Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Smite! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/26/24 at 22:23:20

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Berserker Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Smite!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Smite!  (Read 4372 times)
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

Re: Smite!
« Reply #20 on: 04/05/03 at 10:33:18 »
Quote Quote

Zerlix - Zerks are already easy to train. Having looked over Archies idea, the only problem that could arrise is if your at full hp. Then you would Smite for zero. I think however it's a good idea, just needs a little modification.

Rob - I'm unsure of what your trying to explain here. It sounds like what smite is already. Can you break it down please, into a simpler version please?

Also do you mean that since it only uses 6 stam it's a lvl 27+ ability, or do you mean using full stamina whether it be 1-6. I do agree however it's done, Smite needs to be a lot more accurate than it is at present.
IP Logged
Proteus
Canada 

Proteus, Caitiff, Reign, Ophidian, Trite.

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 04/05/03 at 18:08:20 »
Quote Quote

on 04/05/03 at 10:33:18, Eternyte wrote:
Having looked over Archies idea, the only problem that could arrise is if your at full hp. Then you would Smite for zero.

Thats the point.
IP Logged

I will rape his kin,massacre his subjects,raze his kingdom to the ground & send his soul screaming to the foulest pit of Hell.Only then will I spit on his corpse.Only then will I have had my vengance.
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 04/23/03 at 01:36:16 »
Quote Quote

Up the accuracy of smite by at least 25%

It hits like 1/100 smites.

Berserk Also hits a TAD bit less than I would have expected. Out of 5 stamina I hit like.... once maybe twice if im lucky.

Just up smite by like 25% and zerk for possibly 5%
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 04/23/03 at 10:58:47 »
Quote Quote

The smite WAS useful... when zerkers first came out and you could hit for 5 each round instead of 1 with phists
IP Logged
Hybrid

Email

« Reply #24 on: 04/24/03 at 01:13:52 »
Quote Quote

Phists lmao!
IP Logged
Spongebob22
USA 

pimp61079  
View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 09/24/03 at 01:36:16 »
Quote Quote

on 04/05/03 at 00:50:50, Proteus wrote:
Well if its totally useless how about changing it.

Smite:
Hits 100% of the time. Does damage equal to the 75% of damage you have taken. Takes all your stamina. (Meaning 6/6, 5/5 ect..)

Example. Your at 200 HP out of 500. So you Smite, doing 75% of 300. Hitting for 225 damage and using all your stamina.

Alternative Idea

Smite:
Hits 75% of the time. Does damage equal to the amount of damage you have taken. Takes all stamina. (6/6, 5/5.. ect)

Example. Your at 200HP out of 500. So you would hit for 300 damage with a 75% chance of hitting. Needing max stamina.

Meaning it gets better as you level, because at low lvl you you would have less HP, making it less effective.

The problem with this is that if you are in a fight and you have taken 6 points of damage, you would only smite for 4 points of damage.

So lets say you have an Arch Zerk fighting a Arch Fighter, the fighter wiffs the blow causing only 30 points of damage, then you do your round of smite at 75% causing 25 points of damage. You would half to be almost dead to hit worth a damm.
IP Logged

The problem with America is stupidity. Im not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why dont we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 09/24/03 at 02:25:30 »
Quote Quote

Which is why you would berserk until then....

Hence causing more damage to yourself and making smite cause more damage, as well as the fact that when they get their next round they will damage you even MORE making smite hit for even MORE
IP Logged

Spongebob22
USA 

pimp61079  
View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 09/24/03 at 03:50:09 »
Quote Quote

then you win the fight with 5 hp left and die on your way back to clan house/pub from poison lossing whatever you got from the battle.  

Makes sense.
IP Logged

The problem with America is stupidity. Im not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why dont we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 09/24/03 at 04:00:55 »
Quote Quote

Right, you go on thinking that....

Noob...lol
IP Logged

Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 09/27/03 at 22:54:21 »
Quote Quote

I havnt had a chance to see the highest smite on a person but..

