Photo

Extension To The Illuminated Tunnels?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think that the Illuminated tunnels should be expanded and have more monsters to kill? (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think that the Illuminated tunnels should be expanded and have more monsters to kill?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dark_nemesis100

dark_nemesis100
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:51 PM

I personally think they at least need a few more different monsters to be added...maybe even a mini boss as well? tell me what you think!

#2 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:59 PM

I personally think that they don't. Why? The respawn is fast for vampire bats. I leveled three chars in these (well low level, yeah) and never exhausted the supply. I personally think that you are a newbie (the non-insult way) and should not be excessively posting on the forums.

Edit:

I also think cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssseeeeeee is good. (You told me to tell you what I thought.

Edited by Mec, 20 June 2004 - 12:00 AM.

#3 dark_nemesis100

dark_nemesis100
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 12:04 AM

See this is exactly why i never posted anythig before now ive been playing for 3 yrs and now that i finaly decide to post some possible ideasthat i had way back then, only to get told not todo it exessively thanks for even bothering to look at it anyway:P Not that it was ever worth the time and effort to even bother posting it.

#4 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 12:07 AM

I personally think that you are a newbie (the non-insult way)

There's a non insult way? ^^

and should not be excessively posting on the forums

They haven't excessively posted on forums... not that I've noticed anyway :s

Anyhow... in my opinion, the illuminated tunnels are fine as a small area.

At certain times the bats can become a little exhausted, normally when there are multiple pacifists as well as alt-ed crits... but I don't see any real problem with that. The vampire bats do respawn pretty fast... and if you dislike the tunnels you could always try the barracks (although I prefer the tunnels... tend to be a little safer, and for clerics/pallys/pacifists don't exhaust the mana so quickly ^^)

I dislike the whole 'mini boss' idea. Not every area needs a boss. I think the tunnels are fine as a small training area, and I at least don't see the immediate need to press for them to be altered.

Edited by Charon, 20 June 2004 - 12:09 AM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#5 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 12:14 AM

See this is exactly why i never posted anythig before now ive been playing for 3 yrs and now that i finaly decide to post some possible ideasthat i had way back then, only to get told not todo it exessively thanks for even bothering to look at it anyway:P Not that it was ever worth the time and effort to even bother posting it.

Oooh, so you're not a newbie.

Oh, a n00b is calling someone stupid in nightmist talk.

A newbie is someone new to the game.

You seem like a newbie for two reasons:

1. Numbers in your name.

2. Ermm... posting ridiculous things: (was it you with the half dragon and the half-orc mages?)

Sorry if I offended you.

Actually I'm an excessive poster is there ever was one.

#6 dark_nemesis100

dark_nemesis100
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 12:33 AM

Oooh, so you're not a newbie.

Oh, a n00b is calling someone stupid in nightmist talk.

A newbie is someone new to the game.

You seem like a newbie for two reasons:

1. Numbers in your name.

2. Ermm... posting ridiculous things: (was it you with the half dragon and the half-orc mages?)

Sorry if I offended you.

Half orc mage? thats just retarded that wasnt my idea! lol!

#7 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:45 AM

Clearly, Spamming the Nightmist forum is my job. ^_-

Anyways, back on topic, I don't think that it should be changed. I think one of the things that makes these tunnels unique are:

1) There's not mini-boss
2) The monsters can get exhausted here
Posted Image

#8 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:24 AM

wow, I just had a breakthrough idea... lets add a boss with an awesome drop, so the tunnel become overun with archys!!!!12

#9 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:41 PM

Great idea, penguin.

#10 dark_nemesis100

dark_nemesis100
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:24 PM

The Pool results are about 50/50 so maybe in the future? im asking anystaff that come to this topic to close it. Thanks for your input.

#11 Insomnia

Insomnia
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:01 AM

Where's the "less monsters"-option?
{Epiphany}
{Unforsaken}

#12 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:14 AM

Hmm, those tunnels are about to get alot of traffic as it is now. Watch your backs while training down there now, but then again ..... might become a little easier to train in the tunnels now.

