Keeping Exp/gold!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jester

Jester
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:33 PM

Okay... im getting kinda pissed at some other paci coming along just as my kill is at about 6hp.. and recieving all the gold/killing exp and deity. so i reckon if he kills it when i've done more damage it shud say something like:

"Some_loner cast Depurate Undead on a Demonic Soldier damaging it by 85 points of damage, Killing it."

"You recieve 151 gold, and your Deity grants you 18 mp for doing the most damage."

HHAHA in your face Some_loner...

Not the exact message but you get the idea :) post your thoughts...

Edited by Jester, 03 March 2004 - 08:34 PM.

- ¢õN§tïpå±ëÐ gërßil

#2 Nocturnal

Nocturnal
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:48 PM

I agree, Should be only restricted to Pacifists however.

BUT the opposite should happen too, If a Pacifist nicks the kill, your deity gives the gold to the person who did the most work.
Daffy

#3 Jester

Jester
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:59 PM

Yah i don't think it's a good idea for all classes to have that... cos a mage and a zerker.. massive damage difference/stamina.. (just for eg).
- ¢õN§tïpå±ëÐ gërßil

#4 Jester

Jester
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:05 PM

JLH better view this...
- ¢õN§tïpå±ëÐ gërßil

#5 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:48 PM

This is just silly.
Just go somewhere else if they're bothering you that much.. Or.. Log off (wait, sorry.. I forgot, you're at one with your machine (I am at least)).

They steal very little of the total exp, it's pointless.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#6 The_Final_Climax

The_Final_Climax
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:42 PM

Never really had that much of a problem. Most paci's skip past to find another mosnter to take on, not really a problem anywhere but the tunnles. Bats spawn fast enough, and there is enough art to go around. However, you may have some jerk just following you to steal the kill? I've never seen that before, but I guess it would be decent if your looking to conserve mp, and wanting just gold. But for the most part, only some total idiot would do that. Anyways. Don't see any real need for JLH to look into this. And making a system such as so would maybe cause more harm than good. If someone strolls along to a monster that doesn't heal itself (not sure if undead do, always kill them when I come across =p) and a previous paci had got it to mort, and you kill it. You get no gold or mp/hp, and they do. So in theory you could simply run around, bringing undead creatures down to more than half hp, and letting someone else do the work, and you still make profits. I only see harm coming from such as that.
Deceive or be Deceived. Thus, Flourish or Perish.

Eesha ingame.

#7 Jester

Jester
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:53 PM

yah but it would be so the rule didnt apply if you left the square....
- ¢õN§tïpå±ëÐ gërßil

#8 The_Final_Climax

The_Final_Climax
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:08 PM

Well then. Put it up on the sugestions page. :) Make sure its easy to understand, or ya' might get flamed..dunno why that happens so much.

Eesha ingame.

#9 Jester

Jester
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:24 PM

i suspect boredom has something to do with it.. i only suggested it cos i dont have loads of money and im stingy about mana :) dont think its worth putting on there
- ¢õN§tïpå±ëÐ gërßil

#10 The_Final_Climax

The_Final_Climax
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:41 PM

=p off topic. I just want to say how much I hate when you leave your pacie on afk, and someone drags abunch of scarabs up, a fighting class party. And they get stuck on your square, and make you lose $$$ :)

Eesha ingame.

#11 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 09:23 AM

=p off topic. I just want to say how much I hate when you leave your pacie on afk, and someone drags abunch of scarabs up, a fighting class party. And they get stuck on your square, and make you lose $$$ :)

Log off?
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#12 Jester

Jester
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:29 PM

lol yah.... i'd never leave my paci with scarabs there - ??
- ¢õN§tïpå±ëÐ gërßil

#13 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 05:46 PM

Bad idea. Deal with the ks'ing.

Westcoast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users