Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - A staff clan. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 16:52:24

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Clan Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   A staff clan.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A staff clan.  (Read 1454 times)
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

Re: A staff clan.
« Reply #20 on: 03/30/03 at 09:16:11 »
Quote Quote

Ok, Personally i think people are just trying to bring down Tr in anyway possible. I mean what about when JLH and Oracle were in NBM. Did anyone post about them getting treated "special" Im not trying to say JLH and Oracle cheated or anything, my point is this...If your going to accuse a staff of cheating somehow...How would them leaving the clan with thier "staff crit" solve anything...they are still going to have thier mortals in the clan...so if they wanted to cheat they still could Reguardless of what clan their staff crit is in. Creed i can understand your just trying to suggest something to stop all this stupid Nonsense people are making up but this is really a useless post. sorry.
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 03/30/03 at 15:53:48 »
Quote Quote

Yeah, I guess this is a pointless post, and I guess it's a bad idea anyways.. heh Sorry..  

But this wasn't ment to talk about TR at all though! I mean, I don't even know how that was brought up. I was just suggesting a staff clan that's all! lol
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 03/30/03 at 16:06:29 »
Quote Quote

Majority of you people posting.. don't have a choice.. why?! Because you're not a staffer nor am I.. Wink so, you wouldn't be in that clan if it were to go into creation.
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: 03/31/03 at 17:57:32 »
Quote Quote

on 03/30/03 at 08:06:31, King o Sausage wrote:
That is true. But if you're busy working on Nightmist would you want two little NM windows on your toolbar or just one?

I'm wondering why you would need to see your clan chat if you are busy working on improving the game in the first place.

If you want to chat with your clan, log on a mort; if you are working, log on staff. Personally I don't think it is appropriate to mix the two.

And yes, before anyone accuses me of double-standards, I had this same conversation with Cyric when he was staff.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Fyxie
USA 

Nightmare, conspiracy, depression and lunacy

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: 03/31/03 at 19:24:11 »
Quote Quote

on 03/31/03 at 17:57:32, Valentine wrote:

I'm wondering why you would need to see your clan chat if you are busy working on improving the game in the first place.

If you want to chat with your clan, log on a mort; if you are working, log on staff. Personally I don't think it is appropriate to mix the two.

And yes, before anyone accuses me of double-standards, I had this same conversation with Cyric when he was staff.

Why should they have to switch between two crits just to keep track of whats going on in the clan? Just because someone is busy working on something does not mean that they won't be interested to see what is going on in the clan chat.  

As most people know, clan chat is usually just full of non game related chatting. At least in our chat it seems that way. We joke around and talk about everyday things. As well as in game things. Why should someone who is working not be able to do that while working? I know when I'm at work, me and my co-workers chit chat in between working pretty often and it's helpful to keep up on whats going on.

So why wouldn't it be appropriate to mix the two?
IP Logged

Fyxie, Deviant, Vashalia, Stumbleine, Twink, Modulation, Elena, Pisces, Faygo, Adore, Starla, Autopsy, Dyna, Porcelina, Diao_Chan
Valentine

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #25 on: 03/31/03 at 19:45:45 »
Quote Quote

I just believe that it would be better for the game if the two were kept separate. It would also dispel a lot of accusations of cheating (I would think..knowing this group, I could easily be mistaken! Wink) as well as ensure that the staff is actually working when they are logged on. Staff characters aren't for playing, in my opinion.

I also believe, that from a player's point of view, they would feel better knowing that there isn't a clan member (staff) hiding behind a cloak listening to everything they say. For instance, if there are 10 clan members on that want to "overthrow" the clan, and they use /clan loc to ensure no other members are on, they shouldn't have to worry about using clan chat because a staff clanny might be cloaked. That's just one example.

Again, this is my opinion. I believe the line between staff and player should be a bit wider. Perhaps areas would get done quicker if the distraction of clan chat wasn't present.

It's an idea, that's all.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: 03/31/03 at 19:59:56 »
Quote Quote

on 03/30/03 at 07:40:45, Zephie wrote:
I could see it now

"Oh, TR won, no duh...because her alt is TR"
"Oh, you didn't ban so and so because your alt is in TR!"

They do, and have been for some time now. I'm actually surprised you didn't know this by now. I got tired of hearing it a long time ago.
I do however think what Creed is trying to say is that it would stop people from thinking in this manner.

on 03/31/03 at 19:24:11, Fyxie wrote:

As most people know, clan chat is usually just full of non game related chatting. At least in our chat it seems that way. We joke around and talk about everyday things. As well as in game things. Why should someone who is working not be able to do that while working? I know when I'm at work, me and my co-workers chit chat in between working pretty often and it's helpful to keep up on whats going on.

