• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

Basically, I propose the development of an entire new continent, somewhere far to the south of Silversail. There should be numerous towns, cities, areas, monsters, natives, bosses and above all uber items :ph34r:

It would be nice if you could create a second "Nightmist" if you like - and give level 1 characters a choice of starting places - nm or Continent X. (all this would require is an extra teleport button in the tutorial section) I would make this continent a harsher environment; but one that contains more opportunities during the lower levels.

This separation of starting places could be the beginnings of an alignment system for nightmist - the good guys start in nm, the bad kids out in the wilderness, where they become brutalised by their surroundings. Continent X cannot be left before level 25.

I would personally develop this continent with an Amazonian feel to it - jungles and rivers, with mysterious temples and ruins and all sorts. Widely-dispersed towns and trading posts make their money buying and selling exotic goods to the rich and powerful. Foreigners (i.e. people coming by boat from silversail) are welcome, provided they bring gold, although in some more remote parts they will be eaten alive...

The continent would most definitely be explore-able by solo players.

Supported ;)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#2 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

You already know how I feel on this subject matter! :ph34r:

Any general idea that supports a new land is good in my book.

This would obviously take a lot of time and with all the new areas, mobs and items - some seriously focus would be needed to keep everything balanced. Regardless, I am a supporter of change.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#3 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

Thanks. I would mainly like to see areas where the focus is not on killing etc...but rather on exploration.

And there's no reason why a few items wouldn't be the same - a machete is pretty much the same anywhere - but weapons like the Halberd might find themselves taking on different forms.

#4 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:17 PM

For the Horde!
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#5 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

Yes plz. . .
Autek in game.

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:57 AM

To have an alignment system, you'd need players to roleplay--or something close enough to it.
And...a new continent would be rather odd to develope for low levels. Low levels aren't focused on by NM players much at all, so creating TONS of stuff for them isn't really very beneficial.

An interesting concept though, creating a low-level Tirantek---with more towns.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:05 AM

Unsupported.

I had similiar ideas before but it's really not right time in nightmist developement for this.
Player base is already split between two servers what everyone seems to agree was extremely bad decision. There is no need at all to split it farther on same server into "old" and "new" continent citizens. A new player who happen to pick the new continent for his start place who wonder alone for hours (more likely days) till he see another living soul - he would probably get bored and quit the game before that.

Edited by Sleeping, 21 May 2008 - 04:06 AM.

Does not play well with others.

#8 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:16 AM

1a coming out was for the better. More players wanted to play on 1 alt than be forced to play a large party to be able to experience the game. That's why there are consistently many more players on 1a than on main.

The map is small enough now that everything someone can get to is little more than a few minutes walk maybe, outside of getting keys or requiring large parties. The game is boring now. The only way to spice it up is via new areas and quests to perk people's interest again. Sorry, the event experiment with Tecton has done absolutely nothing to perk interest in the game.

I don't know about different starting points, but entirely new continents would be cool for players to migrate to and call their homeland. Similarly to moving from Myronment to Epiach in Revelation. . . I think those are the town names anyways, it's been ages.

Edited by Autek, 21 May 2008 - 04:18 AM.

Autek in game.

#9 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:43 AM

No, the 1a server wasn't a good idea. The player-base as said is split between two servers, which I've been hearing alot of "it's rediculous," referring to that server and no, not just from people on Multi. The economy of Nightmist is currently large enough. We don't need to say double the size. It's a nice suggestion, I do like the idea, but say a clan wished to run a boss and needed all the current clan members on to go, yet you've got people in NM, and people in "Continent X." Do you really think you're going to get them all back to NM for a boss, especially if one or two just got there and exploring the area? It'd spread the economy out too wide I believe.

Nice idea tho! I do like it, just.... Yeh...

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#10 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

There is no need at all to split it farther on same server into "old" and "new" continent citizens.

The splitting isn't entirely necessary, but is an interesting thought.

I would like to have a new continent with a number of towns that I can go and explore with my existing characters, rather than having to create a new character to do so.

Alignment is easily possible without forcing people to role-play it. I'll expand on this when I think of a suitable system that requires no coding...lol...

#11 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:52 PM

Alignment is easily possible without forcing people to role-play it. I'll expand on this when I think of a suitable system that requires no coding...lol...

lol, <3
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users