.  So they will be listened to.  Let me compare this to a chatroom.  

Chatroom directions - type in what you want to say  
Chatroom rules - (usually none)  
Chatroom advantages - talk to all at once,  can swear if want.  
Chatroom disadvantages - cannot do anything but talk.  

Nightmist directions - type in what you want to say, move around with keys,  attack things by clicking on the sword and then on monster.    

Nightmist rules - No swearing, don't spam,  don't scoll  
Nightmist advantages - Is a game,  is fun,  sysops have a sense of humor.  Clean speech.    

Nightmist disadvantages - Players who are not fit for a MUD (multi playing dunegeon)  

Nightmist should be a game where the players are part of the game.  Not where the players talk and talk and talk and are not like the plot at all.    

Clans - give more power to certain people who have enough power so everyone in there is listened to more.  Has a special clan chat function,  cant talk to more people at once.    

Alts - NO! ONE CHAR PER PERSON, Make lvls unlimited but hard to get to.  Make lots of spells.  

Sysops - Get more, sometimes making people sysops will make them mutants (aimed mostly at what happened to garrick) .  More sysops = more coding.  More coding = more game.  More game = more temptation to play.  More playing players = a REAL MUD.  

Words - Certain words should be banned.  (lag, comp, etc.)  

Players - Kick all out.  Find players yourself,  find a good base of mudders from other muds.  Test them to see if they know how to rp and mud.  Then once you get say 15 of them start getting random people 3 per day.  Let them be shown how to mud by the base chars.  

Weapons - more,  weapons can be named for the price of 10k.    

This is a comment and suggestion post.  If sysops feel it should fit more in the suggestions catagorie.  Then let it be placed there.  

Cyric, Pandilex, and JLH are the only sysops that really are fit for the game.  

ok so not everyone role-plays...some of the ideas are good, but making people role-play isn't, not everyone enjoys that, and nightmist is a game...so just try to have fun with it, you like role-playing then role-play, don't bytch because other people don't, and alot of the non-role-players where very fun loving(well pre-reset)

why are you still here?

IP Logged
Paradox

raven2k15   ravechyld587
View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: 08/13/02 at 18:48:22 »
Quote Quote

that is true..i like playing the game just not rping....my opinion is they should set up 2 servers...1 for the people that wanna rp and 1 for the people that dont.
IP Logged

That_wierd,Paradox,Varaconn in game
Astrona

~*Ðã®k Ðïvïñîtÿ*~

KCsDrkAngel@aol.com
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: 08/13/02 at 19:05:05 »
Quote Quote

Ok, I agree with a few points here, and disagree with a few too. Just because people complain about lag and do forth, doesn't mean they aren't playing this as an RPG game. In real life don't you complain about things that slow you down? Hence the "Lag Monster" lol. I think you should be able to tie real life into this game, and still have it be considered RolePlay. If people tie reality in with the game, the game becomes more interesting. And yes, this game does need more sysops in my opinion. I hear constant complaints of players being bored, and I agree, going to the same area's over and over again to get to that almighty lvl 30 can get pretty boring, and discouraging, and turn people off from the game. Especially with the Pay to Play coming up. The staff definetely needs to consider more staff members. Not powerful ones, just, area builders. I've heard of lots of people that have been working hard on offline areas. I believe they should be givin the chance of having the power to build. More area's popping up suddenly and constantly will make the game MUCH more interesting and exciting! And hopefully kill the BOREDOM plague that seems to  be attacking our "wonderful" (yet in desperate need work work) world of Nightmist! And yeah, the chat does make it easy to talk to people, but I do believe every RolePlaying game has one. If it bothers you that much, and you consider it that far off the line of RolePlaying, just consider it as telepathy or something in that area. Yes, Nightmist does have a few problems at the moment, but it's nothing that can be solved, and it has nothing to do with how people are playing. It just needs some more area's, to make things more exciting, and set higher goals for the players.
IP Logged

~Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you from experience!~
Rest

Email

« Reply #19 on: 08/21/02 at 23:22:20 »
Quote Quote

First of all..This IS just a game. I think that we should be able to name our own weapons..and so forth..But when it comes down to adding horses? It's a bit extreme. No one is ever gonna be happy with everyone. So just deal with what ya got on this game, and if you don't like it don't play. Tongue
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.