Wild Idea!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:40 AM

So here’s a wild idea I’ve been dreaming up. . .

It’s apparent that these days everyone is far more civil with each other than they have been in the past. The multi-clan bossing and token runs have been happening lately as well, with everyone realizing and being okay with the fact that we all need to work together to get things done anymore. If we’re to continue getting things done with any regularity, this is the sort of team work we need to continue!

What I propose is that everyone merge into a single clan, which will certainly forward this positive momentum we have going. Most all of us have been in the same clan with one another at some point in our Nightmist histories, and if it worked at one point there shouldn’t be any insurmountable reasons it couldn’t again in this day and age.
I know there are some glaring difficulties that would come of it, or at least that would have to be dealt with, listed below:

Foundership. I know there is distrust between a handful of people that may never be undone. The largest concern would likely lie in someone seeing training locations. Also, passwords to vaults could be changed. A remedy for this would be to have founders be elected by new members. I think with essentially a server wide vote would elect the most trustworthy and accomplished founders and overcome any bias. As far as the number of founders (and leaders for that matter) go, it would have to be determined later.

Clan Rooms (Vaults). Many people hold vaults in other clans, and in some cases a number of vaults. Members might be reluctant to leave their vaults behind and deal with the hassle of logging on alts to access vaults and transfer items. I’ve got a radical idea to remedy this towards the bottom of the post.

Past Differences. As well as the server’s active players have been getting along lately, there are still some people who may decide they are sworn enemies with others until the bitter end. There is really no remedy for getting past this issue, aside from everyone just wiping the slate clean and agreeing with one another to let bygones be bygones.

Now for the benefits:

Boss runs at will! With an average player base of 8-14 players on during normal hours, nearly all of the regular bosses could be taken down with regularity. Even the more difficult ones would take no more than a couple days to have the number of people required online to be successful.

Tokens as soon as they’re needed! Right now, it seems each clan is tailored more for certain token runs, while being somewhat weak at others. With everyone together every token run will be possible with relative ease for those who need it.

Mass training! Training in parties is always more entertaining in a party rather than sitting there by yourself mindlessly wandering and hitting over and over and over. With everyone together it won’t be difficult to find a training buddy or even a number of people to go train on tougher, higher yielding mobs. Often times there might be a cleric online too, to keep spells up for melee hitters.

More intricate and difficult challenges will come! With the cooperation of everyone together, the player base will be strong enough to conquer the tough areas. Staff will be far more willing to develop areas when they know that the players will welcome the challenge and be capable of completing it. In the past new areas have been introduced and they’ve gone largely untouched because the squabbling between the enemy clans and lack of people getting together to complete them.

Increased trade! While this would likely only be a minor improvement over what we have now, characters and items for sale could be advertised to essentially everyone online through clan chat. Sure we have the forum to get the word out on and random pages, but often times it doesn’t reach everyone. Have something to sell? Looking to buy something? If there’s a trade partner out there, it wouldn’t take long to find them.

Wealth of Knowledge! With everyone together, it wouldn’t be difficult to find someone who knows the ins and outs of a class you’ve wanted to try out, the NPC to find for crafting a new item, the ideal places to gold or XP for a given class, and just about anything else a person might want to know.

Clan Events/Moshes! With the large number of people in a single clan, it wouldn’t be difficult at all to put together regular ‘in house’ festivities for gold, a donated item, or just plain old bragging rights! Regular moshes and duels of all varieties would be easy to organize. Trivia and Russian Roulette would be other possibilities. We could take weekly volunteers to run said events each week, or alternate. However we decided to do it, it would surely be a success!

Now it’s obvious that in my mind the good that would come of this certainly outweighs the bad. From what I’ve seen on the server in recent weeks I think that a lot of people would agree at least in part. But how does this go about becoming a reality? I would propose a new clan being formed, but with the aid of staff that has never been granted before.

What if staff allowed a merger between all of the clans to be a merger not only between the players but the clan houses as well. Cooperation at this level will have never been attained before, and a more positive step never been taken for the betterment of the server. While a bit radical, the following idea might actually be possible with the backing of staff!

Say Pandemonium, Manifest Destiny, and ÕÇÇîÐü$ ÐÌV̧Ēs clan houses were allowed to merge under a new clan. And I don’t mean each and every clan room. The new clan house would only require a single morph change room, pub, sex change room, clan bank, kitchen, etc. etc. Many of these, if not all of them, are currently in each of the three clan houses. The only clan rooms that would be allowed to be merged would be up to one of the rooms which only one is really necessary, clan vaults, arena squares, and the bare minimum amount of ‘hallway’ rooms to connect everything. The byproduct would be a clan house that functions no better than any of those from which it came, everyone still owning their own vaults they invested in in their prior clans, and lastly a potentially large arena to hold clan events in! Also, the colored clan name would be an awesome heirloom from the Manifest Destiny clan! There would still be some disparity between the cost of each room from the previous clans and the true cost of this merged house if it were built traditionally, but there would still be a net loss of clan rooms overall and again for the betterment of the game. Of course all of this would have to be approved by the owners of these clans.

