About The War...

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 03:07 AM

I was wondering what sort of Enemies we can hope to encounter during the course of the battles? Will Arilin, with its rangers and druids call animals to the fight on their side? And will Harabec, with their superior army, have all sorts of knights and soldiers fighting the monsters of Arilin?
Also, will there be any surprise visitors that will take advantage of the war?
(ie. a monster kills the king during a battle, or a dragon burns Arilin to the ground.) (the dragon was just the first thing that came to mind)
Also, will players be able to try to find the people who instigated the war?

Just some questions I had about the announcement.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#2 Pwent

Pwent
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 03:10 AM

:) ......
Or will all the monsters sit on a square waiting to die, or follow someone running around for a couple squares, and then respawn?
Or will all the as of yet unseen armies of the cities continue to hide and do absolutely nothing as we all go about killing monsters who never invade the cities and then let the respawn and kill them again?
Ah the drama.
Stupid people hate me. Something about constantly proving them wrong I guess.

#3 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 07:02 AM

Pwent, drop the attitude buddy, we dont need that nuts here.
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#4 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 07:20 AM

firstly, i don't even know where the hell Harabec is. haha :)

Anyway, Arilin all the way...

#5 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:29 AM

Harabec will totally pwn Arilin, i'm joining them for the potential chance of looting a certain clan house that may be located in the town of Arilin :)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#6 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 01:06 PM

Harabec will totally pwn Arilin, i'm joining them for the potential chance of looting a certain clan house that may be located in the town of Arilin :)

WAIT, IM JOINING HARABEC lol. somebody would have to give me a lift though.

#7 Guest_Angelus_*

Guest_Angelus_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:42 PM

Yea makes sense....two towns fighting against eachother...what happened to race vs race?

Just asking, i still find it a cool idea...

#8 dec

dec
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:13 PM

im thinking about joining arilin it sounds soo much cool being a mercenary
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poem write you!

Belzabar in-game

#9 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:17 PM

Yea makes sense....two towns fighting against eachother...what happened to race vs race?

Eh? What do you mean, it makes no sense? Sure it does. Humans are always killing each other... if you actually payed attention to the real world you would know that.

Anyway, it looks like a good idea. Pity I don't have any characters to use :)

#10 Guest_Angelus_*

Guest_Angelus_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:26 PM

First off, i don't know if you noticed but not every crit is human...

Also in every fantasy book or whatever race battles against race (orcs vs human etc). Doesn't make sense with so much danger lurking everywhere that 2 towns will battle against eachother, while the goblins are stealing your babies.

#11 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:30 PM

First off, i don't know if you noticed but not every crit is human...

What difference does that make? The HUMAN towns are fighting. None of the other races matter.

Also in every fantasy book or whatever race battles against race (orcs vs human etc). Doesn't make sense with so much danger lurking everywhere that 2 towns will battle against eachother, while the goblins are stealing your babies.

No. Don't say 'every fantasy book' when that isn't true. One thing that annoys me is people making up facts to help prove them right. It may not make much sense, but I have read it happen quite a few times.

Edited by Malavon, 21 April 2004 - 05:34 PM.

#12 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:48 PM

You've been ill informed. In simple terms, those who join up with one city will fight the other city.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#13 Chewbob

Chewbob
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:51 PM

What if there are tons more people on one team?

#14 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:14 PM

What if there are tons more people on one team?

Then one would presume that the smaller team will lose ^^

Unless the smaller team is either more skilled and/or of higher levels.
Or the smaller team has better team and 'help my teammate' skills :)
A large team... won't necessarily have an advantage if they can't work together.

Edited by Charon, 21 April 2004 - 06:16 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#15 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:41 PM

You'll be further informed about those details come Saturday.

#16 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:10 PM

Don't worry so much, the teams will be even.

Meanwhile do what Stotic said..wait till Saturday for further instructions.
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#17 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:20 PM

Squee shook his head violently, letting his robe billow with a distinct sound.

"Stop it! Aw of you!" he shouted as loud as his tiny lungs would allow. He threw his staff to the ground, pulled the hood off his dressings and stared up with his child-like eyes.

