Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Battle in Forest (Tadpole VS DH) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 21:06:40

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Clan Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Battle in Forest (Tadpole VS DH)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Battle in Forest (Tadpole VS DH)  (Read 4697 times)
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

Re: Battle in Forest (Tadpole VS DH)
« Reply #40 on: 03/16/03 at 15:50:49 »
Quote Quote

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #41 on: 03/16/03 at 15:57:37 »
Quote Quote

I don't care that this happened. TR taking a whole bunch of people out is nothing new.. it gets old fast.. they're too greedy.

Tadpole, what's old school would be...

BAM! JUST ANOTHER VICTIM!
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
Harky
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: 03/16/03 at 16:54:00 »
Quote Quote

I feel somewhat hypocritical pointing out the arrogance displayed throughout this entire post considering back in the day I was pretty arrogant myself.. but at least I never used to post a thread on the forums every time I won a fight, and I didn't rely on an army of alts - I'd rather die.

And just for the record, I'm not 'taking sides' here.  I don't really know anyone that actively plays in either side, and I'm sure there's a reason for the hostility shown between the two sides but this is no way to resolve any conflict.

Grow up.
IP Logged
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

« Reply #43 on: 03/16/03 at 21:35:49 »
Quote Quote

no offense to anyone... it was done.. ppl jumped in.. ppl got killed.. Done over with..
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: 03/16/03 at 21:42:18 »
Quote Quote

"IVE GOT POWER IRL, YOU DONT KNOW WHO YOUR MESSING WITH"

"ILL DESTROY YOU IRL"

"YOUR CLAN IS @^%^!%!"

Yeah......we should really grow up.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Amy
USA 

With each choice comes consequences

Amyofdraco
View Profile Email

« Reply #45 on: 03/17/03 at 00:30:43 »
Quote Quote

OOC  

First of all, no one should attack anyone IRL .. this is a game.  We all play one side or the other or are neutral.  Attacking someone IRL is not only immature but ridiculous and should never be tolerated.

Secondly, Draco Honoris does not attack parties just in a certain area. When an attack is warranted and needed we do so wherever we happen to be at the moment or wherever a friend, ally, or other clan member needs assistance.

Third, being number 2 in clan ranking, we too have obviously worked hard for our position and deserve it.  There is no reason to say as is often stated, that our clan has done so through any unethical practices. Whether it be a "good" clan, an "evil" clan or a neutral clan, everyone has the same game to play and whether a clan is number 50 or number 1, no clan is worth more than any others from an ooc standpoint.

Last, lets everyone stop the insults, save them if they must be spoken, for in game where we are battling according to what we believe in or don't believe in and everyone just have fun playing the game.  Is what it is all about anyway.

~Me  
Known in character as Amy of Draco Smiley

edited for typo
IP Logged

Each path we have chosen led us to where we are. Each path we choose in the future will determine our destiny.
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: 03/17/03 at 00:36:21 »
Quote Quote

on 03/17/03 at 00:30:43, Amy wrote:

First of all, no one should attack anyone IRL .. this is a game.  We all play one side or the other or are neutral.  Attacking someone IRL is not only immature but ridiculous and should never be tolerated.

Crusher attacked Tadpole with those lil quotes I just said, so yeah...maybe you should be telling him that since he decided to take it out of game.

I agree with you, it should stay in game.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: 03/17/03 at 03:08:54 »
Quote Quote

on 03/16/03 at 21:42:18, Zephie wrote:
"IVE GOT POWER IRL, YOU DONT KNOW WHO YOUR MESSING WITH"

"ILL DESTROY YOU IRL"

"YOUR CLAN IS @^%^!%!"

Hehe, I would love to see crusher or whoever said that, try..
257 Seria Road Jackson City, FL.
^----Real Address
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Seeker

I think I would be a really good staff member!! :)

No+comment   No+comment
View Profile WWW

« Reply #48 on: 03/17/03 at 04:47:46 »
Quote Quote

Now, this post that I am about to post is VERY long.. For those of you who need to listen to me and see what I think of this childish "situation", I sugest you read this.. Specially the members of DH, and TR..