There are still a couple loose ends that would need to be tied up, one of which would be a clan name, and the other a chairman.

As for a clan name, I think a good fitting one would be Ex Unitate Vires, which is latin meaning “From Unity, Strength”. Again in cool colors passed down from MD!

For a Chairman, I think the safest bet would be to have a staff member, preferably someone deemed neutral such as Stig. It would serve some stability in that founders elected would stay elected and not be removed without reason by a rogue person. It would also probably be necessary if staff were to go out on the limb and help us out with the house/name colors merger.

This became much longer winded than in initially anticipated, but I wholeheartedly believe that this can be single biggest and positive step in the server’s history. I appreciate you taking the time to read through this, and showing your support or constructive criticism!
Autek in game.

#2 Sarah

Sarah
  • Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

I think this is an excellent, progressive idea. However, allow me to point out a couple glaring flaws.

1) You can't force everyone to get along.
There are, in my mind, still a handful of players that would be completely opposed to the idea of cooperating with the entire server, and would never join. Namely, the people that enjoy pking.

2) When you get people into a clan together than don't trust/like one another, you will quickly have chaos on your hands.
What happens when someone gives a location out? What happens when there are arguments on randoming rules? When certain people exclude others? Usually negative behavior is punishable by removal. If everyone is in the clan, how can you get rid of a few bad apples? And who would dole out the punishment?

I am in full support of putting the past behind us, "clearing the slate," working together and being more active as a whole. I would even personally clear my (extensive) ignorepc list. I just think that the attitudes and egos of the playerbase would not allow it.

Corinne in-game.

#3 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Don't like the idea either... If the server keeps up the social behavior a world chat might be a good idea, and a common "clan house" in nightmist that you pay 50k to become a member of for randoming and mosh events ect...
Apocalypto

#4 Woodstock

Woodstock
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

No thank you.
When life slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls.

Lappa/Woodstock on Multi
Dubs/Cold on 1a

#5 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

I think this is an excellent, progressive idea. However, allow me to point out a couple glaring flaws.

1) You can't force everyone to get along.
There are, in my mind, still a handful of players that would be completely opposed to the idea of cooperating with the entire server, and would never join. Namely, the people that enjoy pking.

2) When you get people into a clan together than don't trust/like one another, you will quickly have chaos on your hands.
What happens when someone gives a location out? What happens when there are arguments on randoming rules? When certain people exclude others? Usually negative behavior is punishable by removal. If everyone is in the clan, how can you get rid of a few bad apples? And who would dole out the punishment?

I am in full support of putting the past behind us, "clearing the slate," working together and being more active as a whole. I would even personally clear my (extensive) ignorepc list. I just think that the attitudes and egos of the playerbase would not allow it.

Pk's are few and far between these days. It seems to me that all these events lately have satisfied the PvP needs of most people, and in clan nightly moshes etc. would all but satisfy the blood thirst in my opinion.

Location issues wouldn't be a problem with everyone in the same clan, and nonexistent if there were no founders like Terron mentioned below (which the more I think about it the more I think it would be a good idea to dispell any distrust). 100% full random each and every drop between everyone in the party. Simplest and fairest way to handle that. As far as bad apples go, people can /ignorepc them, turn off clan chat, or simply ignore the conflict until the storm blows over, you know, like grownups lol.

no thanks ill just add a lvl 10 alt

edit:unless ofcourse youre gunna buy me the 17 vaults that are in my ch?and there is 0 founders

That was the reason I mentioned clan vaults being transferred:

The only clan rooms that would be allowed to be merged would be up to one of the rooms which only one is really necessary, clan vaults, arena squares, and the bare minimum amount of ‘hallway’ rooms to connect everything.

It was getting late, I was getting tired, and a few shots didn't help things. I apologize for it not being all that clear. I meant for example one morph change shop, one sauna, one pub, etc. Then vaults would all be transferred along with arena squares. I do like the idea of no founders though the more I think about it. Only thing with that would be that there is a need for someone to give clan positions really. That could be taken care of by the chair, whom I thought ideally would be Stig.

I realize this would take a big leap of faith from everyone involved, but it really could work if everyone agreed to grow up and move on from the past. If we keep going in the same direction we are now, while it is positive, we'll be grouping for a trip to the dungeon or similar tiered bosses maybe once a week, and the boredom will continue to snowball. There's no doubt there would be more grouping if everyone were together in the same clan. Sure everyone can page one another and get something together, but realistically it doesn't and isn't going to happen near as often as it would if everyone were in the same clan.
Autek in game.

#6 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

If the server keeps up the social behavior a world chat might be a good idea

I do like the sound of that

I like the sound of all the PB in one clan.

Why not just get shut of clans? and make a world chat.

but then they'll say.."You got friend chat".
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#7 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

I think this would be a great idea.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#8 Arsenal

Arsenal
  • Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

nice troll alan. too many egotists
-

#9 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:28 AM