Hmm.. What Do You Think

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Urgency

Urgency
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:59 PM

You know i've noticed that many of the current staff are in clans not that it affectes the clan any but my thing is why should staff be able to remain in clans under their staff names? I could see if it was on an alt but as long as you are under your staff name you should not be able to be in or affliated with a clan
Imperfection is inherited, therefore we all sin, but fighting the war of sin is the greatest war of all because we all die in the end no matter how hard we fight. Tupac

#2 Phibie

Phibie
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:44 PM

I don't see why they shouldn't be able to be in clans.

Phibi - main / Survivor- 1a

#3 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:12 PM

Providing they're still completely impartial, I don't see why this is a problem. I could understand if the staff members were meant to be kept apart from their mortal characters, so no one knew who they were, but they're not.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#4 Urgency

Urgency
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:09 PM

Providing they're still completely impartial, I don't see why this is a problem. I could understand if the staff members were meant to be kept apart from their mortal characters, so no one knew who they were, but they're not.

yes i know that but given the fact that the particular crit is labeled as staff that crit should not be able to be in a clan . i can understand an alt not labeled as staff being in a clan but not the particular crit that says Staff being in a clan
Imperfection is inherited, therefore we all sin, but fighting the war of sin is the greatest war of all because we all die in the end no matter how hard we fight. Tupac

#5 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:40 PM

You need to justify your reasoning..
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#6 Urgency

Urgency
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:04 PM

my justification is i dont think its rite because its like putting terrell owens on your high school football team.
I can see if its an alt but given that its the actual crit labeled staff its like adding a ringer to your team roster

#7 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:09 PM

My guess is, that we aren't in any of the clans that have staff and it would be hard to tell if the impartiality of staff was being upheld. Not that it would matter since the staff do have alts and could breach the impartiality one way or another. Otherwise, it's just simply a matter of peace of mind to the players.

#8 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:20 PM

my justification is i dont think its rite because its like putting terrell owens on your high school football team.
I can see if its an alt but given that its the actual crit labeled staff its like adding a ringer to your team roster

Not exactly, that American Football players would actually be doing something for your team, whereas a staff member being in a clan doesn't affect the clan in any real way. JLH is in Draco Honoris, dispite my best efforts, he's never made a donation to us ;p

My guess is, that we aren't in any of the clans that have staff and it would be hard to tell if the impartiality of staff was being upheld. Not that it would matter since the staff do have alts and could breach the impartiality one way or another. Otherwise, it's just simply a matter of peace of mind to the players.

I can slightly relate to this, but I'm sure what staff members do is closely monitored to prevent any cheating. This does also sound a little like you're saying 'If there isn't a staffer in my clan, I don't think there should be one in any clan..
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#9 Urgency

Urgency
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:33 PM

i believe what she's trying to say is that who's doing the monitoring and whats to say that if staff was helping out a clan they are in who would say anything about it but noone

#10 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:40 PM

I'd imagine JLH monitors the staff.
But oh gee. He's in Draco Honoris too. Am sure any concerns along those line would be better brought up in an e-mail to JLH. You're likely to get an answer ;)

As for those who'd tell if they were getting a helping hand or not, if someone's actually pathetic enough to cheat to further themselves on any game, then let them. At the end of the day, why really care about it?
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#11 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:09 AM

i believe what she's trying to say is that who's doing the monitoring and whats to say that if staff was helping out a clan they are in who would say anything about it but noone

I really dont think staff would help people unfairly to get the place of staff took from them. And like alone says if you have a problem with staff members joining clan's (i really can't see a problem with it) memo JLH.
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#12 Urgency

Urgency
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:40 AM

its not that i have a problem with them joining its just i dont think they should be allowd to join on immortal crits

#13 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:15 AM

If there isn't a staffer in my clan, I don't think there should be one in any clan..

Actually, I'm rather glad that there isn't a staff in my clan and if this topic had to come up and I did have one, I would still have to agree and ask staffer to at least remove the staff crit. My clan can make their own bad reputations in other ways. Getting accused of getting favors from a staff who happens to be in my clan will not be one of them. Specially when my clan is so close to grabbing that rank 1 spot. I like to think that my clan got to that spot fairly and not with a ton of accusations around it. But as I said, doesn't matter to me one way or another. I said before in last post, it's just simply a player's peace of mind.

#14 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:03 AM

Many members of staff want to be able to talk to their friends and clan (friend list and being in their clan) while on the character they probably use most, staff crit.
If that's a problem, how about you try leaving your clan and clearing your friend list on your main character---it'd get old, muchless if you have to deal with people being rude, complaining, or asking questions quite a bit of the time.

The reason we were selected as staff is because JLH and the playerbase consider us decent enough not to cheat for friends and whatnot.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#15 snizzlesnaps

snizzlesnaps
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:28 PM

i see no problem with staff being in clans its not like their using their staff crit to go kill ne1 that pks 1 of their members or using their staff crit to give free gold to their clan saying they shouldnt be allowed to be in clans seems to me as if your saying im jelous im not a staffer so i want to always see them blue unless im a friend with that certain staffer.....if i remember rightly wasnt pandilex in dynasty when it first began? as alone pointed out jlh is in dh.....neither of them r making the clans better by giving special treatment but from what your suggesting its like saying ok you created the game but im jelous that im not staff so you shouldnt be allowed to be in a clan thats red to me

#16 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:14 PM

I dont really care as long as staff arnt helping clans out.

/t Urgency can you at least give a reason why dont like staff being in clans when they dont do anything other than talk to the members in those clans before commenting further?

#17 Urgency

Urgency
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:31 PM

I dont really care as long as staff arnt helping clans out.

/t Urgency can you at least give a reason why dont like staff being in clans when they dont do anything other than talk to the members in those clans before commenting further?

its not that i dont like staff being in clans or that i think they are cheating/helping out that clan or even that i want to be staff because thats not it at all. and yes i can see a reasoning behind staff wanting to talk to their friends and what not and be a part of that clan but why not log said staff labeled crit on then log alt crit of said labeld staff and put that in the clan that way they can still assume staff duties for that particular timeframe they are allocated to be logged in on said staff crit and be on a mortal crit at the same time? unless of course said staff crit is like a paci and cant be logged in at the same time as alts or what not.

#18 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:48 PM

Just because all of the staff are in different clans, does not mean that there would be any impartiality whatsoever. Those that have been chosen for staff have proved to be honorable or else JLH would not have selected them as staff in my opinion. I am staff, and also in DH. I have been in DH for years and I not would help my own mortals nor clan members unfairly, as I would not help anyone else in the game in an unfair manner.

Just my two cents,
Good Day!
Amy of Draco
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users