For one, this has gone far enough! I am sick of this conflict betwean Bishop and his loyal freinds, and the staff members and thier friends.. I think the two clans, the Resistance,
and Draco Honoris.
are fighting for no tipical reason at all..  

I think they are both fighting ONLY because for a few ppl.. And their other clannies have nothing to do with it.. They are only against the other clan because they want to be a loyal companion in thier clan.. We all know that there is some sort of quirl betwean a few of the staff members, and the memberable Cyric.. Now in Draco Honoris there are not a whole lot of people in that clan.. So I assume they are all very close in a way, and of course, loyal friends of Cyric.. And they will stick by his side until the end.. How do I know this? It's commun with clans that have small people in them..

Now for the Resistance, they have SO many powerful and popular chars in that clan! Like Kalypso, Tadpole, Stotic, etc etc. They do work hard in a way, yet alot of them are very rude, no offense to the clan or anything. But it is the truth and they need to work on that if you ask me.. So when they see someone that's a "enemy" to them even though they don't know why they are, they will do anything to pk him/her if they have a chance to. And they will be rude to them if they are in a clan that is against them..

Now, if you ask me this "war or battle" or whatever you want to call this is REALLY only betwean a certain amount of people, and not the whole clan.  

Reasoning can be a fine weapon in these situations.. Not trying to cut down people, which I am very ashamed of the Resistance if I may say for doing this.. All your going to do is make it worse for you.. And Draco Honoris, I know these people are the kind of people who want to help the newbs or infact anyone arch or not.. But if you ask me, you are not using the code Draco..  

I took a peep at your site just for the heck of it, and I saw that you said As a clan you praise Knowledge, Justice, Cooperation, Truth, and Wisdom. The members of Draco Honoris will conduct themselves Honorably, Virtuously, with the utmost Dignity, and Respect, and will be polite and helpful to the best of your abilities...  

I'm not saying that you guys arn't any of this, I'm just saying that you need to look over this sometime, and see what your really doing.. Is it honorable to keep on fighting with the Resistance for minor things? Are you guys cooperating with them? Is it wise to keep on fighting with the staff? Are you polite to the best of your ability? Donot get me wrong, I am not saying you guys are not doing this, I'm just saying that you need to look at your words for once and try to really use them. Which I'm sure you do, but if not.. Try to.. And I think that means to the Resistance to..

You people need to look at situations and observe alot more! It would help alot, really would.. Now, think to yourselves for a moment..  

"Is there a reason to fight over a simple thing?" "Is it minor?" "Is there a reason to cut someone down like this?" "Should I cut down *such & such clan* so I can be loyal  to my *such & such clan* even though I don't know why we're enemies to the other clan?"

I donot know what else to say really, but this whole thing is very immature and very childish.. And I'm sure alot of people are gonna flame me or try to cut me down or whatever in this thread, but the truth is I don't care.. I'm saying what I think and I believe, if you donot like it then I am deeply sorry..  

These are my thoughts about this.. You can take these advice if you want and do whatever with it for all I care.. But really think about all of this guys.. I mean, really think about it..  

Thanks for your time..

~§éékér,  
IP Logged
Amy
USA 

Amyofdraco
View Profile Email

« Reply #49 on: 03/17/03 at 06:02:15 »
Quote Quote

Seeker,  

Very well said, but reasons for the battles between the two clans- at least from the point of myself and my companions, run much deeper than what may appear.  

I speak for myself (as well as my alts), maybe remaining angry is not what we should be doing.  Anger and vengeance are not good things at all.. But, on the other hand... when a clan directly opposes what we try to protect, to be true to ourselves, taking action is what we must do at times.  

For example, the war that started this thread... A very close friend of myself and Crushers, were being attacked relentlessly and asked for our assistance. Being honorbound, and loyal to those that we call friends, allies, and fellow clansmen, twas our duty to try and assist them in any way we could.  

I know not who you are in this world we all occupy (NM) . but let me ask ye, if you counted on Draco Honoris as an ally... and you were alone being slaughtered, would ye wish us to say "Oh no.. can't jump in. you are fighting The Resistance, therefore you are on your own"? .. or.. say as we did.. "Stay alive and safe, we shall be right there to aid you the best we can immediately!"?

