Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - berserkers »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/29/24 at 16:40:23

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Berserker Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   berserkers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: berserkers  (Read 1866 times)
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

Re: berserkers
« Reply #20 on: 03/05/03 at 14:09:59 »
Quote Quote

on 03/04/03 at 20:00:49, Silverwizard wrote:
Orcs were Tolkien. He thought of them originally as big goblins but in Lord Of The Rings Treebeard states that ents are like trolls the same way that orcs are like elves by that orcs were tortured and twisted by Sauron (or his old boss (read The Silmarilian))

i have....and many more besides.....im kind of a tolkien scholar/nut. although ive never found any information on the origin of orcs(ie: who came up with the idea....i know tolkeins history of them). now givin the fact that i have read so much of tolkien and about tolkien, i think i would have heard something about him being the first one to come up with the idea....but i havent.....which is why i doubt it so much.

edit: saurons boss.....morgoth.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: 03/05/03 at 16:18:26 »
Quote Quote

on 03/05/03 at 01:50:03, Deval wrote:
Silverwizards thinking would dictate that David Bowie was the creator of the famous Goblin *shakes his head*

Heee!

That soundtrack is great.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: 03/05/03 at 18:58:19 »
Quote Quote

wow valetine that's about the first time i c you make a useless and short post :d (are you sick or something because you never do that and the song sucks major a$$)
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: 03/05/03 at 21:23:46 »
Quote Quote

No, I was just overcome by the thought of Bowie as the Goblin King. Besides, you don't hear many Labyrinth references these days...

...and now you've made me post another pointless entry. Not that it matters...I'm fairly sure my ratio of pointless to pointful (?) is still more reasonable than most here.  Tongue

Now excuse me while I dance magic dance...
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.