Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - 6 Stamina »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 00:39:36

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Berserker Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   6 Stamina
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 6 Stamina  (Read 2175 times)
Blade

Email

Re: 6 Stamina
« Reply #20 on: 02/24/03 at 19:55:32 »
Quote Quote

It seems they have 6 stamina, and they get it at level 27 (Thats what Wyvern says anyway)
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #21 on: 02/25/03 at 05:20:39 »
Quote Quote

i knew all along they did, you can tell by when they originally get 2 stamina and 3rd...but maybe showing disapproval by people, they will get lowered to 5
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 02/25/03 at 06:36:43 »
Quote Quote

I also feel it semi-makes the fighter class useless...this is like a fighter, can use all of the fighter weapons, but it has tons more hp...tons people...the main class people use for fighters as i have noticed is dwarf...and same for berserkers..so theres no type of dex problem...they cant have armor..thats a pain..but they get up to 500 hp i bet you money they do...and that does make the armor issue kinda out there because of how much more damage they can take...my crits have never been hit for over 75ish by any other crits...so they with 350 (about max) for a fighter would die from 5 of those rapid fired....but a berserker would live i belive...which makes it better...and then you have smite which seems to me is stronger than assass by theif, and berserk which is also pretty much rapid fire...and they can up str when fighting monsters that you dont miss often...i feel they may just be a bit too strong...but i like the class...fighters just need something special about them  Wink
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Thenobleone
USA 

Razanon in game.

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 02/25/03 at 12:03:57 »
Quote Quote

Remember the major down fall of this clas that distiguishes them from fighters is the fact they don't get armor.  That is the reason for the HP being up so high.
IP Logged

Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED !!!!!!!!!!!
Blade

Email

« Reply #24 on: 02/25/03 at 12:06:29 »
Quote Quote

Doesn't really mean much.. i've seen a level 20 zerker take down archies
IP Logged
Prophet
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 02/25/03 at 13:16:18 »
Quote Quote

yeh I've seen that aswell
 Smiley
IP Logged

www.nightmist-can-die.com - go go go!
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #26 on: 02/25/03 at 16:35:42 »
Quote Quote

I wouldn't see that as something to smile about....though, I did just shut down someone who thought they were all that and attacked me. 3 adept Berserkers, and expert franger, and an adept cleric. I had 2 expert fighters, an expert pally, expert mage, and adept cleric. it took me 5 rounds, which in that time, they should have all been dead, but 1 ran. so they aren't completely un-beatable, but one of them was being annoying and smiting me for 200
IP Logged
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: 02/25/03 at 16:43:55 »
Quote Quote

It would seem that the lack of armor is a non-issue, given that they have so many more hitpoints (from what I've read...I won't play a berserker until at least one tweak is done to the class because I hate having my "work" taken away). By giving them an extra 150 or so hitpoints, the lack of armor is cancelled out because you are essentially giving them what they would have if they could wear armor.

Hmm..not sure I'm describing this effectively...

Armor essentially "saves" your hit points, letting you last longer in battle. By giving berserkers more hp, the same effect is accomplished.

For the lack of armor to be an issue, their hp needs to be "normal"...as in, somewhere around fighter range. Then the disadvantage of no armor really is a disadvantage. The high damage rate would then be the counteracting advantage.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 02/25/03 at 19:20:11 »
Quote Quote

I am in agreement with Val.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #29 on: 02/26/03 at 01:29:33 »
Quote Quote

me too
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: 02/28/03 at 04:40:41 »
Quote Quote

Goddam Valentine is the person in this thread we have been needing to post the whole time... The extra hp makes up for the loss of armour.  

FACT:They are fighters, only better.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Catastrophe

Email

« Reply #31 on: 02/28/03 at 08:15:44 »
Quote Quote

I agree with what Val said, But level 20 berserkers taking out Archies? isnt that a BIT, wrong.
IP Logged
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: 02/28/03 at 17:22:45 »
Quote Quote

No class should be able to one-round anyone else within (at least) 5 levels except thieves. The berserker's smite and ranger's rapid fire are just alternatives for assassinate, and it would appear smite is much more effective (rangers have been altered so many times I can't keep track of what their damage is).