I am not condemning you nor saying your words are wrong, am merely explaining the situation in which this small battle was brought on. I am hoping you, as well as others understand that when we give our word to support another, we take it very seriously.

If you do nay understand that, I am sorry.. we are who we are.. we must be true to ourselves and what we believe in first and foremost.

<bows her head and departs to train>
~Amy of Draco Honoris
IP Logged

Each path we have chosen led us to where we are. Each path we choose in the future will determine our destiny.
Seeker

No+comment   No+comment
View Profile WWW

« Reply #50 on: 03/17/03 at 06:28:02 »
Quote Quote

I am very pleased with your post. Glad to see someone post something that's polite. Smiley And I truly understand.. This was just my thoughts about it, becuase I know theres more to this whole fight betwean you guys.. I just know it. And I'm just really saying becareful when your in situations like these.. It may grow even worse then it is..
IP Logged
Amy
USA 

Amyofdraco
View Profile Email

« Reply #51 on: 03/17/03 at 06:33:41 »
Quote Quote

Thank you.. we are aware of the dangers Smiley  

Sometimes, when you fight for something such as "good against evil" there is no choice but to face danger ... Is good to know even those we know not on a personal level support us and wish us the best.  

<smiles and bows her head once more>
~Amy of Draco Honoris
IP Logged

Shera
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: 03/17/03 at 06:40:32 »
Quote Quote

Seeker:  The conflict as you called it between TR and DH I can assure you is not about staff members in TR vs Bishop and his loyal clannies.  There was been well for lack of a better way to phrase it, bad blood between TR and DH long before that.  
    I will not attempt to speak for anyone but myself.  I will not go into specifics really.  But for me instead it stems from the interactions that I have had with DH members.  I treat them with the same respect or lack there of in this case that they show me and my clan.  I would never attempt to make anyone cry over a game, which (yes it was probably ic) I was told by one of the DH members quite a while ago, that this persons was going to make life so miserable in nm for one of my friends that it was going to make her cry.  I got a tad pissy about this person saying that even ig, because that is something I feel has no honor.  When I expressed that to that person I was then told that I was also now going to be made to cry by this person.  
    As you can see Seeker I have far greater reasons to behave the way that I do to some of DH that goes far beyond anything to do with sysops.  I have had as far as I know no personal dealing say with Amy so I have no problem with her, the same goes for some of the other DH members.  
   Will I attack DH well yes. Well they attack me? Since they have I'm going to safely say yes. Do I worry how that makes me look to other people? No, and I'm not going to.  I play the game how I want to period.
IP Logged

Tact is after all a kind of mind reading. - Sarah Orne Jewett
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. - Paul Fix
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #53 on: 03/17/03 at 09:00:01 »
Quote Quote

Only reason I ever started pking Draco to begin with was Crusher. I'm not sure if you remember, Bishop..but before then I never attacked you or your clannies, in fact I was friends with most of them (Julius, Kelevandros,ChaosHound) I use to share with someone and they pked Crusher one day, and ever since that day Crusher hated the character Kalypso. Not because I pk innocents, but because the character pked HIM. Pffffft, not sure if you remember this day but Crusher pretty much insulted me because someone on my character killed him. I then informed him I no longer shared with that person and my intentions weren't to pk Draco (I actually considered Valentine somewhat of a friend, Bishop I never really spoke to but he was ok) I had seen them running around in the sewers and forest before and never had attacked them or their party.

The day Crusher found out who my low level thief was, he began to pk it for absolutely no reason (Even though I had previously told him it was not my mission to hurt him or his clan.) I then decided I would pk him from now on, because he was so stubborn not to realize what I was saying was true. Crusher contradicts himself way to much. Insults me, threatens my clannies out of game and just plainly annoys everyone. Yeah, I'm a pker, accept that you aren't going to change me or my clan. You're like the (insert religious fanatic here) who wont ever shut up. Please accept it already.

Now those are my mortal issues with the clan Draco Honoris.