You attempted to smite a Hedge Minion but failed and caused 559 points of damage.
IP Logged

Gangsta Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (do the gangsta walk)
Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ίλη’π

View Profile Email

« Reply #30 on: 10/06/03 at 11:10:45 »
Quote Quote

Good idea too i rekon
IP Logged

Dunkler_Engel/Healer/Cylena/Kalee/Tolv/Meadow/Charisma/Dark_Elfen_One/Emerge/ + A lot more
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 10/06/03 at 18:59:51 »
Quote Quote

on 09/27/03 at 22:54:21, Epic wrote:
I havnt had a chance to see the highest smite on a person but..

You attempted to smite a Hedge Minion but failed and caused 559 points of damage.

smite needs to hit more often doesnt it  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 10/06/03 at 23:58:11 »
Quote Quote

1004 Smiley
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 10/07/03 at 06:55:10 »
Quote Quote

Lol...I think for relative figures to be stated. It would be better to attack a standard monster. I would say a Demonic Soldier, because they have nice. The problem with this is that Dwarf get an attack bonus underground.

I am assuming you did the 1000+ in the Swamp with a Torch?
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 10/26/03 at 07:04:54 »
Quote Quote

.... think this topic is a perfect example of why you shouldn't use a crit that cannot use mods or armor to duel a dexed up halfling ranger...the point isnt that it shoudl never hit, but that it wouldnt hit that often.

kill or miss seems extremely dumb to me, sorry.

and uhh..a note...rancid (w/o enhance i know, and was suppose to be w/o any spells at all..which i believe) 1 clicked my arch dwarf cleric gaddy (w/o holy might on so he was on 18 dex, w/ 322hp i think)..csotw was on him..but honestly i could beat arch rangers w/ Gaddy at lvl 24 w/o having them round me...or very rarely...at begining of expert.

so ya...maybe if you take some stuff that isnt such awkward info..i mean..what you just showed was a spelled ranger (RF makes them hit more) and an unspelled zerker...thats not very fair info...i mean really, it isnt at all.

Smite misses quite a bit but using spells makes them hit more and maybe hitting less often is why smite takes less hp than berserk?
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #35 on: 10/26/03 at 19:29:26 »
Quote Quote

Well, as far as not hitting enough, I think you guys are all on crack. Not regular crack either. It's like crack that's high on acid that's high on shrooms. Then to top it off, we say +3. They shouldn't even be hitting as much as they do now because they hit extremely hard. I would say they are a lot easier to level than Fighters and Thieves (not power training). Freaking level 22's can hit monsters for 300+ unspelled regularly. Level 22! You all should be happy they hit as much as they do Tongue
IP Logged

Omniscient
USA 

99547779 99547779     EvilHaxor42
View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 11/04/03 at 06:46:29 »
Quote Quote

Ok I just read this post and I just thought I would respond... I have a lv 27 dwarf zerk, and lately i've been using him a lot fighting other players, whether it be pking or moshes or dueling someone in the clan house arena, and his smite so far in all the fights I've done misses less than half of the time, and does even better against monsters, so I haven't really seen a problem with smite.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 11/04/03 at 15:11:12 »
Quote Quote

I dunno, but my zerker is like an impossibility or something... 48 stamina in a row berserking the other day he hit every time... I was drooling so much its not even funny
IP Logged

Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 11/04/03 at 15:36:18 »
Quote Quote

Monster or player? Was he buffed?
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
PsychotikKnight

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 12/04/03 at 23:21:13 »
Quote Quote

I find the Zerks Smite fine as it is, sure it misses and it that case you dont use it Tongue I miss with it and I have a rather low level Human Zerk but I still do around 100+ dmg ( which for a level 15 isnt the worse possible ) and well I guess Zerks are seemed overpowered by ppl who lose against them but we could say that against every class ( except pacifist ) that kills you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.