Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Stupid Unmature Not good players »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 06:15:35

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Comments
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Stupid Unmature Not good players
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stupid Unmature Not good players  (Read 2204 times)
Hatchet Warrior

"The soul your body carries really has no worth"

Homeless+x+Larry
View Profile

Re: Stupid Unmature Not good players
« Reply #20 on: 09/17/02 at 19:17:29 »
Quote Quote

Well....There is so much going on here, I'm going to address only a few things.

I like the idea of naming your weapons, it would make everything more personal, and would be fun. As for the tiff about Big clans beating newbs, that happens even in real life. Do you think that it would matter if you were getting mugged in New York for example by 3 members of crip, and you told them that you'd only been in the city 3 days? Do you think They'd be like..."Oh my bad dawg" and walk off? No, you'd get a violent welcome to the city, and all your (Edit) Taken from you. It's just how it goes, if you don't like getting jacked, stay in unjackable zonez. Now for Roleplaying, Real RPing is good, but I've stated before that it would be hectic if everyone Roleplayed, cause good roleplayers would be flooding every square they went on with 20-50 lines of RP, and while your RPing your way through the sewers, I'd be there steady bashing you with my Halberd... Roll Eyes
IP Logged

"You never know what even your closest friends will say about you once you leave the room"

Main Crit: Loco
Tiamat

Email

Re: Stupid Immature Not good players
« Reply #21 on: 09/17/02 at 20:36:21 »
Quote Quote

I'm sick of seeing the subject of this post. I haven't read a word anyone wrote, but I have to draw attention to something. It's not "unmature", it's "immature". Before you go insulting players maturity, make sure you're old enough to spell. I corrected the spelling in the title, so what I'm sure is a wonderful thread can at least have the diginity of looking like someone intelligent wrote it. Enjoy. LOL
IP Logged
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 01/10/03 at 23:41:21 »
Quote Quote

The only good ideas here are the horses, the blacksmith, and the naming, which should have a shop wil buttons for names for your weapon that you can select.

For rping?

You have 3 options.  Listen to all chat.  listen (and talk) in role-play chat.  And no role-play chat

on your screen, role-play chat woul d appear in yellow
normal chat in blue.
(thats just chat)

You would have 2 bars,  role-play chatting bar, and normal chatting bar.
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: 01/12/03 at 04:49:14 »
Quote Quote

Wow...just the other day I was thinking how much I wanted to see this topic brought back to the top of the list...

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
StainedSoul

Email

« Reply #24 on: 01/16/03 at 06:33:25 »
Quote Quote

And your wish came true  Roll Eyes

Wow weird eh?  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Night Angel
USA 

~My little world revolves around me~

fallen_angel_far_from_grace   gigglessb
View Profile

not everyone
« Reply #25 on: 01/29/03 at 01:40:30 »
Quote Quote

ok we are not all stupid and its a game an rpg  deal with the ppl ok. if you dont like it go somewhere else yourself. dont say ban everyone. you should relax and not take things so serously. you obviously put alot of theought into your post but in all honesty what do you get from it?? do you feel better? do you think it will change?? do you think we will all randomly get smarter? think what you want but there is nothing wrong with most of the players on the game. so dont be so harsh.
IP Logged

~The World Annoys Me, You Don't Need To~
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

Re: Stupid Immature Not good players
« Reply #26 on: 02/09/03 at 05:37:06 »
Quote Quote

on 09/17/02 at 20:36:21, Tiamat wrote:
I'm sick of seeing the subject of this post. I haven't read a word anyone wrote, but I have to draw attention to something. It's not "unmature", it's "immature". Before you go insulting players maturity, make sure you're old enough to spell. I corrected the spelling in the title, so what I'm sure is a wonderful thread can at least have the diginity of looking like someone intelligent wrote it. Enjoy. LOL

I have to agree with that, delete this post already.. the spelling annoys me bad enough with the complaints.
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

Re: Stupid immature Not good posters
« Reply #27 on: 02/10/03 at 01:49:07 »
Quote Quote

