1a

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#31 LABec

LABec
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:00 PM

I may let up if Cody gets his stuff back tho.

You're offering staff to stop pk'ing if they return a banned account back to a player? 

#32 Banishment

Banishment
  • Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:09 PM

I may let up if Cody gets his stuff back tho.

You're offering staff to stop pk'ing if they return a banned account back to a player? 

Stig maybe, rest is fair game.

Also I'm not offering anything, I'll just feel less inclined to PK him.

Edited by Banishment, 05 February 2022 - 03:11 PM.

"Rules for thee but not for me."

#33 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:11 PM

You know exactly what it has to do with, and your disregard just got you added to my KOS. Good day.

edit: someone whom remains a no-kill just got pkd and said "fair kill. Ill just have to move spots"....

Thats the game right there..... crying instantly does nothing positive and doesn't bring a healthy discussion like you claim... it brings more division and more people that want to play on creative mode.... i prefer the way the game was created /shrug.

Edited by «Chão§phê®ê», 05 February 2022 - 03:17 PM.

Ares, Apollo, Asclepius, Athena, Adonis (°±»Còñü§mêЫ­­±°) 

#34 LABec

LABec
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:17 PM

You know exactly what it has to do with, and your disregard just got you added to my KOS. Good day.

Your original post made zero points for or against why the game was balanced or not balanced as is...so no I really don't know. 

#35 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:21 PM

The game is fine. I already stated that.

I was pointing out what caused the pking, which led to the crying. Nothing to do with shades, as it is just an excuse to advance towards the overall goal of MSN Messenger with swords and dragons... 

Edited by «Chão§phê®ê», 05 February 2022 - 03:22 PM.

#36 LABec

LABec
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:33 PM

I was pointing out what caused the pking, which led to the crying. Nothing to do with shades, as it is just an excuse to advance towards the overall goal of MSN Messenger with swords and dragons... 

You provided a 3 paragraph rant about anecdotal events that has nothing to do with the topic....

Also, just add a deadpan delivery to my post and cut out the whole "criyng" "angry" "upset" narrative.  I've been pk'd 1 time in the last 2 years. There is no salt or tears coming from me....

My intentions here are to keep the largest player base possible for as long as possible.  That's it.

#37 Banishment

Banishment
  • Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:33 PM

Remove shades and some classes will dominate others, keep shades and any class will dominate any class.

"Rules for thee but not for me."

#38 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:36 PM

How many times do we have to say its a text based game that has never been balanced and that shades are actually a BENEFIT to the balancing. You refusing to read what we have to say doesnt mean we didnt provide points. 

Shades were what made us competitive when thieves were extremely overpowered. Just like craig said, they help in the balance, not hurt it. The PVP aspect of this game is almost 100% strategy and always has been. 

#39 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:38 PM

I've been pk'd 1 time in the last 2 years. There is no salt or tears coming from me....

And how many minutes went by before you made this post after that?

#40 Nerve

Nerve
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:38 PM

You provided a 3 paragraph rant about anecdotal events that has nothing to do with the topic....

Also, just add a deadpan delivery to my post and cut out the whole "criyng" "angry" "upset" narrative.  I've been pk'd 1 time in the last 2 years. There is no salt or tears coming from me....

My intentions here are to keep the largest player base possible for as long as possible.  That's it.

If that's the case why even bring up shades then? someone is Obviously mad or upset about it if you're worried about keeping the largest player base possible. You started this post and shades been fine for how long? removing shades will do nothing

#41 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:52 PM

I want to add one more thing and im done, because this is just going to be more of the same bs...

Crane said it wasnt good for the game that it was hard to train back in the day. I disagree. There wasnt botting, and for me, it was fun to move training spots every 20-30 minutes to avoid walt/piddy (with jp giving out our locs on a staff char- was admitted to me and I think was the reason he stopped being staff).. Its exciting... and we hunted back. And they shaded, and we shaded. And we pkd each other at token bosses. The works. It was fun, and balanced via strategy (tarmas/alternative routes/withdrawing a dungeon key and going to banshee).... /spying ktps. using bait characters to kill the pker. endless hours of choice-based and strategy-based fun, vs hit and running the same spot over and over.

Additionally, training weapons and xp loss changes already made his point moot. Its extemely easy to lvl, even with pking. Double exp was soooooo mooseing dope.... and now you have it every day...

the amount of deaths by players isnt only dictated by pking... you have a lot of control in that department.

But if yall wanna chill without watching the screen the vault is the best place to be. 

#42 Nerve

Nerve
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 03:54 PM

I want to add one more thing and im done, because this is just going to be more of the same bs...

Crane said it wasnt good for the game that it was hard to train back in the day. I disagree. There wasnt botting, and for me, it was fun to move training spots every 20-30 minutes to avoid walt/piddy (with jp giving out our locs on a staff char- was admitted to me and I think was the reason he stopped being staff).. Its exciting... and we hunted back. And they shaded, and we shaded. And we pkd each other at token bosses. The works. It was fun, and balanced via strategy (tarmas/alternative routes/withdrawing a dungeon key and going to banshee).... /spying ktps. using bait characters to kill the pker. endless hours of choice-based and strategy-based fun, vs hit and running the same spot over and over.

Additionally, training weapons and xp loss changes already made his point moot. Its extemely easy to lvl, even with pking. Double exp was soooooo mooseing dope.... and now you have it every day...

the amount of deaths by players isnt only dictated by pking... you have a lot of control in that department.

But if yall wanna chill without watching the screen the vault is the best place to be. 

100% agree with this.

#43 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 04:09 PM

Rick thats not irony....Irony would be for someone like you who keeps getting murdered to want to keep shades the way they were.