As for staff issues, I really don't think there's anything except the fact that they constantly blame me for Cyric's early retirement. They don't even give me a chance, or TRY to atleast give me credit for the stuff I am doing. I think Cyric was good staff- was he a good admin? I don't know, wasn't staff with him long enough to find this out. He always answered my questions/concerns. I would really like this matter closed because I don't see why it keeps bringing brought up in clan discussions. I don't hate Cyric. I don't hate Bishop. Although I dislike Draco Honoris very much.

Finally, (hehe, long post) I don't hate any of you out of game even though you may feel that way towards me. I do respect that you apologized in discussion Bishop for your behavior- And I apologize if I have every "insulted" you in my posts but I haven't done it intentionally. I posted these battles (dh battle, cg battle) because I thought clan forum needed SOMETHING else besides "please join my clan" etc etc. Rivalries are fun, I mean where would most of us be without them?  

Crusher, I don't think you should be insulting or threatning people out of game. It's wrong, and please stop sending those mean memo's to Fase  Tongue He doesn't have to pound his salt (lol!!)

PS: Draco Honoris is NOT the only clan we are at 'war' with, just so happens that DH are the only ones who make a big deal about it.
« Last Edit: 03/17/03 at 09:15:51 by Zephie » IP Logged

Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (‚Ü‚Ë‚«‚Ë‚±j

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #54 on: 03/17/03 at 09:22:11 »
Quote Quote

2 things

1) Posting of battles
I see nothing wrong with this, it's a chance to show your power and have some fun. You have to accept there's no objective in the game,  there are no rules for playing killing or acting evil or good. If you dislike a game where you can run around and be slaughtered (or indeed slaughter people yourself) then go play another game like ragnarok where there is no pking. If someone kills you then you shouldn't go bad mouthing them with insults, especially not personal ones. If you're nice to people you might even find they don't pk you again! And before you laugh at me for that statement I've played various muds, including nightmist, and I'm less inclined to slaughter the same person twice if they are polite. It doesn't always work of course.

2) Valentine stop spamming the boards with mindless pap, if you don't like a thread then don't bother to reply with 'this post is boring'.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #55 on: 03/17/03 at 10:33:57 »
Quote Quote

on 03/15/03 at 18:50:07, Zephie wrote:
You were fighting Illuminati first, not The Resistance......Miles walked in and saw the fight and decided to join in.  

In the log - I only put TR kills and TR deaths, as I cannot see who dies and who kills from the other clans.

i didn't read all replies but it's kinda lame the way you post it cuz now it looks like tadpole took out everybody on his own.
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #56 on: 03/17/03 at 13:46:37 »
Quote Quote

I took out DH on my own....Illuminati was fighting Koldfire and his clan....then Dh popped up and killed zekhia and then i took over from there  Grin
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Seeker

No+comment   No+comment
View Profile WWW

« Reply #57 on: 03/17/03 at 14:28:39 »
Quote Quote

I think I have proven my point here.. The story that you, Kalypso told me that is.. Simple things like this can really grow into something larger.. I am not sure who is in the wrong, maybe I do..

pffttt, I do understand your point.. But it really is simple.. For one no one, but NO ONE can make you miserable in this game! Maybe people that are hackers or whatever but other then that no one can.. You play, you have fun, you smile, and you go on with life.. Mark these words if you all may..  

And this person that I am hearing is only one now. Crush or whoever. But is he really the whole clan? Hhhmmmmm? It sounds like to me that he is.. So I have proven my point earlier.. This "battle" is only between a certain amount of people and not their whole clan.. The clan will of course follow the leader, and they will be loyal to the leader, which I am not saying it's a bad thing... Just becareful who your loyal to.. I think I am done for now, thanks for your time..

