Pandemonium

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

The Pandemonium, ranked 1, with score 2340, consists of 365 members and 29 rooms:

We have been doing this for a long time now. Some people come, and go, and come and go, but for the most part, our core group of clannies get the job done.

We welcome some new people, and disallow others, but that is our choice. We do no recruite players, they seem to flock towards us wanting to join.

We have alot of fun, sometimes group bossing, group pking, or just sitting around doing absolutely nothing.

Sometimes we piss and moan at each other, but that is what happens in a big family.

We encourage pking alot, and cheer at everyones conquest. We have each others backs at the drop of a dime.

Messing with one member will get the whole clan on you, sorry.

We scout for pks alot, and if the scout can not hit the character they come accross, info is relayed and pretty bright colors show up in clan chat a few moments later.

We do not have a huge set of rules, or even a doctrine to follow.

We do get lazy alot, and sometimes we sit around waiting to level.

Overall, we just do....and this is why we succeed.

BTW, WE have been around for a long time, and others have tried to duplicate us alot, but never have done it just right.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#2 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

Can I join???

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#3 Omnipotence

Omnipotence
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

I would like to add my personal experience with trying to join Pande. Toward the time I started playing again my sharer and I attempted to join. We had 2 lvl30+ characters, we can navigate every area ingame, we are fairly knowledgable and helpful. Here is the response we got:

Pande character:"U both suck"
Pande character:"U will never join pande"
Pande character:"U are noobs"

This is insulting, I am glad we ended up in DA and am glad we have a chance to make them regret their decission.

Love,
Mike

Edited by Omnipotence, 01 April 2009 - 03:03 PM.

#4 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:29 PM

It's one pandemonium character that expresses his or her opinions. Then you say you have made them regret it? Nice stereotyping there, you are targeting an entire clan because of one member.

But then again I'm sure DA is filled with all kinds of fluffy luvable members.

Edit: There aren't many people (if any) that can navigate through every area. I'm pretty sure you aren't one of those.

Edited by Angelus, 01 April 2009 - 03:29 PM.

Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#5 Omnipotence

Omnipotence
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

Not to junk up the thread. When we asked to join and there was a clan vote and then two founders reported back to us.

Theres only 2,000/3,000 squares in this game. If I have been playing since 2003 I would hope I can get through all of them. I can graduate college I certainly can traverse a linked list of nodes with a GUI command line.(underlying program concept)

#6 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:05 PM

I don't know where you originate from, but college hardly gives bragging rights.

A clan vote, then reported back on by two founders. That hardly constitutes as insulting in my eyes. If they voted that you sucked, what's wrong in letting you know the full details. You'd rather hear just a 'no' without a 'why'? It's hardly professional, but those are the answers you can expect to get on a game, noob and suck.
Angelus ingame.

#7 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

DA is in fact full of lovable fluffy people :ph34r:

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#8 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

Mike, I'm pretty sure I addressed your inquiry for membership with fair reason and no insults.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#9 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

They voted me in so they must like noobs somewhat. :ph34r:

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#10 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:47 PM

Please turn your Pandewalkietalkies to channel 3.

Thank you.

I'll be on more soon. I love you.

#11 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

Joke all you want about the phrase coined by members of your own clan. You know ya'll use this method, and used it against us while we were getting tokens for alex. If you would rather make satirical remarks than to fess up to it be my guest. [clan] Soandso: CLAY WONT ANSWER HIS PHONE!!!!

#12 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

Ok, now I can't tell if you're joking or not.

If you honestly think anyone has ever called me for anything Nightmist related, let alone a pesky token run, you are sadly sadly mistaken.

Ryan, you're smarter then that. Come on now.

Staying on topic, Pande pwns.

#13 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Not to junk up the thread. When we asked to join and there was a clan vote and then two founders reported back to us.

Theres only 2,000/3,000 squares in this game. If I have been playing since 2003 I would hope I can get through all of them. I can graduate college I certainly can traverse a linked list of nodes with a GUI command line.(underlying program concept)

There are over 20,000 squares in-game.
At least over 15,000 are accessible on the 1-Alt server.
(This is accounting for the locked areas, clan rooms, staff rooms, etc)

How does Pandemonium decide if they will accept a member?
Is it by the applicants credentials, or by the opinions of people who may or may not know the person?

