Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - A staff clan. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 08:38:16

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Clan Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   A staff clan.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A staff clan.  (Read 1452 times)
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

A staff clan.
« on: 03/30/03 at 07:21:01 »
Quote Quote

Since I have seen allot of people complaininh about "it's no fair that allot of staff members are in this clan" or something.. Well, what if there was one clan with only the staff members in it? That way you would'nt see threads, arguments, etc almost everyday about this matter? I mean, I didn't know if I should've posted this on suggestions, but ah well.. Anyways, this is just me, and just a small concept I guess, not tryin to start a fight or anything, heh.. Thanks.

~Creed,
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
King o Sausage

Email

Re: A staff clan.
« Reply #1 on: 03/30/03 at 07:26:48 »
Quote Quote

I see no need for this. If staff have normal crits in a clan, why not have their staff crits in the clan? No extra ranking boost... I think people just need to get over the fact that TR is the strongest, and most powerful clan in the game. Therefore most of the hardest working people, that contribute the most to the Nightmist game will come from this clan.
IP Logged
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 03/30/03 at 07:30:04 »
Quote Quote

I truly agree with you man, tr do work hard for thier clan... But this has nothing to do with boosting up the clans rank just b/c a staffer is in that certain clan, besides, it dosint work anyways..

I mean, allot of people complain about this stuff that there is to many staff members in certains clans and all, well just to stop this and all, would it hurt to just have a clan for staffers? Besides, it would'nt effect their mortal crits that much now would it? I mean, this is just me.. Thought I might help out and all. Smiley
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 03/30/03 at 07:40:45 »
Quote Quote

I could see it now

"Oh, TR won, no duh...because her alt is TR"
"Oh, you didn't ban so and so because your alt is in TR!"
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 03/30/03 at 07:41:51 »
Quote Quote

I agree with Sausage, if I just had my staff crit in a staffey clan, and all my morts in TR, people will still complain of favortism.  I would still be friends with my clan, just have to change how I talk to them instead of clan chat, like I posted in the other topic, I think of it as more a handicapp to my clan with me being staff, not a bonus.
IP Logged
King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #5 on: 03/30/03 at 07:45:56 »
Quote Quote

I don't think you got the full "gist" of my post.  Grin

Scenario: Let's say I'm staff. I have a crit in TR. I'm on my staff crit working on NM. I want to see how things are going in the clan. I get myself invited then I join TR.  

What's the problem with that?? It doesn't boost your rating. (So there's no complaining there.) The reason TR has so many staff in it's clan is because is has so many PEOPLE in it's clan. When you have double (somewhere around that many...) as many people as the next clan then you are bound to have more staff in your clan. And you also have to remember that TR isn't just a whole bunch of guys sitting in a clan. It's a whole bunch of guys that are good at the game. And when you get good at a game and have played it in and out then you want to help out and contribute towards the Nightmist game as a whole.

Hope I got my point across.
No offence meant.

Edit Note: This was written during the posting of Zephie and Aidon's postings. This was mainly written to clear up my previous post.
IP Logged
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 03/30/03 at 07:47:18 »
Quote Quote

Jen, this has nothing to do with TR really, or at least I'm not saying anything about the clan.. Even though I'm like really against pks and such, I think TR is a great clan in a way, I mean, you guys do work hard and all to keep the clan going, and I respect that..

But really, so what if a staff members has a mortal alt in a certain clan? I mean, I prolly have allot of crits that I own if I lvled them up (specially Creed) to lvl 30,I would prolly bust up on a staffers alt, lol well, 'might'.. (except Kalypso.. heh Wink)  

Anyways! I thought this would help out allot to stop it with the whining and the complaining, fights, etc about it.. That's all..
IP Logged

Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 03/30/03 at 07:49:33 »
Quote Quote

no no, i'm saying thats what people would say :p
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 03/30/03 at 07:51:22 »
Quote Quote

Heh, I know Jen. But really, this post was not meant to cut down TR or whatever. Not at all, just a idea I guess..
IP Logged

King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #9 on: 03/30/03 at 07:52:53 »
Quote Quote

Creed-
I can see where your coming from but I don't think this is the solution. I think people just need to over the fact that staff aren't only online to make the game better for you. (Although I would hope they do a great deal of that....) They play the game as well. Go ahead and put your staff crit in the clan you're in. If people have a problem with it, than it's just that, THEIR PROBLEM. They need to get over it.  
I might be rambling on about something totally different but I just wanted to say somethings....
IP Logged
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 03/30/03 at 07:52:54 »
Quote Quote

but are you absolutely sure thats what all people will say? maybe, just maybe it would decrease some of things being said about staffers and TR? this is just a thought though, but it could happen, you never know til you try right?
IP Logged

Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 03/30/03 at 07:58:36 »
Quote Quote

Heh hey! This is just a idea! lol I don't really expect it to happen and all. But of course a staff member should have fun! Hey! I'm not against that at all. Smiley But I'm just saying, the staffers can still have their mortal crits in the same clan like Jen, her staff crit Zephie, would be in "The Nightmist Staff People Whatchamacallit Clan!" (heh) And her mortal crit Kalypso, would be in The Resistance.. This would'nt really stop a staffer to have their fun really.
IP Logged

King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #12 on: 03/30/03 at 08:00:19 »
Quote Quote

It would however make Zephie be unable to see the clan chat of TR (which I would imagine she might be interested seeing since she owns the clan...) Sorry Creed. I'm just against this idea....
IP Logged
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 03/30/03 at 08:03:57 »
Quote Quote

lol 'Ah man, your against it King? Now I guess I'll just have to flame you!!' Tongue heh

Anyways, that's cool man.. I'm not going to find allot of people agreeing with this really. But ah well, just a idea ya know.. And how would it stop Jen from not seeing the tr clan chat? I mean, she can log both on right?
IP Logged

King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #14 on: 03/30/03 at 08:06:31 »
Quote Quote

That is true. But if you're busy working on Nightmist would you want two little NM windows on your toolbar or just one?
IP Logged
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 03/30/03 at 08:10:27 »
Quote Quote

Hmmm? True that.. But would it really be a problem for a staffer really? That's all I wanna know..
IP Logged

King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #16 on: 03/30/03 at 08:11:56 »
Quote Quote

Prolly not. But I honestly don't see the need for a completly different clan for several staff members....
IP Logged
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 03/30/03 at 08:15:04 »
Quote Quote

Hmm? Maybe I should ask the staff then?

/to staff  Would this be a problem at all??
IP Logged

King o Sausage

Email

« Reply #18 on: 03/30/03 at 08:19:27 »
Quote Quote

I'm not a staff lol
I don't think it would be a problem. It's just that I don't think there is any need for it at all.
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 03/30/03 at 08:21:41 »
Quote Quote

IMO I would rather not have to click back and forth between both windows.  When I get working on things I get a little one track minded.  Having up that chat reminds me the clan is still there, whereas if I had 2 windows I would probably never flip over it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.