"Stwop fwighting! ...You can't doo this! It's not wright! It dwoesn't matter what happened! Peopwel will be whort and killed! You havta stwop!" he cried out, his voice cracking and tears welling in his eyes.

Squee knew what was going on and it pained him to no extent.
Posted Image

#18 Oasis

Oasis
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:21 PM

Im excited =) Finally something non-boring happening in nightmist what has it all came too!

Go Stotic you da man!

#19 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:26 PM

oh that figures.a quest when i cant log on nm :@
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#20 Fossae

Fossae
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:09 PM

I dunno if this will be explained but what will happen to the losing side? Will the town be destroyed like Jahanna or will the loser just be put under the winners claim?
I live to work. I live to save. I live to sacrifice. I live to die.

#21 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:27 PM

If you think I'm about to put my latest wonderful construction (Harabec) into a group of players' hands then you have yourself fooled! You'll see what "goes down."

#22 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:39 PM

You'll see what "goes down."

alot of experience points by the sounds of it

#23 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:40 PM

Im excited =) Finally something non-boring happening in nightmist what has it all came too!

Go Stotic you da man!

Ahem
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#24 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:44 PM

since Zephie became staff, nothing has ever been boring. lots of gold, free items, etc, and not to mention those free crits she gave me... wait... that was all a dream, sorry... carry on

#25 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:45 PM

If you think I'm about to put my latest wonderful construction (Harabec) into a group of players' hands then you have yourself fooled!  You'll see what "goes down."

So.. Stotic will be fighting for Harabec..

I got a game plan, Stotic goes in, kills everyone. We all follow 5 grids behind, grabbing what we can.

Go team Harabec!

Edited by alone, 21 April 2004 - 09:46 PM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#26 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:46 PM

i'm not playing anymore, give me the ball....

#27 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:09 PM

Nothin like suiting of up for the old school. (Considering I can be on. Knowing Nightmist I'll most likely be asleep :))

With a swagger and a grin Deval boastfully makes a show of his Blade of Time. Sheathing his blade he reaches for a shining helm to his right, adorned with two horns curving backwards across the surface of the helm, bearing the insignia of Arilin affixed to the front of the Helm above the brow. As his eyes flare red for an instant he chuckles,

"D'Monis never did mind a bit of merciless slaughter."
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#28 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:41 PM

:) ......
Or will all the monsters sit on a square waiting to die, or follow someone running around for a couple squares, and then respawn?
Or will all the as of yet unseen armies of the cities continue to hide and do absolutely nothing as we all go about killing monsters who never invade the cities and then let the respawn and kill them again?
Ah the drama.

sorry... just read your post....

STFU YOU mooseING no no word!!! IN EVERY ONE OF YOUR POSTS YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE GAME, PLAY SOMETHING ELSE AND STAY AWAY! :)

Edited by Zephie, 21 April 2004 - 10:53 PM.

#29 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:20 PM

So, Stotic, you are saying that only people will be fighting? I am just wondering if The players will have any say in what happens; or have you already planned it out and this war is just one big scam to try to make people lose EXP?!?!? If so, (exlpetive deleted) you for just being a two-bit scam artist with no goal in life but to sit in front of a computer and ROT!!!!! and to see others do the same.
I will only support the war if it meets certain criteria.

1. A war lasts for more than one day, so should this one.
2. There should be creatures taking part in the war, as any fantasy book reader will tell you, there are always creatures in Fantasy wars.
3. There should be a way to stop the war from continuing to its (guaranteed sad) ending.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#30 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:49 PM

So, Stotic, you are saying that only people will be fighting? I am just wondering if The players will have any say in what happens; or have you already planned it out and this war is just one big scam to try to make people lose EXP?!?!? If so, (exlpetive deleted) you for just being a two-bit scam artist with no goal in life but to sit in front of a computer and ROT!!!!! and to see others do the same.
I will only support the war if it meets certain criteria.

1. A war lasts for more than one day, so should this one.
2. There should be creatures taking part in the war, as any fantasy book reader will tell you, there are always creatures in Fantasy wars.
3. There should be a way to stop the war from continuing to its (guaranteed sad) ending.

Thank the gods wars aren't about the individual.
If you build it, they will come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users