I mean, if I applied, would I be given a chance to show how I act while actually playing the game, assuming I've got enough experience, etc. Or would I be turned down because certain members may not like me on the forums or the sort, without having ever played the game with me?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#14 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:24 AM

qualifications for this clan include

A: be willing to jew other players out of tokens
B: have a lvl 29+ thief
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#15 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:51 AM

warn prz ^
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#16 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:48 PM

lol i thought it was walt who posted that when i first read it
Page me on Heritage

#17 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:25 AM

i'd say they go by knowing the person more, but i'm not 100 percent, could be wrong. and pande wasn't the best. bring back md

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#18 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:59 AM

Once again, Josh showcases his cluelessness.

Gaddzilla, when someone requests to join Pande they are put up to be voted on by Founders, majority rules (you prolly already knew that part). As for why people cast the vote they do, I can only speak on behalf of my own vote. Most often I am already acquainted with the applicant and have enough interaction, with them, to make a informed decision. I decide if I think the applicant would better the clan. Whether that be someone who would spice up CC, cleric clannies, scout for pks 24/7, help out clannies with info, someone I can trust, loyalty or just keeps to themselves and just help out with bosses.. I think you get the idea. There are a variety of different attributes that would point me in the direction of a potential clannie. There have been several instances where I haven't been acquainted with an applicant and took the time to page them and try and acquaint myself. Like I said, I can only speak for myself. But I think that that would prolly be the popular concensus on voting.

And um.. Pande's #1. Thank you.

#19 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

The clan is only #1 cos its full of thieves with DoTW.

Can u name a person in pande who hasnt got a thief as their main? (Apart from Wes.)
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#20 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

Can u name a person in pande who hasnt got a thief as their main? (Apart from Wes.)

Actually the clan is #1 because it has the highest ranking, that's kinda how it works.

I also bet they use gold to buy items, and kill monsters to gain exp..what a bunch of losers!
In all seriousness tho, are you going to blame people for being ranked #1 because they play the game more effectively then others?
Angelus ingame.

#21 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

No I will not. However to me what is better.

A Clan with the #1 in 5/7 classes
A Clan with the #2 in 2/7 classes?

-Luke

#22 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:50 PM

---------------- Kannabis ----------------
Name: ~teh Scripto
Class: Male Halfling Adept Paladin
Clan: Pandemonium (»*¤ §êçõñd §êxíêst §tåff Årõúñd ¤*«)

:P
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#23 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:12 PM

Once again, Josh showcases his cluelessness.

It's just the truth, stop trying.

---------------- Kannabis ----------------
Name: ~teh Scripto
Class: Male Halfling Adept Paladin
Clan: Pandemonium (»*¤ §êçõñd §êxíêst §tåff Årõúñd ¤*«)

:P

so thats what 2 to 20 in favor of people with thieves as mains?

#24 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

Also Wes is using a thief more and more now and training it up. It's almost level 32 I believe

#25 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

I'm not going to get into petty arguments.

This is not the place to voice your umpteen hundredth whine about thieves.

I can't wait 'till I start playing again so I can make love to all my clannies.

#26 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

wasn't an argument, was the truth.
I can argue/compain about everything, anywhere I please.
I can't wait to cyber my clannies either..but that would involve me logging in :P

#27 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:11 AM

lol i thought it was walt who posted that when i first read it

No sir. One of the biggest requirments of being voted yes into this clan is you are not known to be an overall come bubble. That is why Josh is always excluded.

Eveyone who asks to join gets a fair vote. Sometimes it may take more time for one vote than another, and this is due to some founders going a bit inactive.

And yes, the majority of our clan does use a thief as a main. We realised long ago that alot of people do not like taking on a full time cleric roll. Alot of people just do not want to cleric period. So we took that problem and tossed it out the door. We realised that a high level thief with DotW was just as good at bossing with enough of them as a party of diverse characters with the need of a cleric or two. It is also alot cheaper too.

Unlike other clans out there, we do not force one person to continusly cleric all bosses all the time.We saw this as an issue and delt with it, and now it is not an issue. When a cleric is needed for certain bosses, you see a more diverse selection of characters on in our clan.

it also works to our advantadge that when you see nothing but thieves on all the time, you do not know if we are bossing, or on doing our own thing. By the time things are figured out, stuff is done, and we are none for the worse.