~Seeker,

P.S. Pandilex: I'm not trying to be rude or anything to you but be more polite to Valantine or Bishop.. Why? Because they are normal NM players now, and if a normal NM player posted something like what Valantine posted, would you make that remark? I'm not going to say that you have none, but tolerance should be #1 with the staff, which I am sure you have..
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #58 on: 03/17/03 at 16:04:21 »
Quote Quote

Our conflict with TR is simply that in our opinion the clan is evil - they pk others for no reason, the victims often don't even have an opportunity to speak, run, or retaliate. We have chosen to battle the evil of this kind of random, senseless pking.  With that choice we were guaranteed certain powerful enemies, that can't be helped.  Sometimes the details of this get lost in heated arguments and many other things, but the foundation of the opposition is the same.  We simply choose to oppose ourselves with any clan that encourages (or turns a blind-eye) to random (reasonless) pking and rude or vulgar behavior.  

No, we are not flawless or anything.  We try as best we can.  And we get plenty of abuse for it (such as the speech of Crusher everyone keeps bringing up - he's had plenty of such verbal insults directed at him for months now; he snapped and blew up a little, that's all it was - happens all the time and doesn't need to be posted on the forum).  We accept the abuse and overwhelming strength of our opposition because we believe in what we are battling for.  I usually refer to it as 'our burden' - we suffer so that others might be able to travel from NM to Arilin and not be pk'd (if only because we are the one's being pk'd at the time).

It has nothing to do with any personal problems (though I cannot speak specifically for Kalypso, or the animosity between Kalypso and Crusher), nor does it have anything to do with Cyric or staff - I've put that behind me.

We've accepted, even announced, enmity with clans that we consider evil.  I don't like posts like this, not because it depicts a battle between rival clans, but because it does not portray the facts (like the fact that the kills count started in the middle of an existing fight and included more than 3 clans in all) and is used to verbally abuse/degrade individuals for no good reason.  Our Opposition to 'evil' in NM is the 'Role' we choose to play as a group.

On a side note, with all the bs all over the forum, why do you (Pandilex) choose to single out Valentine for speaking her thoughts about thread like this.  If you think it qualifies as a breech of the forum TOS, delete it (just like any other post).
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Momba

Email

« Reply #59 on: 03/17/03 at 16:44:30 »
Quote Quote

I actually sat and read this whole thread. This is a joke. DH has said that they are against evil and TR is evil. Therefore they will continue to pk members of TR when they feel the time is right for battle. I suggest we pay no more attention to this small group of misfits other then to continue to hunt them down and make game play for them as miserable as possible.
 Shortly after our run in at the Gnoll Fortress I contacted Bishop, Amy and Crusher. After the way he(Crusher)snapped I kinda felt sorry for the guy. I know clannies call me weak, but that day he really snapped. I suggested laying our diffrence to the side. No becomeing allies or best freinds. Just simply ending the battle. My part of that battle was to seek them out each time I saw them logged. Crusher more so then the other since Bishop doesn`t leave the clan house and they won`t let me in.  
 Amy remained true to her character and said that she was loyal to her clan and that she would stand by them in any decision they made. Far enough.
 Bishop to remained firm in his decision to stand behind Crusher. We hashed over old battles with DH and a close freind of mine. And really got no where with the conversation. He did however advise me to contact Crusher and state my intentions to him. Again far enough.
 Now we get to the bonehead of the group. Crusher in my option is a flat out idiot. He in no way wanted to end the little battle claiming he was getting stronger each day yadda yadda yadda. He made it clear that the battle wasn't over.
 So my suggestion is this: Pandilex has said that it is o.k. to post clan battles under the clan forum. We start a thread and post the beat downs we put on em and let the battles speak for themselves. Well that's if Isyng doesn`t remove the ones he feels tarinsh the good reputation that certain members of Draco Honorless have.
 I know I have the option to not read these threads, but who can resit. I personally am tired of Bishop_Slick_Tongue and his better then thou BS and that bird he has over his shoulder(Valentine) who pipes in with her comments from time to time when she's not cleaning the clan house or licking the wounds of her fallen warriors. The only person who is even consistant in the clan is Amy. The girl can flat out roleplay and knows the diffrence between "in game" and "in real life". Unlike some.

Start a thread. Post the beat downs.And leave the trash talk for the playing field. And in closing if anyone is interested in the FULL text titled,"The Day Crusher Snap" Ryan from TR was nice enough to save and sent it to me. I would have to email it to you since Isyng insist on removing it from the forum threads.

Draco Honorless Hunter
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.