Irony-

noun

1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Shades are fine.

lmao. talk about throwin shade....

feels bad man. feels bad lmao.

Edited by Adultery, 05 February 2022 - 04:10 PM.

Adultery - Diabolic-Clorox

#44 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 04:43 PM

I remember back in the day you literally had to change spots every 30 minutes and not log off.. if you logged off your monster kills changed and yes those were monitored more than anything. Instead of hitting stuff near town, you had to venture out and go places it may take you a while to get to. Stop complaining about Nightshades when you should be finding a better place to train. I remember PKing people in zeum and getting 300-500k a time (mostly Speedy haha), imagine how long they were actually there undetected to obtain that amount. They went and trained/golded on something that required keys. Get yourself some spell absorb gear if you cba to venture past large forest or IT with your Stave/Stake. This game is way easier than years ago and people seem too privileged these days and expect an easy ride. It's only been easy the past few years because players worked together. 

Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#45 LABec

LABec
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 05:21 PM

If that's the case why even bring up shades then? someone is Obviously mad or upset about it if you're worried about keeping the largest player base possible. You started this post and shades been fine for how long? removing shades will do nothing

Because I'm not a narcissists and can express concern regarding things that do not directly effect me? 

#46 LABec

LABec
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 05:22 PM

How many times do we have to say its a text based game that has never been balanced and that shades are actually a BENEFIT to the balancing. You refusing to read what we have to say doesnt mean we didnt provide points. 

Shades were what made us competitive when thieves were extremely overpowered. Just like craig said, they help in the balance, not hurt it. The PVP aspect of this game is almost 100% strategy and always has been. 

This is just deflection.  "The whole game is broke so why try to fix a specific part".   With that logic we can stop updates all together.

Edited by LABec, 05 February 2022 - 06:28 PM.

#47 LABec

LABec
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 05:23 PM

Remove shades and some classes will dominate others, keep shades and any class will dominate any class.

This is a great way to put it.

#48 LABec

LABec
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 05:25 PM

Thanks again for anecdotal story time.

Valid point training weapons make XP easier.

#49 Nerve

Nerve
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 05:46 PM

He has added more to this convo than you have so far, he was just telling you that pking was much worse years ago and only after a few kills there has been more complaining then there was when pking was constant. You got pked once and made this post because you're scared that the one time you leave town you got pked using shades. Removing nightshades changes nothing, pvp isnt balanced on here and never will be, stop sitting in town and fight back. 

#50 LABec

LABec
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 06:13 PM

He has added more to this convo than you have so far, he was just telling you that pking was much worse years ago and only after a few kills there has been more complaining then there was when pking was constant. You got pked once and made this post because you're scared that the one time you leave town you got pked using shades. Removing nightshades changes nothing, pvp isnt balanced on here and never will be, stop sitting in town and fight back. 

All I'm seeing is "blah blah blah I'm super thirsty for a pk, please come play with me"

Edited by LABec, 05 February 2022 - 06:13 PM.

#51 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 06:15 PM

All I'm seeing is "blah blah blah I'm super thirsty for a pk, please come play with me"

And all I'm seeing is you trying to discriminate against our new playstyle and won't play with us.....

You want the training wheels back on the bicycle....

Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

#52 Nerve

Nerve
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 06:15 PM

You may need glasses then.

#53 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 06:41 PM

It isn't anecdotal that nightmist is a strategy based text game. More than one person made similar points that evidently evaded you.

#54 LABec

LABec
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 06:45 PM

It isn't anecdotal that nightmist is a strategy based text game. More than one person made similar points that evidently evaded you.

Just to connect the dots closer for you.

blake did this,

piddy did that,

someone stole my pots,

so and so said this several years ago,

Its like a 5 year old telling their mom what happened at school today and has nothing to do with whether or not nightshades are OP or if they're good or bad for the game, its just a rambling story about one off things that are inconsequential gibberish. 

Stig and Banishment win.  They made some valid points.  I'm not evading those comments, nor did I bash any of them.

Edited by LABec, 05 February 2022 - 06:50 PM.

#55 Nerve

Nerve
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 06:49 PM

blake did this,

piddy did that,

someone stole my pots,

Its like a 5 year old telling their mom what happened at school today and has nothing to do with whether or not nightshades are OP or if they're good or bad for the game, its just a rambling story about one off things that are inconsequential gibberish. 

Exactly what you have been doing the entire post. thanks for pointing it out. Get your thief yet? lol

#56 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 06:50 PM

Dude get over yourself. You died once and are crying to get shades removed. End of story. Maybe some day ill use it as an anecdote about how soft the world is becoming.

#57 LABec

LABec
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 06:53 PM

Dude get over yourself. You died once and are crying to get shades removed. End of story. Maybe some day ill use it as an anecdote about how soft the world is becoming.

Just to discredit your narrative once again. I made this post on Thursday, died on Friday.

#58 «Chão§phê®ê»

«Chão§phê®ê»
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 06:56 PM

No spin here... MG anecdotal points:

Nightmist has never been balanced and is only strategy based.

Utilizing the functions of the game to kill and avoid being killed is an intended and fun part of the game.

Training is more than twice as easy as it was.

Xp loss is significantly lower.

Shades are a solid tool for defense.

#59 LABec

LABec
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 06:56 PM

blake did this,

piddy did that,

someone stole my pots,

Exactly what you have been doing the entire post. thanks for pointing it out. Get your thief yet? lol

You'll know when the stuff you're hitting has no gold.

Edited by LABec, 05 February 2022 - 06:56 PM.

#60 Nerve

Nerve
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 06:57 PM

blake did this,

piddy did that,

someone stole my pots,

You'll know when the stuff you're hitting has no gold.

I get my gold from players. Thanks tho

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users