• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Woodstock

Woodstock
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

at least for 1a:

Make dispell somewhat offensive, where it can remove offensive buffs as well as defensive, making it a more utility spell.

comments?
When life slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls.

Lappa/Woodstock on Multi
Dubs/Cold on 1a

#2 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:38 PM

i dont like idea of a mage being able to disable a 5 alt party's spells, being able to round pretty much any lvl 30 cept a dwarf cleric and zerks
allowing them to take a druid/thief/rangers edge of being with a cleric doesnt make sense to me

Edited by Throwback, 17 September 2007 - 10:40 PM.

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#3 Woodstock

Woodstock
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:42 PM

easy when buffs can be recasted, and it uses stam to remove the buff = 1 stam less to round someone with, its meant for utility, as in, taking armor buffs away for melee, and str buffs away as well.

edit: they wouldnt be removing 5 alts buffs, just 1, unless it was casted on 5 players.

Edited by Woodstock, 17 September 2007 - 11:43 PM.

Lappa/Woodstock on Multi
Dubs/Cold on 1a

#4 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:13 AM

this can only work if mp cost is bumped....how much is current cost?

#5 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:56 AM

Do it.
Freek ingame.

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:13 PM

Mages need another boost? :)
Really?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Woodstock

Woodstock
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:08 PM

wasnt sure it was a boost, but more of a party support spell, they arent empowering themselves, it uses a stam they could be using for attacking, and they can more than easily be clicked without enhance or rf on their target. it drops the buffs for the rest of the characters to be forced to either rebuff or continue fighting with no buffs.

edit: also it gives the spell a use other than removing drunkedness

Edited by Woodstock, 18 September 2007 - 06:09 PM.

Lappa/Woodstock on Multi
Dubs/Cold on 1a

#8 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:56 PM

i still dont think that allowing a char to remove another's buff is fair, nothing can remove a mage's armor spells, nothing can stand a mage beam.....why make mages able to armor to 150+, hit for 65+, and disable any possible chance another class has, "they can just recast" thus making the party's cleric waste stam and mana when the cleric already has hard time keeping party healed when mages jump them. Maybe we can have a magic bubble spell on clerics that makes mage damage half and last same time as consecrated embrace :)

#9 Woodstock

Woodstock
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:35 AM

i still dont think that allowing a char to remove another's buff is fair, nothing can remove a mage's armor spells, nothing can stand a mage beam.....why make mages able to armor to 150+, hit for 65+, and disable any possible chance another class has, "they can just recast" thus making the party's cleric waste stam and mana when the cleric already has hard time keeping party healed when mages jump them. Maybe we can have a magic bubble spell on clerics that makes mage damage half and last same time as consecrated embrace :)

hm, what about the point being made that the mage had to waste a beam stam to remove the buff? thus not rounding anything

Lappa/Woodstock on Multi
Dubs/Cold on 1a

#10 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:12 AM

Not needed at all, and this has already been discussed several times.
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#11 Woodstock

Woodstock
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

what was discussed was dispell removing non magical things like poison. i did a search about it prior to posting cuz im not going to post the same idea thats been shot down before.

and in 1a, i think it would be fairly effective, not so much multi tho bc there would be far too many characters to dispell to make a difference.

go play your dead server and dont knock ideas that wouldnt affect you in any way, shape, or form, when you dont know how the mechanics of 1a even work.

Lappa/Woodstock on Multi
Dubs/Cold on 1a

#12 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:57 PM

I don't see anywhere that this particular idea has come up before, but I don't see any reason why mages need an additional offensive capability. They are already one of the most versatile classes on 1a (along with druids), and not all classes should have all abilities. Otherwise, you might as well just give berserkers aid and give fighters camouflage.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#13 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

and track for all classes

#14 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:32 AM

Oooo...a human 6/6 berserker with aid would be sweet...
A fighter with camo would still be the lamest and least worth-wild class though. Perhaps camo and three magical nonsense things...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#15 Ghost_Wolf

Ghost_Wolf
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:35 AM

Look at the way magic casters are used in other games now. Nightmist is still similar to those games examples of which follow.

->Mages/Sorcerers/Encrypters/Mystics- All focus on offensive spells only. Being blast, beam, ice bolt, shock, rain of fire. ember or whatever. Haste is somewhat a stat increaseing ability as it increase stam regen at an increased rate. Even haste is a spell i don't think mages need in nightmist, but it is here for offensive purposes only. Dispell is used to remove buffers in most games, but it is more a Necromancer/Death Knight/ Dark Sorc skill.

->Clerics/Enchanters/Mezmers- all have defensive buffing abilities being an enhance spell to raise strength or a defense spell to raise your armor count. They also provide some stat skills but that is also something in other games.

Now what you are talking about it being used for is this ->

->Necromancers/Dark Knights/Death Knights/Dark Sorcs-These classes focus on crippling others to abilities to do them in. This is the sort of class that the actual dispell skill you are talking about would be used for.

I have mentioned it once and so i will mention it again, begin Necro's back.If that is the kind of spell people are looking for, then that is the class that needs to get it.
Link-Nepharious_Niassey (Main)

Love is a 36' carbon tip chainsaw and rib spreaders....nuff said.

#16 C0H33D

C0H33D
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

supported

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users