"Before my time is done I will look down upon your corpse and smile!"

#13 dark_nemesis100

dark_nemesis100
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:15 AM

Hmm, those tunnels are about to get alot of traffic as it is now. Watch your backs while training down there now, but then again ..... might become a little easier to train in the tunnels now.

With or without a new town this place hasnt really gotten that busy except for the people who have just discovered how to get there. Thats probably even form arlin its quite a trip to take and get there for nothing if youre not a ranger. theres nothing there for any other class in weapons anyway.

#14 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:33 AM

For low lvl pallys, clerics and druids its a short hop to the new town for mana/pots. Alot safer and quicker then running back to Arilin.

#15 dark_nemesis100

dark_nemesis100
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:16 AM

For low lvl pallys, clerics and druids its a short hop to the new town for mana/pots. Alot safer and quicker then running back to Arilin.

True but still not alot of people come through here at all not even pacis and clerics anymore.

#16 Origenes

Origenes
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:13 AM

No needed mini boss. The area is good, but too small. I suggest another tunnels somewhere else.
Prophecy of Prosper Clan Chairman

If you want peace, work for justice.
Live long and prosper.

#17 dark_nemesis100

dark_nemesis100
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:16 AM

No needed mini boss. The area is good, but too small. I suggest another tunnels somewhere else.

good idea :). no my opinion doesnt count but ill post it anyway.

#18 Chewbob

Chewbob
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:18 PM

Where's the "less monsters"-option?

As bad as the idea may be, why put a 'less monsters' option in a suggestion to create an extension to it?

#19 Origenes

Origenes
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:57 PM

Okay. Now it seems clear. I really suggest another tunnel, because there is now town behide Illuminated Tunnels.
Prophecy of Prosper Clan Chairman

If you want peace, work for justice.
Live long and prosper.

#20 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:17 PM

To be honest, I would welcome another short tunnel or two extending from the main corridor, because now all but 4 squares are covered by people going to and from Kantele, although I doubt it will happen.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#21 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:45 AM

To be honest, I would welcome another short tunnel or two extending from the main corridor, because now all but 4 squares are covered by people going to and from Kantele, although I doubt it will happen.

wheres Kentele?
You and me, We'll all go down in history, With a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree

#22 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:54 PM

o ok, Kantelen kinda sucks though....except 4 the new bows...but more of the tunnels would be nice for pacis to train in.

Edited by archmaster, 22 June 2004 - 12:54 PM.

You and me, We'll all go down in history, With a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree

#23 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:56 PM

wth?
its way easier to get to Arilin....
sorry 4 posting to much...lol

Edited by archmaster, 22 June 2004 - 12:56 PM.

#24 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:02 PM

archmaster, you need to count the steps from the illuminated tunnels to the gates of the new town, and then count the steps from arilin gates to the illuminated tunnels. then count the monsters between both places. hell of alot shorter and lot lets monsters in the dark woods than the royal forest and large forest. safer and quicker to go to the new town from the illuminated tunnels. :)

#25 Chewbob

Chewbob
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:26 PM

o ok, Kantelen kinda sucks though....except 4 the new bows...but more of the tunnels would be nice for pacis to train in.

I'm sure Stotic really appreciates you saying that...

#26 Kreaper

Kreaper
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:40 PM

Yes i think there should definetly be an expansion....kantele is kinda small and weird.....its ok tho
Toki ingame!!!

#27 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:48 PM

The main reason I made the tunnels was for it to lead to the new town. I didn't know it would become such a hot training spot.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#28 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:37 PM

I figured something having to do with elves was coming seeing as the descriptions in the tunnels talked about it being some kind of travel path for elves. Anyways nice job on both the tunnels and the town Stotic. Keep up the good work.

#29 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:50 PM

thankyou. :)
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#30 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:32 AM

Stotic, I love the vest of demons. I dont like the description, but everything else is great! And those gloves of blitz....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users