combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:46 AM

ok i like the idea of set mana on clerics bt hey
18 wiz=319
19 wiz=321
20 wiz=351

cmon now the diff between 19-20 is 30 bt diff between 18-19 is 2..../slap humans and helf's

i dont own a human and dont plan to...bt something needs 2 b changed

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#2 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:00 AM

Look at human and halfer thieves...yet no one has complained about them...

#3 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:56 AM

/shrug...is a similar thing with druids. I don't think it's a huge problem though with clerics, elves need some compensation for being so ezpk :unsure:
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#4 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:15 PM

It is due to the way that the level-up formula works...

For Clerics and Pacifists, I believe it is (w/2 + 1) truncated to an integer (fractional part removed), where w = Base Wisdom.

For Paladins, it is (w/3 + 5) truncated to an integer; for Druids, it is (w/3 + 4) truncated to an integer; Mages have something a bit more complicated which involves some randomisation (like HP on other classes)... and I think it is (w/2 + random number from 2-4) truncated to an integer.

The 2 MP difference noted between 18 Wisdom and 19 Wisdom comes from the starting MP and the Archmaster level up, which are directly proportional to the Base Wisdom (with Clerics and Pacifists, the starting MP = w and the final level up is w + 1... Paladins' Archmaster level up is different and Mages' are both definitely different; I'm not sure about Druids)

I may be mistaken, but this is what I have observed with the crits that I own.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#5 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:36 AM

Crane would it be hard to just say that Humans gain their wisdom as start MP? Halflings and Elves the same?

And that elf mages go from 12-14 in MP where as the other <not sure about 10's on humans mine never got any though> 11-14 MP as lvl up gains?

That's what? 2 lines of text, we didn't ask for the answer to the age old question "What is the meaning of life" nor how to conclude the result E=MC2

Stop trying so hard Crane for all of our sakes.
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#6 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 04:59 AM

meaning of life? 42 (you either get that or you don't)
e=mc^2? if a mass of a substance is multiplied by the speed of light squares, you get how much it is "worth" in terms of energy (because energy and mass are closely related - and i can't wait for the star trek replicator to put this into practice :unsure:)
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#7 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:37 AM

meaning of life? 42 (you either get that or you don't)
e=mc^2? if a mass of a substance is multiplied by the speed of light squares, you get how much it is "worth" in terms of energy (because energy and mass are closely related - and i can't wait for the star trek replicator to put this into practice :unsure:)

Now I want the calculations for it John, hand them on my desk by morning.

<We already knew the answer, now explain how you came to the conclusions>
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#8 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:36 AM

you wouldn't understand it :unsure:
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#9 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 04:53 PM

you wouldn't understand it :unsure:

It's besides the point, but as for things I didn't understand... The ending of the "hitch hikers guide to the galaxy" I never quite got it.

#10 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 01:13 AM

And Crane I think he meant why is it coded like that. Not how to come to the conclution it is like that.

#11 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 01:17 AM

Although encrypted in the algebraic equations, I gave him the answer why there was only a 3 MP difference between 18 and 19 Wisdom and a large jump of 30 MP at 20 Wisdom. As for why it is programmed that way, that is how JLH and Pandilex decided to put it.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#12 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:07 PM

The point to this being, Why JLH/Pandilex did you code it like that? It makes not so much sense

<And I'm getting tired of having to clarify simple matters as this one for overly complicating people. It's an R-Rated game for all ages, just read and try to get a context out of what people post and Forums will be alot nicer to post on.>

<Same goes for people with very poor spelling, please refrain from not using vowels, a typo here and there isn't all that bad, we're all human after all. Just please try and post properly, it really isn't all that hard to say "Thank You" on forums rather than saying "ty" I can see how abbreviations serve a <very small> purpose in game when you are talking to people while training or such things, but on forums you have all the time in the world. No one can PK you on forums! just chill and try atleast to type properly> <-- Off topic

#13 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 06:19 AM

i gtta show this entire forum this study from cambridge university of how the human mind duz not need actual right spelling just the first and last letter of the word to be right :unsure:

anyway i mean y wud they program it in this way....it completely destroys the human cleric....

o shut up tony

#14 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 06:03 PM

Got me didn't staff say something about every crit has a set gain it will get?
How the hell would I know?

#15 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:37 PM

i gtta show this entire forum this study from cambridge university of how the human mind duz not need actual right spelling just the first and last letter of the word to be right ^_^

anyway i mean y wud they program it in this way....it completely destroys the human cleric....

ok cn yu tl me wt im tg at ts vy mt

wow.....I was drunk when I typed that, and now that Im sober, I can tell what I was saying.

Sorry to bump an old topic. Was just bored.

Edited by Eamon, 24 August 2005 - 08:38 PM.

#16 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:38 AM

i missed something, the # of letters in the word has 2 be right aswell. and i just noticed something, Kim agreed w/ me on something, GG the world is ending.

o shut up tony

#17 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:21 PM

good game the world is ending?

it doesn't get any geekier than that...

#18 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:10 AM

its a figure of speach rofl

o shut up tony

#19 Evaporate

Evaporate
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:25 PM

i gtta show this entire forum this study from cambridge university of how the human mind duz not need actual right spelling just the first and last letter of the word to be right ;)

ok cn yu tl me wt im tg at ts vy mt

wow.....I was drunk when I typed that, and now that Im sober, I can tell what I was saying.

Sorry to bump an old topic. Was just bored.

Reads like:
Ok, can you tell me what I'm tg? (talking? perhaps) at thanks very much

#20 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:25 PM

ohmygod.

You know, I've been trying to figure that out now for nine months. Thank you so much...
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#21 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:57 PM

The at should be about as well ;)
Si Senior!

#22 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:51 PM

Well, I gave the answer as to why there is only a small gain between 18 and 19 base Wisdom, and now the topic has turned into 9-month bumping and issues with spelling.

I think we can close this topic now.

P.S. Cambridge did indeed research the letter ordering in words and found that it can still be understood if all but the first and last letters were jumbled, but they themselves would never spell words that way, and I feel it is bad practice to.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users