That's just silly. Assassinate should be a feature that is unique to thieves.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 02/28/03 at 20:19:59 »
Quote Quote

Assass is far more effective.. i tried with a l18 theif and l18 zerker, both dwarf with perfect fighting skills, no rage or stat enhancers, all attacks done on the orc

Thief hits 90% of time, damage around 90 but can be as low as 30

Zerker hits 25% of time, for about 100-140 damage (remember zerker has the pike thief only has a golden)

As for berserk, it does about 10 extra damage per hit but costs that in hp loss, and only hits about once in every five attacks.

I tend to use the normal berzerker attack, hits more often than not and does decent damage
IP Logged
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #34 on: 02/28/03 at 23:19:19 »
Quote Quote

I could be wrong but having trained both dwarf thieves and a berserker, I would disagree with the values you stated; In my opinion dwarf thieves hit a lot less than 90% and berserkers a hell of a lot more than 25%, at level 18.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: 03/01/03 at 14:42:18 »
Quote Quote

i didn't read all post but i say 5 stam is enough Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: 03/01/03 at 14:45:14 »
Quote Quote

ooh i did read val's first post and i agree with that too so i'm going for less hp or less stam :d
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #37 on: 03/04/03 at 07:45:22 »
Quote Quote

on 02/28/03 at 20:19:59, Alicia wrote:
Assass is far more effective.. i tried with a l18 theif and l18 zerker, both dwarf with perfect fighting skills, no rage or stat enhancers, all attacks done on the orc

Thief hits 90% of time, damage around 90 but can be as low as 30

Zerker hits 25% of time, for about 100-140 damage (remember zerker has the pike thief only has a golden)

As for berserk, it does about 10 extra damage per hit but costs that in hp loss, and only hits about once in every five attacks.

I tend to use the normal berzerker attack, hits more often than not and does decent damage

25% means they would hit 1 in 4 attacks. And my lvl 23 thief with 4 stamina and 21 str and crystal knife does 90 damage with assainate, i've never done 90 damage at lvl 18 to a player. *maybe this is just my 2 thieves though* Anyways, i've dueled zerkers, and they hit about 75% of the time
IP Logged
Zerlix

Are you sure you wanna meet me on a dark night?

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 03/12/03 at 03:11:53 »
Quote Quote

ditto
IP Logged

«¤¥ðu WøulÐñ† §â¥ †hä† Îƒ ï HåÐ â GuѤ»
Tanis

Camp Kill Yourself

NM+Tanis
View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 03/23/03 at 15:59:46 »
Quote Quote

Okay, time for my input.

I own a level 30 zerker, 5 stat, best HP in game as far as I know.

I use berserk on people because smite has a high miss rate, I've missed up to 10+ times in duels, and ended up getting smoked rather easy.

With berserk, you lose 25 HP a go, and with the loss of HP, not only are you getting hit for 70s like a monster, but you're also losing HP just from attacking the opponent. Today, I thought I'd take a gander and try and round a lvl 26 or 27 ranger, figuring "Hey, a lvl 19 can round a 30, a lvl 30 can round a 26!" Needless to say, I was wrong. I clicked and the zerker misses 4/6, and then I got hit by a thief, ranger, and fighter. I ended up stam tricking him, which was my only way to win, and had to run. I had a loss of over 600 HP before that time was up. *Thank god for pots*

Needless to say, smite hits rarely, and when it does, it's just like assassinate, it can hit for very low, or very high.

As for berserk, it's sacrifice is deadly, and if you don't know what to do, or how to play a berserker effectively, you're screwed. 18 dex isn't the highest a berserker can get, but it's a nice stat for them. Not only do I miss a lot, I also seem to get hit a lot more, and harder.

Now tell me, if I can barely round a lvl 26-27 ranger with 8 stamina, why should we lose a stam, or have to suffer even MORE damage to ourselves?
IP Logged

You know what makes me happy?
The things that make you sad.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.