ok i guess i no why. Everyone hates um
Mckay: I passed out from manly hunger

http://www.youtube.com/steam56

#2 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 06:55 PM

I find pacis are useless and fun if someone tries to kill them, LONG LIFE PACIFISTS!!!!!!! They are a good class and people just do not like them because they simply are not pkable and nice people two things nightmist seems to work against.

Edited by Silverwizard, 21 February 2004 - 06:57 PM.

Chairman of The Warriors of The Mist, The Great and Powerful Wizard

Skippy the Peanut Butter Fiend.

#3 Phobos

Phobos
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 06:58 PM

i don't see the point in this post, but here it comes anyways.

Pacifists were made to be roll-players. No pking, no pks against. Nothing. In my opinion, pacifists were made to help new players with gold, or getting a feel for different areas.

Originally, they were supposed to be used to stop PKing. Now, people are using it to get people to kill themselves, and abusing it at bosses. When lesser/greater pacting, it enables the pacifist to steal the undead kill, which isn't quite fair.
Question reality.
» Ïñtéñ§é ÐéåtH «
Temple - Phobos - Funeral

#4 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 06:58 PM

If you're refering to there being no post about suggested changes, I think it's cus Pacifist are fine as they are, and admin obviously feel the same. Where as the other classes are in constant interaction (in a more real way) with other classes, so need constant changes.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#5 Steam

Steam
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 08:00 PM

i like usng my pacifist for exploring mostly, and it is fun to let people round them selfs on you lol.
Mckay: I passed out from manly hunger

http://www.youtube.com/steam56

#6 Vanilla

Vanilla
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 08:17 PM

I like pacis... :)
There may be some doubt about a hell beyond the grave but there is no doubt about there being one on this side of it.
*Tidal in-game*

#7 Kalinya

Kalinya
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 09:18 PM

I like paci's too it's always nice to explore something and not worry about being pk'd. Not mention making good gold :)

#8 Phobos

Phobos
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 09:53 PM

... and dragging 5 monsters per square without killing them. that's what happens with scarabs.
Question reality.
» Ïñtéñ§é ÐéåtH «
Temple - Phobos - Funeral

#9 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:44 PM

Draggin can be good, i dragged a rel-thon into the grassy medow so i could kill it with my fighter :)

#10 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:14 PM

Draggin can be good, i dragged a rel-thon into the grassy medow so i could kill it with my fighter :)

Check Bahthius's monster kills. Done it afew times.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#11 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:45 AM

... and dragging 5 monsters per square without killing them. that's what happens with scarabs.

Well, thats why you have those healing/subdue spells... have someone who's running on crits that are up there.. who can actually attack.. kill them. I know a lot of paci's have died by those things and end up losing out on the gold and effort they put into the paci. The inconsiderate people who drag down arrowheads, thats even worse.

Edited by Vodka, 22 February 2004 - 04:46 AM.

When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#12 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:54 AM

I was training a Paci, and I fell asleep at the helm. Died and lost 250+k. Needless to say when I woke up in Boar's Tusk with no gold I was a little pissed...

Just thought I'd comment.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#13 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 05:11 AM

If I happen to decide to go afk... I either log... or subdue/gp myself... hoping I'll be back before it wears off. Or, I just simply log completely off... I can't say much for falling asleep at yer puter. :)
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#14 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 05:17 AM

I actually fell asleep while training.. It was like 9 in the morning and I was dead set on leveling the damn thing before I logged. Ended up costing me a pretty penny..

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#15 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, I fell asleep once too.. But thankfully I died of hunger (on the old system) and didn't drop a penny :) Yet I was sure I should have dropped my gold.. Oh well.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#16 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 02:22 PM

I tend to use my pacifist(Arilac) as a kind of spectator class more than anything. I rarely play, and PVP means nothing to me anymore, but with the pacifist I can still explore areas and interact in other ways with players, without having to get directly involved in whatever drama is going on.

#17 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:31 AM

pacis are an exellent newbie class or a good re-entry class for those that havent played in a while and just about everything about them makes sense. though only one thing disturbs me: people cant get it through their head what pacifism is and have a single-minded urge to kill everything that they see, and want desperately to kill a paci.

i say if they want to kill something that wont fight back let them.

there are rabbits just north of nightmist
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#18 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 09:49 PM

Pacifists are great fund-raisers for clans and are good for people who want to escape from being PKed for a while.

I find that they have to beg for gold quite a lot in the early stages, as they don't have enough firepower to take on skeletons and such. Europa, my Pacifist, was healing arena fighters and had to beg once to get the Salve spell, but once I got that spell, everything else was a piece of cake.

As for a Newbie class... only easy if they understand the concept of Undead monsters and the heal spell causing them harm. Otherwise, they're stuck!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#19 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 09:04 AM

yeah i remember when i started playing again i decided i would start with a pacifist and i remember someone giving me some gold so i could kill skeletons

ahh the good 'ol days (sigh)
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#20 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 08:38 PM

I think that the reason no people are posting suggestions is because they dont have a problem with them...

except for the occasional person who thinks they should be able to kill...

What the what?

#21 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 10:31 PM

I think Pacifists are fine as they are. Some players use them to avoid the PK-ing aspect of the game, which is fair enough, and other, more experienced players use them to raise funds for their clans. It's come to the point where I'm playing with Europa more than my other crits, even though I made Archmaster weeks ago!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#22 Repair_man_man_man

Repair_man_man_man
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:39 AM

I like using my pacifist. But there is one thing i don't understand. Why are they allowed to kill things that are already dead? We're killing Demonic Soldiers twice. Thats a double wammy!
I have seen the top of the Mountian, and It is good.

#23 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:09 AM

Demonic Soldiers are just souls that are twisted and tormented and basically pushed the brink of insanity...then shoved into the shell of some monster. If anything, Pacifists free these souls. (...Which is a good thing)

I know it's hard to visualize...but think how much it sucks to be undead. You can faintly remember being alive...but you can't remember half of what it was like. You can remember eating...and remember people and maybe a simple skill like shrewd fighting/swordsmanship or walking but, besides that, you're basically doomed to be dazed, confused and miserable for all eternity.

...I know if I were undead, I'd kill to be freed by a Pacifist (no pun intended).
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users