• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

You are in the still-smoking ruins of a burned-out farmhouse. Ash swirls around you, whipped by the wind that now blows freely through the stone husk in which you stand. A small birdcage lies on the floor, blackened by smoke and twisted by heat. You shudder as your thoughts turn to the farmer - you hope that he has gone to market, and has escaped the fiery death that engulfed his home. You can leave the smouldering ruins of the farmhouse in any direction.

/examine

You find an iron box under a blackened beam. Beneath the box lie the remains of an old notebook. You carefully collect the few charred pages that still retain some of their readability.

You went North.

You are walking on a desolate hillside. Tough grass clings tightly to the ground, roots holding firm against the winds that threaten to lift you clean off your feet. A solitary tree, bowed but not broken, trembles in the near distance. There is a sharp cliff blocking your passage to the North and East; you may continue West or South.

[[fast forward]]

You smash through the ancient seal and into the cavern beyond.
You are standing in a vast underground chamber. As you look around, you see that it is more than just a cavern - the walls are adorned with scriptings and faded murals; and the floor is smooth, beneath the rubble and decay that time has wrought here.

/examine

You painstakingly remove the rubble from the central dais. Once cleared, the pattern of five white dragons that was engraved on the seal becomes clear.

Not going to go into more detail because I wouldn't want to give anything away :P
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#2 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:05 AM

Intriguing...

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#3 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

Seems sexy.

You must keep a notepad of alot of random Nightmist writings you've made for god knows how many different kinds of areas, righttt?

I do x.x

#4 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:06 AM

Actually no. I have a huge notepad document with my 15,000 square area in it. Other than that, I mostly just write snippets on here. Other than that, it's all in my head.

Edit: mostly it's all about kings and queens and dragons and ancient myths and battles and legends and lost worlds and stuff. You know, the usual :P

Edited by Raylen, 30 April 2009 - 09:07 AM.

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users