So why wouldn't it be appropriate to mix the two?

It is called Professionalism. Not to say there is anything wrong with "chit-chat", but it does however tend to take away from the "workers" main objectives any way you look at it. In simpler terms, what may take 5 minutes to accomplish now takes 25 minutes to do because of "chit-chat".

Personally, As long as they are able to manage and maintain thier "staff duties" while in whatever clan they choose to be in at the same time.. More power to ya.  
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Fyxie
USA 

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: 03/31/03 at 20:09:14 »
Quote Quote

I understand what your both saying. I don't think a staff clan would take away from the possibility of people cheating on staff crits. Where theres a will, theres a way.  

I think taking staff characters out of there personal clan could possibly make work harder for them. To keep up on what the clan is doing they would then have a mortal crit and there staff crit both on. Which means switching screens and going back and forth which would be unnecesary if there staff crit was in there clan.

If the person is competant at there job, clan chat should not take away from there work time at all. Otherwise it isn't because of clan chat, just that the person is slow at doing said task.
IP Logged

Fyxie, Deviant, Vashalia, Stumbleine, Twink, Modulation, Elena, Pisces, Faygo, Adore, Starla, Autopsy, Dyna, Porcelina, Diao_Chan
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #28 on: 03/31/03 at 20:20:54 »
Quote Quote

on 03/30/03 at 07:26:48, King o Sausage wrote:
I see no need for this. If staff have normal crits in a clan, why not have their staff crits in the clan? No extra ranking boost... I think people just need to get over the fact that TR is the strongest, and most powerful clan in the game. Therefore most of the hardest working people, that contribute the most to the Nightmist game will come from this clan.

Just a sidenote, The Resistance isn't exactly a hardworking clan, the most powerful or are the best. Alot of their members were brought over from when BoD was taken over by Ste. This said, the clan has had an advantage since the start with high lvl alts and such. Unlike other clans who have started from scratch, let's say for example Loveless, my clan that now no longer exists. I started with my alts and about 200k. I worked hard for my clan and got it up to rank #2 which is a great feat in the world of Nightmist today. Would you not say that my clan had accomplished more than The Resistance in a shorter amount of time and more efficiently? The work from my clan came from very few, while the work of The Resistance has come from many. After saying this, I hope you, King, will understand that The Resistance is not the greatest or has the best players and whatnot. In this game, rank proves nothing besides that the player has alot of gold. So, in case you people missed my point, it is that The Resistance is not the strongest, most powerful clan. They just like to PK. Also, I know for a fact that members of The Resistance have only joined for protection and/or to be able to go to bosses. Think about that for a while. Also, don't think about this as a flaming post, i'm just stating facts to change people's view of this particular clan.

Now, to the main subject of this thread. I totally agree with you Valentine. If you are working on the game, you shouldn't be interested in what's going on in clan chat. Doing so will only hinder the work that should be done. In Zephie's case, there is a problem that could occur seeing as she is chairman of a clan. But also like valentine said, there could be certain implications leading to unfairness such as the situation she stated above. Morts are there to play the game, staff crits are there to improve the game. How can you improve the game if you are too busy talking about one of the senseless things that usually occurs in clan chat?
IP Logged

heh
Valentine

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: 03/31/03 at 20:23:33 »
Quote Quote

on 03/31/03 at 20:09:14, Fyxie wrote:
I understand what your both saying. I don't think a staff clan would take away from the possibility of people cheating on staff crits. Where theres a will, theres a way.

I wasn't referring to cheating, but to others accusing staff of cheating. It could cut down on some accustaions ("JLH asked a trivia question and then aswered it with JLH'sAlt!"). Not all, of course...I don't have any disillusions of that ever happening lol.  

And my train of thought is that if a staff character is logged on, a player char shouldn't be on at the same time...I understand why people would disagree. I just believe that it is important to draw a definite line between the two.

It's like working in a professional setting. You wear a suit to work, and jeans to hang out with friends. You don't wear both at the same time.

Blah...I'm usually better at metaphors...but you get the picture.
IP Logged

Fyxie
USA 

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #30 on: 03/31/03 at 20:38:54 »
Quote Quote

Yeah I get what your saying. And I see some of your points. I just think it would take away from time that is spent on staff crits by people. Where as if they are already in the clan and something occurs that needs there attention they are right there to answer.

I rarely see random chat from anyone in clan chat that is staff unless it is something that is being brought to there attention or they are logging off.

I also doubt it would take away from the accusations. People will still know who staff's mortal crits are and what clan they are in.
IP Logged

Harky
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 04/01/03 at 04:26:43 »
Quote Quote

I tried to start a staff clan a long time ago - a lot of accusations were thrown around due to several legions of the night members being staff, and I threw the suggestion up for creating the staff clan.  I can't quite remember the name of it, all I remember is that it lasted a day - and it didn't even have all staff in it.  I'm curious as to if it would work with the game as it is today, the game needs it a lot more than it did back then.