Everyone pro this post on this thread has so far never made any point that will improve the game except maybe horses but what would they do I mean do you wanna move faster cause it would be annoying moving 2 squares when your on a horse and the square you want is 101 squares away and if you leave your horse it will be stolen... Fishing and blacksmithing I have seen in other games and then you get 'epic heros' who only just sit around and hit rocks. And cutting down the clans would just be dumb because a clan is a away of expressing a view I mean you can say everyone in DH is good everyone in TR is evil etc. (do not kill me extra for this TR but it is a generalization by most people) makiong 10 clans would stop the point of clans.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Kharybdis
USA 

DeludedMindGame
View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 02/10/03 at 05:25:02 »
Quote Quote

Who said everyone wants to be an "epic hero"?  Being a fisherman (or fisherwoman), blacksmith, woodcutter, or any other noncombative profession is just as worthy as walking around and randomly lopping off heads.
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 02/10/03 at 05:30:39 »
Quote Quote

I would agree with this,  they can become as equally as important as other classes.  If they made a weapon smith, and that class was the only one who could make your weapon better, my guess is it would become very high in demand.  I think it would be a good idea to give fighters the mining ability where they could find gems and stones to give to a weapon smith who could then put them on the weapon, making it better in whichever way.
IP Logged
Rattlesnake
USA 

Miau

View Profile WWW

« Reply #30 on: 02/10/03 at 17:56:26 »
Quote Quote

This thread was started in June 2002, let it die already!
IP Logged

Contact Sweet_Dream in game. Smiley
My Pictures
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 02/11/03 at 00:59:30 »
Quote Quote

So you are suggesting that we make a game so that we can leave our ordinary lives and pretend we are ordinary people that WOULD ROCK we could sit around the bar and talk about what happened in the news and talk about dragons we did not kill that would be soooooooooo much fun. I guess I would have use my likkle fishing rod to poke out the eyes of monsters cause at this rate we will have weapon smiths selling to the NPC adventurers and not to me and I could not even get a decent mage cause this is not an RPG about fighting it is about fishing and blacksmithing HOW FUN.

(BTW I was flaming you just in case you think that people would acctually like your ideas).

I have seen online games fall apart from the ideas your suggesting.

Classes Miner Fisherman

Conversation normals: Where do I mine gold.
Where can I catch anchovies.

Quests: I am Doric the amulet maker can you get me some clay iron and other things I need for my work please?
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Face_The_Fact

imr0naldmcd0nald
View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 02/11/03 at 01:49:42 »
Quote Quote

Hmmm, i have seen 1 person roleplay EVER. That one person was Angel.
IP Logged

Oh! The beautiful pills.
Kharybdis
USA 

DeludedMindGame
View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 02/11/03 at 02:27:00 »
Quote Quote

As a class, it would be stupidly limiting...  but as a skill you could learn, I think trades such as mining or fishing could be interesting if done correctly.
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 02/11/03 at 21:22:03 »
Quote Quote

Leave it alone PLEASE.
IP Logged

Remedy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 02/26/03 at 04:13:58 »
Quote Quote

hmm....  
I couldn't get past the first sentence to read the next... The title of this post was pretty frightening.... "Unmature"... lmao before you have nerve to call others stupid... you should learn the english language... Sorry.... had to say it.  Grin
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #36 on: 02/26/03 at 04:40:52 »
Quote Quote

not all english though, is like other types on english, i.e. american english is different from united kingdoms (yes i do know most dont talk english in great britains 4 countries) english. so where he lives unmature may be the same as your immature

or for that matter, i could call you up and say, man im watching channel 4 on tv and theres a cool show on at 11pm, are you going to watch it? and you would read it as that, if you lived where i live, thats a call for drugs including pickup time, place, and if person is willing to do it (this'll probably get deleted, lol)
IP Logged
Angel
England 

Death to the Infidels!

60398485 60398485    
View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 03/06/03 at 12:22:55 »
Quote Quote

Well, if you want role-playing I'm planning on doing an online Vampire, the Masquerade rpg  which will have very little inbuilt system, requiring ppl to role-play what they're doing etc. etc. It currently has a very badly done webpage linked of the nightmist site and a small forum.  If there's enough demand then I might actually do some work on it etc. Smiley
IP Logged

It hurts sometimes more than we can bear,
if we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace,
empty rooms, shuttered and dank,
without passion we'd be truly dead.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.