I mean, if I applied, would I be given a chance to show how I act while actually playing the game, assuming I've got enough experience, etc. Or would I be turned down because certain members may not like me on the forums or the sort, without having ever played the game with me?

You were already in our clan Gaddy. But if you are going on the "if I was not in clan" thing, then it would go like this.

You would contact a founder, and the founder would then foward your request to the rest of the founders. Our founders have a pretty good knowledge of the player base and their history with them is enough for the vote to be taken at face value. Majority rules, and even the chairperson has voted no on some people and they were voted in. It also has gone the other way. The chair and a few founders voted yes, but the rest of the founders voted no, nulling that chairs vote. There is no absolute power in our clan. We win and fail together.

If some do not know, info about said player is talked about, and then the vote takes place. Take Josh for example. If he asked to be voted in, I would ask the founders who he is, if he is a pain in the behind, etc. They would then inform me he is a mediocer player who uses other peoples characters to get ahead in the game. The founders would eventualy vote no on him, and he would come to our clan posting and flame at us in an attempt to look good while making us look bad.

i'd say they go by knowing the person more, but i'm not 100 percent, could be wrong. and pande wasn't the best. bring back md

I am sorry to say, but MD was not the best. They were just the strongest for a while. Once Rob went inactive, the clan fell apart becuase non of the founders that were set into place could not step up and lead. Throw in a little bit of adversity and the clan went to hell. I am so glad I never took a second thought about saying no to joining that clan when asked to do so time and again.

I hope I have answered any questions that have arisen about our clan. If you feel the need to try to flame us more, feel free to do so and I will set you up with correct information.

BTW The Pandemonium, ranked 1, with score 2470, consists of 408 members and 29 rooms
Still #1

Edited by Walt, 25 May 2009 - 05:15 AM.

#28 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

Its still my clan underneath.. the rot has set in tho!
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#29 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:06 AM

Its still my clan underneath.. the rot has set in tho!

I just sit here and wonder where to begin on this statement.

Your clan. You mean the clan that once myself and devotchka left after hearing and seeing of your shenanagins,. and the majority of the rest followed? That clan? You know when we left right around the very nice xmas quest you put together(last one you did i think, well done btw). Where we went back to BoD as a temp clan house to use until things got figured out. That clan right?

The clan you pretty much sat alone in with Lethal_dose. Sure, you did have quit a few inactive accounts still in there with you, but none of them logged on. And the few that did followed everyone over to BoD. That clan right?

I did not ask to come back to Pandemonium when I left. I actually had alot of doubt about going back to a clan that you tainted and tried to make fail. But we all decided that the house was already there, and set up so why would we waste more gold in a brand new clan house.

We cleansed the house of the rot you tried to set in. We then prceeded to slowly win small battles against the jungernaut that was MD. All the while you sat there and hoped and wished that we would all fail. We did not as you see.

Is this the clan you speak of? Am i missing something? Or do we have a different view of what really happened? If so, then please feel free to clarify any mistakes I have made.

The only rot now is the jealousy you hold towards your former clannies.

#30 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:44 AM

Psh, MD was so much better than Pande. We'd scower the realm, looking for people and bosses to kill endlessly, pande had no chance.

We even forced about everyone from Pande to start using thieves so they could actually be able to hide and train in peace within the Maloks guild.

Pande even got some of our most powerful characters in clan at the time. Hollow, Neph, Menace, a few others. We still continued to rape them endlessly.

Then our chairman and his 2 "first mates" as you could say stopped playing, even then, we still held our own atleast.

Then pande got even more of our members, moral was pretty low within the clan, so it happened.

Only after all these setbacks, did MD fall and pande reign, it sure took alot to take us down. A hell of alot, but it was fun :P

Edit: Of course this is nothing like pande, without their leader, they still manage to stay alive! Of course that wouldn't be possible without great followers who only pk and don't care abit about actually playing the game, thus not needing more than 3 active people. Well done.

Edit2: Let me help you with that Walt

"BTW The Pandemonium, ranked 1, with 29 rooms
Still #1 "

There's your reason ;p

Edited by Cruxis, 27 May 2009 - 08:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users