I honestly think the best thing that can happen to the game right now is for ALL staff members(that have known alts) to get namechanges on their staff characters, disband from all current clans and not tell anyone who they are.  Yes people may find out just going on personality, etc - but in the very least it should stop most attacks against you as it will make it look less like you're 'flaunting' your position(even if you aren't, this is how it comes across).
IP Logged
Anthony

P.I.M.P.

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 04/03/03 at 21:05:26 »
Quote Quote

i disagree with any of the ideas.  a staff clan is absurd, its useless, but staff members shouldnt be pre-dominantly in one clan, like tr.  They should be divided into the other clans, dont have to be the top clans, but they can choose which one they want to be in.  its only fair that they arent all stacked in one clan.  maybe a limit of one, yes i said 1, staff member allowed in a clan. they may not like the clan, but they can leave and join a different clan, a clan without a staff member
IP Logged

Pimp Harder
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 04/04/03 at 00:20:59 »
Quote Quote

If we get to choose which clan we wanna be in, then why cant we choose TR?
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 04/05/03 at 02:40:40 »
Quote Quote

Specially If they where in it before they became staff... Whats the need to move?  Huh
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 04/05/03 at 02:44:49 »
Quote Quote

I just don't understand why this wouldn't work out really.. I mean, I see more pros to this idea then I do with the cons.. But that's just me and all.. Undecided
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
DragonZero
USA 

Never Run From A Sniper... You'll just die tired

GoldDragon1567
View Profile Email

« Reply #36 on: 04/05/03 at 03:12:41 »
Quote Quote

ok ppl stop bickering....geez...there probably wont be a clan for all staff members....and let them join whatever clan they want....i know i didnt read all the way through this thread that would take awhile...and TR yes they are doing hard work for this game but must they sell the Halberds for so much Sad...im the Chairman of Raelsmar and im lvl 21 i would like a halberd but i cant afford it becuase im nice and help out my clan members and spend most of my money on new clan rooms...and plus i dont earn money that fast, and i dont have any luck with the roller so i can sell crits either...

have a good day...
IP Logged

Mangler, Sirina, and Divine_Dragoon
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 04/05/03 at 03:15:38 »
Quote Quote

on 03/30/03 at 07:58:36, Creed wrote:
Heh hey! This is just a idea! lol I don't really expect it to happen and all. But of course a staff member should have fun! Hey! I'm not against that at all. Smiley But I'm just saying, the staffers can still have their mortal crits in the same clan like Jen, her staff crit Zephie, would be in "The Nightmist Staff People Whatchamacallit Clan!" (heh) And her mortal crit Kalypso, would be in The Resistance.. This would'nt really stop a staffer to have their fun really.

That should reply to your post Dragon.
IP Logged

Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: 04/11/03 at 10:00:22 »
Quote Quote

I have heard many of the complaints sounding somewhat like "Pandilex only makes TR staff" "Zephie makes sure only her clannies get staff positions" and I can see the original thought behind Creed's idea, however.... due to the simple fact that everyone knows who the staff crit's alts are, putting just them in a different clan wouldn't solve anything.  As Jen already said, it would only change to "You did this because your alt is TR" instead of "You did it because YOU are in TR".

Now let me get this straight, I am anything BUT a TR fan, although I have a few friends in that clan, but credit where credit is due... they are the clan with most members and make up a high percentage of players, hence also a high percentage of staff. Does this make any staff crit biased? I hope not, and from what I have seen, they do a good job keeping the staff crit and their mortal alts separate. Best example is Jen... I like Zephie and what she does for the game (let alone her Zephie cakes ;-P) but I dream at night of being able to pk Kalypso....lol...  

Anyway, back to the point... instead of making a staff clan, we just need to hope that the regular players can see that staff doesn't abuse their power to boost their clan, on the contrary... I think they are harder on their clannies than anyone else to avoid accusations as above mentioned. Yes, it would be nice to see some more out of TR staff, but so far I have never run into any biased staff member despite my well known despise of TR (oh god, Imma get so pk'd for saying this out loud....lol)

IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 04/13/03 at 21:11:09 »
Quote Quote

Hmm, whelp, I guess it's just a bad idea then... Undecided But still, I see more pros then I do with cons to this like I said.. And for some odd reason, I still don't see a good reason why it shouldn't happen. lol Ah well..

P.S. Yes, I did read all of the posts. It's just that this would be helpful with some minor things don't you think? Again, this thread has nothing to do with the Resistance. Not at all.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.